Default Can newbies use the trading places program?

We are going to CN 1/29/10-2/3/10. First time at a Couples can't wait. Wondering if first timers can use the Trading Places program for is it only for repeat visitors? Thanks.

Yes, just sign up for the romance rewards program prior to your arrival.

If you are a Romance Rewards memeber then you have access to the trading places program.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

I think, as long as your signed up for romance rewards and have your card you can take part. sign up now.

The Trading Places program is open to Romance Rewards members. Sign up now. While you don't need to be a returning guest to take advantage of the Trading Places program, you do have to have an active RR account. If you wait to sign up until right before you leave, your account might not yet be active when you arrive at the resort.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default what is "trading places program"?

And what IS the "trading places program"??

Quote Originally Posted by luv2snrkl View Post
    And what IS the "trading places program"??
    It's a program that allows you to visit a nearby Couples for the day without having to purchase a pass. Here are the rules from FAQ section of the website.

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Another question on this and Romance Rewards - is the Rewards membership per person or couple? I signed myself up, but now I'm wondering if I need to sign up my fiance too?

I think my biggest mistake was not taking advantage of the Trading Places program while at CTI. I guess I knew about it but didn't think we could do it even though I had already had an active Romance Rewards Card. We liked CTI but after 7 days of laying around, we got kind of bored and we didn't want to do any excursions. I would have taken a day to go to CSS (I think that's the one by CTI) to see what it was like. That way, when and if we go back, I would have known what two of them were like. So take advantage of it, if you can!

Default Romance reward-single or couple

This is from the Romance Reward rules:
    You cannot have more than one account per household. If you are incorrectly assigned more than one account, you should call the Romance Rewards Department to have one membership cancelled. Nights Stayed may not be transferred or assigned. Corporations, companies, associations and groups can not enroll in the Program.

In the event of divorce or separation all Nights Stayed are deemed to belong to the person named as the Primary Member on the account. Accrued nights do not constitute property of the Member and are not transferable (i) upon death, (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter or (iii) otherwise by operation of law. However, Couples Resorts, in its sole discretion, may credit accrued Nights Stayed to persons specifically identified in court approved divorce decrees or to a legal spouse in the case of documented death of the Primary Member upon receipt of documentation satisfactory to Couples Resorts.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by musicalfresco View Post
    Another question on this and Romance Rewards - is the Rewards membership per person or couple? I signed myself up, but now I'm wondering if I need to sign up my fiance too?
    Only one romance rewards account per couple so only sign up once.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Just one of you need to sign up.
    Kristen

It's per Couple so you're all set!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

what bites is your points only stay valid if you visit every 2 years. im thinking i might be able to swing every 3 years, if i plan. so i guess it'll still be nice for the trading places program, but i wont be accruing points.

It was changed to every 5 years!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGeek View Post
    what bites is your points only stay valid if you visit every 2 years. im thinking i might be able to swing every 3 years, if i plan. so i guess it'll still be nice for the trading places program, but i wont be accruing points.
    Kristen