Default Office of Nature

This is our second trip to CN coming up, and we want to make sure we make it down to the Office of Nature for some lobster. But the idea of skipping out on the good (and free) resort meals leaves me wondering.

What time do most people usually head down to the ON for a lobster meal. Lunch, early dinner, afternoon meal? And, is it worth it?

Thanks.

Oh, I don't know. Does this look like a good lunch to you???Name:  OON.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  47.5 KB

Below is a previous post on OON. It is totally worth it and I think we went around 3p or so. It was definitely after our afternoon dive one day.

"You MUST go to the Office of Nature. When you're heading north up the beach from CN, it's not the first one with the fancy sign, but the 2nd one with blue tarps for a roof. It seems sketchy at first, but it's definitely not. Just walk up to the bar, tell em what you want, $15, $20, or $25 lobster, grab a beer and wait for your food. Last time, in Nov 2010, we asked for the $20 lobster, but I can't imagine it's much bigger than the $15 ones, I just didn't want to hassle with making change. They chop it in half, slather it with seasoned butter and grill to perfection. we hung out at the bar with Johnny B Goode, but all of the guys are really cool. They keep the lobsters alive in the sea and they feed them coconut and orange peels so the meat is even sweeter than usual. A very prissy early-30-something walked by and said "Do you really think that's safe?" and we just laughed at her. There is nothing safer than live lobster fresh out of the sea!"

Any time is a good time for lobster at the OON. Is it worth it? The atmosphere is priceless. Gritty, Stinkweed, Randy,Cookie, will all treat you with respect and you will have a great time. 20$ per person for lobster, fantastic!