Thread: Resort Credit

Default Resort Credit

We booked our trip to CSA when the $500 resort credit was offered. Has anyone who also booked this incentive had any difficulty using it? I looked at my Romance Rewards account and it says 0 for resort credits available. Should we get something from the travel agent to have proof of this? We would hate to charge $500 to our room anticipating using our resort credits and not have them. Any info would be appreciated.

The $500 resort credit promotion was not associated with Romance Rewards, and indeed is in ADDITION to any resort credit you may have coming associated with the rewards program; for example, our RR resort credit for our return home next week will be $200. In addition to that, we booked during the $500 credit promotion, so our total credit will be... click, click, whirrrrr, click... $700! WOOHOO!

Any promotional resort credits should show up on the invoice from your TA. Contact them to see if they had used the promotion code when they booked for you.

Good Luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We've had resort credits on the past few trips, and there's never been any real problem. I think one time we had to spend a few extra minutes at check-in while they looked into the booking, and I believe it may have been an hour or two before we got the little certificate thingie (not sure if they do the paper thing anymore, since that was a specific gift shop reward promo a few years ago), but I would classify that as a very minor hiccup rather than a problem, per se.

I did notice that when we got our final all-paid-up confirmation for our next trip, it lists the promotion/reward at the bottom. So if you don't see it there, you could call them up, but I wouldn't stress too much about it ahead of time: I've yet to hear about anyone who didn't receive the rewards offered when they booked.

Be sure you are signed up to be Romance Rewards members. Then 3-7 days before your trip, pre-register on this site. If you are a previous guest, you will get yo choose some gifts. When you arrive at the resort, soon check-in, you will receive your voucher for your credits and you turn them back in when you check out. They will be used to pay for the stuff you purchased during your stay. That's how it worked for us last April. Have a great trip!

No worries... you can have your TA confirm. Otherwise just ask at the desk when you get to the resort and they will confirm you booked before the necessary date and you will get your $500 credit. It most likely was already processed and the resort will give you a coupon whenyou get to the resort. You have to have the coupon at the end of your trip to apply it to your room charge bill.
    later

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxnation View Post
    We booked our trip to CSA when the $500 resort credit was offered. Has anyone who also booked this incentive had any difficulty using it? I looked at my Romance Rewards account and it says 0 for resort credits available. Should we get something from the travel agent to have proof of this? We would hate to charge $500 to our room anticipating using our resort credits and not have them. Any info would be appreciated.
    We booked in 2010 when they had the same offer. The credits were posted to our account at the resort when we actually arrived and checked in. They were not posted on our Romance Rewards account. We didn't have any trouble using them
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

When you check in they should give a certficate with the right amount. If not, ask for it. There will be a sticker on it that tells you where you can "spend" it. When you check out, you just give your certificate and they subtract it. Romance Reward credits are nights stayed, so you won't see it noted there.

Just returned, and when we arrived the 500 resort credit was not in our packet, we asked and there was no problem. Before I left , I had checked with Couples at the 800 #, to see if all my credits were in order, as this was a promotion done a long time ago. So you should check before you leave.

We didn't have any problem with our either. We just had the cashier staple each of our receipts to our certificate at the time of each purchase so that we could keep track during the week, and know what we had once we checked out. No problem Mon!!!

No problem at checkout. We returned home last Saturday. At checkout, they added up all the receits and deducted our $700. What we ran over the $700 we had to pay. Had some fantastic spa treatments with that credit.

The thing to remember is the resort booking credit is separate from the RR credit. That is the only thing we had to distinguish when we were using our last $50. At check out they said we owed that but we had our receipts etc and told them it was RR Credit and all was made right. I had lots of visits to the spa.
    Vicky

There should not be any problem, just confirm when you check in to make sure. If you are at "Passionate Level" you will have an additional $200 to spend.
    Like Chris, we too had $700 last April to spend at CN. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. We already had the couples massage and I had another massage and my SO had her nails done at the spa. We still had a lot of credit left but had limited room in our luggage to bring anything back. We did manage to spend it all...and then some.
    What we found out was that our $200 credit was not added to the $500 credit. In other words, we had 2 separate credit accounts. I'm still not quite sure what happened but we ended up owing around $50 for purchases when we checked out. I was not good about adding up the receipts since we made various purchases throughout the week. I'm sure had I checked at the desk to see what my balance(s) were, this could have been avoided.
    We just laughed it off because, here we were trying so hard to find small items to purchase to fit in our luggage and we end up spending an extra $50.
    So, to make a long story short, keep tabs on what you spend and realize that you will have 2 separate credit acounts.....unless they changed that since April.

Thanks everyone for the info and great ideas. We do have $700 to spend since we are at Passionate Level. I amhoping to either use some to upgrade or to use it on better wine.

Like others have said, the only problem we had was trying to spend it. Neither one of us are into the massage/spa thing. We did manage to find lots of nice gifts for family and friends.