Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

We have been to CN 4 times now & have already booked our 5th.....some friends asked us why we keep going back to the same place. Don't we get bored? Wouldn't we like to try someplace else.
    Now in all honesty, we traveled extensively before we discovered Couples but once we did we had no desire to go elsewhere. I used to be a cruise fanatic (27 cruises) but they have changed over the years. They now nickle & dime you to death.
    So what is the attraction? I just can't seem to put it into words......
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Captain Jim, our family/friends have all said try someplace else. must be boring etc etc. They can't understand why we want to spend time somewhere we have already visited.

Actually, I am finding it hard to give them a definitive answer. Is it the great location, wonderful staff, excellent food, the great guests, the ambience of the resort? Who knows! All I know is when I step into the lobby at CTI a great calm and feeling of well being descends on me. I cannot describe it to someone who has never been, and you know what.........I ain't gonna try anymore. We're just going to book it and travel. I completely understand about not being able to put it into words Jim. Don't even try, just walk about with a stupid smile all over your face

As someone said 'once you go, you know'

'Once you go, you know" Hard to say more than that, but Couples is something you have to experience to understand why al of us keep going back.

Lots of people go on perennial trips to places like Maine, or Ocean City or the Outer Banks, but I've never heard those people be asked, "You always go there - why don't you try someplace new?" We obviously have all found a destination we love enough to return to again and again. Why should we be encouraged to go elsewhere just because it's Jamaica we're returning to? I think some people have a misconception that Jamaica is... unwholesome, and they likely have all kinds of crazy ideas in their heads of what we're doing over there (and that they secretly wish to partake in). But clearly I'm just cynical.

Once you have found perfection why go else where!!!!!!

I think Couples Negril is a magical place. I feel like a spell has been cast upon me when I am there. This spell continues on and on even after I leave. I can't stop thinking about the place. My husband and I are going back next year for trip #8 and we are just as excited to go this time as our 1st or 2nd trip.
    I know, this doesn't make sense. We should branch out and see the rest of the world. We only take one big vacation a year and it's got to be Couples Negril!

Our family asked us the same questions so we showed them our pictures and explained it all but they still couldn't understand why so we told them to come with us once and see for themselves. They are now going back for their 6th trip with us in Dec. As you said Cleversole, Once you go, you know!

My wife and I were at CN for our honeymoon this past June and we loved it so much, we knew we wanted to go back. We recommended to my cousin and her fiance, and THEY booked their honeymoon there, too. The funny thing is, their wedding falls 2 days before our anniversary, and my wife and I are about to book a one year anniversary BACK to Couples Negril. So we'll be there with my cousin and her husband on their honeymoon! We can't wait!

I'm agree with theyamons as well...I think people have a perception of odd things going on, no matter what we tell them about our trips. Anymore, we just don't care. It's our money, it's our lives and it's our marriage that we are working on, so if other people ask, we just say it's what we enjoy. We've looked at and talked about other places, but just can't do it now. This is only our third but it will not be our last. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Couples Negril. I want to try one of the other properties but can't even do that because of our love for CN. As long as YOU enjoy it, no one else's opinion matters. WE all know why we go and why we continue to return.

The wife and I and another couple went to CN May 2011. We had the best vacation ever. We booked a return 8 night vacation for May 2012 this past June. I am wishing my life away waiting on May to get here to go back to CN.

Coming back to CN is returning "home". One of the best things about returning is that we already know the layout, know what to expect and are immediately in "holiday" mode. We will be making our 4th trip to CN in 106 days.....anticipation is already starting to grow.....we talk about it everyday. We first started coming to CN in 2009 and since then have been to Mexico (Mayan Rivervia) once. I compared everything about that resort (and we had been there before) to everything at CN. I missed CN while we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    I think Couples Negril is a magical place. I feel like a spell has been cast upon me when I am there. This spell continues on and on even after I leave. I can't stop thinking about the place. My husband and I are going back next year for trip #8 and we are just as excited to go this time as our 1st or 2nd trip.
    I know, this doesn't make sense. We should branch out and see the rest of the world. We only take one big vacation a year and it's got to be Couples Negril!
    JIMnMARIANN, you are so right! We've been to CN twice looked everywhere for anything comparable this year but just couldn't find it. We are going to SS in FEb to give it a go and see that side of the Island, and we are sooo excited. The moment I have booked I am back on the messageboard (almost everyday) because it can't come quickly enough. We are still travelling the world and going to lots of new places inbetween couples hols but I think we will always come back for the beach holiday simply because it is without doubt, the Best. Purely magical. Sighhhhh.........