Default Margaritaville in Negril

I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find the thread. If we want to go to Margaritaville from CN, how far is it and what is the best way to go? We don't want to do the party bus thing ... too late for us. And yeah, I know it's overpriced, but we want to go once (didn't go last year), mostly to get tee shirts for the kids. We've hit a Margaritaville anytime we've been to a place that has one, so this will be our only venture to the one in Negril.

If we do a trading places to CSA, is it within walking distance from there? Would be a good way to combine trips if it is.

All input is appreciated.

Woohoo ... 33 days!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Yes, 5 minutes or so walk from csa

We stay at CSA and walk to Margaritaville every time we're there. Like you, we know it's overpriced and all that but we're parrotheads and love to visit when we can. It's about a 10-15 minute walk, tops.

Its located about a 5-10 minute walk by beach from SweptAway. Your best bet is to take the offered tour... it doesn't stay late, if I recall. Your other option would be to cab it over during the day, which offers a neat opportunity to explore the main part of Seven Mile Beach.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

It is about 5 minutes down the beach from CSA. You can always go to the one at the airport before heading home to get t-shirts too in case you don't make it to the one in Negril.

One option would be to do the trading places and spend the day at Couples Swept Away. From CSA it is a short walk (well not a long walk) down the beach. My wife and I walked down the beach from CSA on a trading places day and walked through Margaritaville. It was fun to visit the gift shop, and take a break from the walk. Being on your own time schedule is a plus also.

Have fun!!

On Wednesdays CN and CSA do a trip to Margaritaville for their beach party. Leaves CN at 5 pm. It is actually a pretty fun time. We went with CSA, had fun ( they play silly games, dancing and a fun atmosphere). Not sure what time they stayed til because we walked back at around 615pm due to dinner reservations.

10 min walk south from CSA or there is a shuttle that goes there from CN, but not every day (The last sched said only Wed). The shuttle leaves at 5p and doesn't stay very late. Plus, you could always take a $5 cab ride back. Could walk there from CN, but it would be about 2 3/4 miles down Norman Manley Blvd. The beach doesn't connect to Bloody Bay. People who run that stretch of road say it's not as scary as you would think, because of the large shoulder, but almost 3 miles in the heat and humidity would be a lot different on a road, than on the beach! Have fun! We are only 38 days from CN and freakin stoked!

we did exactly what a couple people suggested - while at CSA for trading places we spent some time wandering down the beach to check out all the local vendors and establishments, including Margaritaville. Just be aware, just as when you leave the property at CN, a Couples security guard will ask you for your name and room number. Just let them know you are at CSA for the day via trading places and give him/her your CN room number. CN also has a shuttle that goes to Margaritaville I think like twice a week for a couple hours in the afternoon which is free to guests.

We have recently returned from CN and we did a trading places to CSA just so we could walk down to Margaritaville and buy them out of T shirts for family and friends. It really is a short walk and if you don't want to hang around the resort, ask the front desk to call you a cab for the return trip. That's what we did.

Can someone tell me what time the shuttle returns to CN from Margaritaville?