Hybrid View

Default Okay Ladies, Is THis Too Much?

Is a bathing suit, cover up, t-shirt, and a nice outfit a day too much? Also are heels worth it, if I am already packing flats? What about water shoes---oh all this is for CSS, lol. My hubby thinks I am over packing, ladies any thought???

one suit for every other day, three T's , a cover up to go with each suit but better if one for two suits, a couple sarongs, dinner outfit every day plus one, one pair of heels tops. Our feet always seem to swell at the resort and after the first two days, I think heeeeeels (stilettos) would be torture. four pairs of flip flops/sandals, atleast one of those being cheap-o's for the beach, I've heard water shoes are something you need at CSS as well.

As your list stands, yes, you are overpacking, slightly. and sadly, I hate to say this...I really do....your husband was right.

we had to do the airport shuffle with our baggage weight limit and that was not fun...didnt leave enough room for stuff to bring back because of overpacking. I'd hate to see you make that foible too.

I think you have it right. We are leaving for CSA in 7 days and that's what I packed...

Hi Christy,
    My first response is .... it depends. If you are going to SSB, you won't need to many swimsuits because they won't be getting wet!:-) As for nice outfits for dinner, you're only in them for a few hours, so I recycle some of my outfits and wear them more than once! In July, we were at CSS for 8 days, and I took 4 suits and 2-3 cover-ups and 3 nice outfits, and that was plenty. We will be back in December for New Year's Eve, so I will bring and extra special outfit to wear when we ring in the New Year!

But the choice is yours. Enjoy your time in paradise!!

One Love,
    suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi Christy,
    My first response is .... it depends. If you are going to SSB, you won't need to many swimsuits because they won't be getting wet!:-) As for nice outfits for dinner, you're only in them for a few hours, so I recycle some of my outfits and wear them more than once! In July, we were at CSS for 8 days, and I took 4 suits and 2-3 cover-ups and 3 nice outfits, and that was plenty. We will be back in December for New Year's Eve, so I will bring and extra special outfit to wear when we ring in the New Year!

But the choice is yours. Enjoy your time in paradise!!

One Love,
    suzyQ

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Last year we went for a whole week to CSS and only packed one small bag each. No bathing suits, 1 set of dinner clothes, two pair of shorts and shirts each, flip flops and we wore our travel clothes. that was it. I think we had clothes on for a total of 6 hours that week. The ride to and from the resort and once for Dinner.
    THE BEST VACATION ever.

My standard rule of thumb regarding shoes is the # of days minus 1 equals the # of shoes I can pack. I am an overpacker and proud of it. For 6 days, I go with 3 sets of everything, swimwear, coverups, dresses, Tshirts, shorts etc. With the exception of shoes and lingerie ;-) I hope this helps you out. My best piece of advice, weigh your bag and leave a few pounds for souveniers under the 50lb limit!

I always take 5 bathing suits for a weeks stay they take forever to dry and may I suggest you take a small amount of laundry soap! My hubby and I returned into our room one evening to find a not so wonderful arroma! It turned out to be the bathing suit. Even though we had rinsed them and hung to dry they still did not smell very good! I had brought a sample pack of tide that fixed the problem. I always take 7 cover ups. I know longer bring shorts or casual wear due to not wearing them. I also bring about 4 evening dresses and a few sun dresses. Living in KS this seems to be the only place I have to wear dresses. So I take full advantage of this. Heels well I bring them but that's just personal prefrence. We are an our fith trip to Couples and each trip I seem to pack less and less!!

Do you mean one swimsuit and cover up for each day? If you have the space, go for it! I have found 2-3 swimsuits and 1-2 cover ups is plenty. I usually wear my dinner outfits twice. Heels? Casanova is an uphill hike for dinner. Again, it would be what you are comfortable in. Water shoes? I wear them early in the week and I slowly forget them! They are nice for hobie cat rides, glass bottom boat, etc. They are a must for Dunns River Falls. Do what makes you happy!

To be honest I am a guy and this is what your husband wants you to pack:

stuff to be comfortable in
    sandles
    lingerie
    slutty lingerie shoes

Quote Originally Posted by goingtocouples View Post
    To be honest I am a guy and this is what your husband wants you to pack:

stuff to be comfortable in
    sandles
    lingerie
    slutty lingerie shoes
    Hahahah! Slutty lingerie shoes! Hahahah. You just made my morning

I like to bring several swimsuits for the same reason already mentioned - they don't dry well. I also bring laundry soap to rinse the salt water and/or chlorine out each day. I also like to have several cover-ups.
    What are you bringing the t-shirts for? If they are the top of cover-up, then yes, you'd probably need several. But if they if you have full cover-ups, then you really only need shorts and t-shirts for going off resort (1 or 2 sets?). Since we go for 2 weeks, I have to double up my dresses and capri pants for dinners, but if the dresses are small and I was only going for a week, I'd probably take just as many.
    As for shoes, I don't personally find heels comfy. CSS has a lot of stairs, so keep that in mind. Up to you. So I bring flip flops/sandals for the beach, water shoes (Keens - also good for walking), dressier but flat sandals in black and in brown (to go with different outfits)
    But honestly, you should bring what you feel comfortabel with and have room for. You don't want to be wishing you had stuff you didn't bring. If you over pack this time, maybe you won't next time... maybe I'm getting better at it, but having trouble letting go of some things... LOL

We took our first Couples trip in June, and as first-timers overpacked some. When we go back next summer, we will be taking a lot less. We ended up wearing the same clothes more than once, since we only had them on for a little while. You are going to spend most of your time in a bathing suit and/or coverup.

