Default Romance rewards?

How far ahead should I let the resort know about using my romance rewards? I've been told 7-10 days before arrival. Should I call the resort directly, or is there another way to handle it. It'll be the first time I've tried to use the rewards.

10-14 days is safe

There is a link that randymon posted recently that you can use to "Pre-Check In". Basically, the link provides you an opportunity to select your welcome gift, provide your basic check in information (arrival/departure flight schedules, etc.), and to set up your suite's mini-bar (sweet!). You should be able to find it here on the MB, but if not, you should be able to find it on the main website.

Good Luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Gotta give myself a great big DUH for my previous answer to your inquiry...

The link I referred to is in one of the pinned topics at the top of the Main Message Board...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I was just checking and saw this on the website

"ROMANCE REWARDS MEMBERS must pre check-in online to select your special gift preferences in advance of your arrival.
    You must pre-check in at least 3 days in advance of your arrival date.
    Your gift will be delivered to you within 24 hours of your check-in at the resort.
    Please note that failure to pre check-in may result in a further delay or forfeiture of benefits."

Now I have a question. How long until I see the credit for my first 7 nights? Stayed Sept 10-17?
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BettyinToronto View Post
    I was just checking and saw this on the website

"ROMANCE REWARDS MEMBERS must pre check-in online to select your special gift preferences in advance of your arrival.
    You must pre-check in at least 3 days in advance of your arrival date.
    Your gift will be delivered to you within 24 hours of your check-in at the resort.
    Please note that failure to pre check-in may result in a further delay or forfeiture of benefits."

Now I have a question. How long until I see the credit for my first 7 nights? Stayed Sept 10-17?
    Verification can take a little time. It just depends. I just checked my Romance Rewards account and our departure was 11/27/10, and the account was credited for the stay on 12/3/10.

Default They Forgot Mine

I checked my account last spring because we are going again next May. They had not credited our account. I emailed them and they did so but also told me that they will credit nights for up to a year after your stay. After that you lose them. So...just watch for a month or so and if you don't see them on your account just give an email. They'll take care of it mon.

I created a support ticket and got my account credited for our September stay in one business day. What service! See the nice e-mail reply below. Now I have asked about the resort credit. I thought it would show the $100.

Thank you for emailing and for choosing Couples Resorts as your preferred vacation destination.
    Your romance rewards account has been updated with the earned nights for September 2011. Please note that you have up to 12 months after check out to sign up for the Program and or request for your account to be updated.
    Please be sure to pre check-in online up to three (3) days prior to your next arrival. I have included the link: http://couples.com/romance-rewards/pre-checkin.php.
    We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Sunshine regards,
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014