Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As other posters have said, you cannot go wrong with any Couples resort, it simply comes down to preference. We started at CTI when it was COR a few years ago and worked our way around - we're returning to CTI in a couple of weeks.

I think the "hotel" reference comes more from the appearance of the buildings at CTI (as you can see from the pictures), but it is definitely tropical. My favorite for romance though is CSS, the layout makes it seem very spacious as though you're the only couple there at times. CN would probably come next on my list as we loved the beach there. While we really liked the rooms, Lemongrass, and fitness center at CSA, I would not rush to return there as it just didn't feel quite as intimate as the others. As we haven't visited CTI yet, I can't really rank that, but can say that we like the island at there, and Bayside is a very romantic location for dinner.

If romance is you main criteria, you may want to consider CSS. If you sign up for romance rewards and stay at CTI, you can always do a day visit to CSS and perhaps go there on you next visit.

Thank you for everyone's opinion and taking the time to reply.

That being said, I think we are going to stay with CTI and enjoy our much much needed vacation & anniversary trip together! What drew us to CTI was the private beach, extra included excursions and being able to afford a room that is right on the beach. I envisioned a couples only AI tropical destination and a beach to relax w my hubs with a drink in hand! I'm sure we will have a blast and you all are right - when we come back we can always choose another if we wanted & we make our trip how WE want it to be - a simple "hotel like" atmosphere shouldn't stop us! We are thrilled and can't wait.

Again, thank you.

Our first visit to a Couples resort was to CSA for our wedding and honeymoon. So when we decided to try CTI and CSS it was with some apprehension that they wouldn’t be as good. My main worry was the beaches, but also the hotel feel of CTI. We loved the grounds of CSA and the buildings sprawled about the property.
    Then we arrived at CTI and entered that lobby and I thought, wow... so chic and modern in a retro way. We had a Deluxe Ocean view room. Since CTI is less expensive than CSA, we could afford the view room there, whereas we couldn’t really justify the cost of a beachfront at CSA for 2 weeks. So right off we loved the room. It was bright and sunny and OMG, the view! ...waking up looking right out over the water was incredible. We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at CTI. We found it very social and friendly and met lots of great people. I loved the spa there so much more than CSA, and enjoyed evenings in the hot tubs there. Some cool/cloudy weather ended up being the biggest disappointment (which is of course no way Couples fault of course). We still got to enjoy the beach and although I admit I love 7 mile beach in Negril, it was a nice change having this quiet private beach. It still has the tall palms overhead, and warm water that drops off nicely for swimming.
    Then we went to CSS and loved it too for a whole bunch of totally different reasons. So I guess what I’m saying is that there are pros and cons for each Couples resort.
    If you really think you’ll enjoy CSA more, then try to switch, but if you decide to stick with CTI, go with a positive attitude and look for all the pluses about CTI. There are many, and just being on vacation with your husband will make it romantic and special.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    Then we arrived at CTI and entered that lobby and I thought, wow... so chic and modern in a retro way. We had a Deluxe Ocean view room. Since CTI is less expensive than CSA, we could afford the view room there, whereas we couldn’t really justify the cost of a beachfront at CSA for 2 weeks. So right off we loved the room. It was bright and sunny and OMG, the view! ...waking up looking right out over the water was incredible. We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at CTI. We found it very social and friendly and met lots of great people. I loved the spa there so much more than CSA, and enjoyed evenings in the hot tubs there. Some cool/cloudy weather ended up being the biggest disappointment (which is of course no way Couples fault of course). We still got to enjoy the beach and although I admit I love 7 mile beach in Negril, it was a nice change having this quiet private beach. It still has the tall palms overhead, and warm water that drops off nicely for swimming.
    Thank you for that description! It was just what I needed to read! Another reason we chose CTI, like you, was for the fact that we COULD afford a room with an amazing view in addition to other reasons I mentioned before. . . I can't wait. I truly think we are making the right decision. I am glad it still has a garden/tropical effect & palm trees

CTI was amazing and ROMANTIC!!! From the moment we arrived we were spoiled and my husband and I had the honeymoon of a lifetime. It is very romantic and the staff go out of their way to make evrything special for you....My vote is def CTI!!! Although with Couples and Jamaica you can't go wrong either way its gonna be IRIE!!!!!

Been to CTI and CSS. To say CTI isn't romantic would be like saying a Ferrari isn't a fast car. It may not be the absolute fastest, but its one of the fastest. We agree with kyc, Bayside at night is the most romantic place we have ever been. Lying next to your partner on the Island with waves crashing around you is the second most romantic place. Massages in the spa the third (although we haven't had a massage at CSS yet). Yes, its a hotel, but it never feels crowded and you can definitely make it into one of your most romantic trips ever.

Stay your course...CTI is an outstanding resort.
    My wife Peggy and I choose CTI over CSA by a wide margin.
    We have stayed at CTI and we love it.
    The employees at CTI are second to none in pleasing their guests.

CTI...Couples Tower Isle....Oh,how I do love typing these words.

Hugs from 10 0 c

I agree with Bearso insofar as you shouldn't start completely second-guessing yourselves. My suggestion is that since you're booked at CTI, go with that. But sign up for Romance Rewards and do a trading places early on: If you're unhappy with CTI and prefer CSS, chances are you could move. But I suspect you'll not want to: Each resort has its own positives and negatives, and they're entirely subjective, and now that you're part of the Couples family, so to speak, you'll be aware of the upcoming specials and can plan another trip (perhaps for your 11th anniversary) to either assuage your curiosity about the other resorts or to return to your "home."

Default I know how you feel....Mistake or not?

I can completely relate to how you are feeling! After several weeks of searching for our "perfect" vacation my Husband and I decided on Couples TI. It was the very first one we looked at and no matter where else we looked my heart always said TI. We booked our vacation in March of 2011 for January of 2012. It is our very first vacation and will be the only vacation for a long time so we wanted to do it right. My Husband will be having spinal surgery in November so even after 7 weeks for recovery he still will be limited in activity. All he wanted was to be able to relax in a Hammock on the beach. UNTIL....I find out there is no hammocks at TI! NO Hammocks at TI! Have you heard of anything so odd? Since we found that out we have been second guessing ourselves for choosing TI. What kind of resort don't have Hammocks?
    Never the less, we decided to stay with TI. I like the private beach idea, the smallness of it, and im not crazy about the Hotel feel....but I am used to staying in hotels in US so it wont bother me.
    My thoughts....we chose TI for a reason if we change to another we will never know what we are missing.

Happy travels to you. Happy Anniversary.

Tara Jo
    Minnesota
    Feb 2012

Default Undecided still?

I was just wondering if you had made your final decision on your destination. If so, what made you chose that place.

Tara

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2