As someone else said, the number of swimsuits you will need depends if you are going to SSB. I took 4 or 5 swimsuits, but ended up only wearing two. We spent our days on SSB and then in the evenings would go to the mineral pool, so I rotated suits every other day. I also took a small bottle of Woolite to rinse suits in at the end of the day. I would just wear a sarong to SSB - so easy to get on and off and not worrying about sand getting everywhere.

Sarongs, coverups and sundresses are the best. I took a couple of pair of shorts and T-shirts and also did not wear them.

For dinner, take two dresses for Casanova and Pallazina (or wear the same one to both places). No one really notices or cares. You are on vacation! Of course, it's fun to buy new dresses to take on your trip.

I took a pair of slide heels to wear to Casanova and Pallazina. For beach party and Gala night - I suggest flats or flip flops because you are walking around on the grass and on the beach. The dress for Bella Vista (our favorite) is very casual.

I did not take water shoes, but am thinking about it for next year. Getting into the water on SSB is a little rocky, but then it smoothes out. I did fine without them this year, but it was a little tough on the feet. I can't tell you about the main beach, because I didn't get in the water there.

If you plan to use the fitness center, remember to take your tennis shoes. My husband went down to the fitness center one morning wearing his flip flops and was told he had to wear his "trainers." We had not packed our trainers, so they will be coming with us next year.

The most important thing is to take clothes you will be cool and comfortable in.

And, like everybody else said, make sure you leave room in your suitcase for souvenirs.

Enjoy!
    Mia
    T.O. & Mia
    CSS - June 17-23, 2011 Weddingmoon!
    CSS - June 19-23, 2012

No I don't think its too much in fact when I went to CSS in April which as a side note was my best vacation ever. I brought with me 7 bathing suits and mulitipe outfits for each day that I was there which was seven. In terms of packing well I brought enough clothes to fill my carry-on, two of my luggages and I asked my boyfriend to bring an extra one of his so I could my stuff in, now did I wear everything that I brought...no. But did I care nope, because I was on vacation and I wanted to bring everything I could so I could be prepared for anything that might happen to me while I would be on the resort or on tour. So my advice to you is as long as you aren't over weight in luggage pounds then bring what ever you want and enjoy.

We go for 10 nights and I bring defininetly more than 2 bathing suits because they do take some time to dry. I probably take more than anyone needs but I just love bathing suits, but I would suggest bringing some woolite to wash them cause ours would tend to get a musty smell to them after haning. Same thing with my husband, he brings few pair also.
    Being there 10 nights I bring 5 dresses for evening so I end up wearing each one twice, it works out good. The only time I wear t-shirts or tank tops is to work out so I do bring a few more of those cause they get sweaty and stinky, same with socks. I dont really both with heels like I normally would, I have a nice pair of flats I wear with all my maxi dresses, and then I do bring one pair of strappy cute heels that go with most of my dresses in case I get a bug up my butt and want to wear heels. I might pack a little more than some people but I dont like wearing the same clothes for 10 days straight so I try to balance it out. Bathing suits, a few sun dresses, a couple covers ups, work out clothes, 2 pair of sandals/flip flops, and a pair of heel. Thats should do it. I hope this helps.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

I usually take a swim suit & cover up for each day, 2 t shirts, one pair of shorts, 3 or 4 dresses, beach shoes and wedges (heels are too hard on beach and grass).

Amy

Yes from a Guy's point of view.
    Irie Mon

may I recommend space bags and a luggage scale. you can find both at any Walmart in the travel section.

Thanks everyone, I am going with the overall theory that I AM RIGHT and showing him this thread tonight. HA! HA!

from a female perspective--I take cover-ups that can serve as an outfit if needed. I now leave heels at home and take dressier sandals. Getting more experienced each time--basic colors--white, black and brown. If you are CSS, there are a lot of stairs and the GALA is held on the lawn, neither are good match for heels. Shoes weigh a lot and they charge a lot for overweight luggage. I take beach sandals and work out clothes. Instead of regular laundry detergent, I take detergent that you can use for hand laundry--Woolite, Delicare--as it washes out easier. At CTI, we do not have a problem with our swim wear drying on the balcony.
    Vicky

You won't need shorts & t-shirts for every day. If you go off resort you will, but otherwise you spend all day in your swimsuit. I usually bring 4 swimsuits and 2 cover-ups. I then will bring 4 sundresses and a couple skirts with tops. This is for a 10 day stay. I will also bring one pair of shorts and a couple t-shirts. Even this ends up being too many clothes. I think first timers don't realize that 90% of the day is spent in swimsuits with the other 10% in your evening wear. And that is only for a couple hours so it is perfectly fine to wear outfits more than once. I try to save as much space as possible so we can bring home coffee. I only bring one pair of sandals for the evening and a pair of flip-flops for the day. I wear my tennis shoes there and back so I don't have to pack them and take up valuable luggage space and weight limit.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I'm overpacking and I know it. But this is my vacation, and I want options! Plus, I worked hard to lose some weight for the trip, and I want to look cute!

Sign me up for Overpackers Anonymous, but I'm gonna look damn good when I get there!