Default Has anyone used TimAir or Airlink?

Does anyone have any experience using TimAir or Airlink? Do you cut out significant travel time compared to the bus trip? Do you leave the airport right away once you clear Customs? Ninth time coming to CN and looking for any advantage to getting on resort sooner.......

Used International Airlink several times before the cost of the flights increased and had very good customer service and your transfers to the resort from the airstrip are included. Would not hesitate in using them again if it was cost effective.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

We have used Tim Air twice and will be using it again in February. We have had success both times with getting to the airport and through customs and then to Tim Air. We have never waited more than 10-15 minutes to get in the air after arriving at TimAir. Now, I guess it is the luck of the draw. If you get there and the plane is not available then you will have to wait. I have read on the message boards of some people having to wait. Both times I have made reservations through timair.com and they were waiting for us when we arrived. No matter whatit is definately a nice way to see the island and get to the hotel. Enjoy!!
    12/2010 CN
    04/2011 CSA
    02/2012 CSA
    12/2013 CB
    12/2014 CSA

TimAir

We are set up to use Tim Air for the second time and we are looking forward to a quick trip to the resort. The first two trips to Couples Negril we took the shuttle. We didn't like the long shuttle and then the stop at a roadside snack place so others could get food and a beer( it was only about 20 minutes from the resort) It was nice to use the bathroom but, the 25 minute delay to our trip was frustrating.

Last year we used Tim Air for the first time. The company was wonderful and very good with me as I was a little nervous about going in the small plane. Our pilot, Curtis was so cool with me. The whole time during take off and getting up in the air, he keep talking to me making sure I was doing okay. As soon as we got into the air, all fears went away when I saw Jamaica from the air. It really is breathtaking and something everyone should try. You really do miss a lot of the scenery being on the ground. It is fantastic being to the resort in 15 minutes. There was a taxi waiting. Always clarify the cost before taking it. He only charge us $5.00 and then we gave him a small tip. The resort within walking distance but, I would suggest taking as a taxi as it is crazy on that road.

Tim Air treated us very well and I look forward to seeing our friends again. We do give the pilot a $20.00 tip. Make sure you set up the reservation so it gives you time to get through customs etc. I didn't set up the time right last year and they ended up waiting for us quit awhile. They never mentioned anything but, I felt bad. In the future, I'm planning on it taking about 1 hour to get through everything, a quick stop at couples lounge to check in and verify us using Timair. I gave a 15-20 minute window from the time we get to couples lounge, pay Tim Air and go through their small security check. Yes, plan to take the jewerly etc. off again before you get out to take their plan. They again are terrific. I would highly recommend taking Tim Air to the resort it is a lot of money but, so worth it. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Do a search on the main message board on Timair and you will also be able to read other reviews. Have fun!

We will be using TimAir for our 5th time at CSA. The flight lasts around 15 minutes and is a lot of fun. Every time we used TimAir we barely had enough time to get a beer at the Couples Lounge before a TimAir representative greeted us and showed us to the plane.

At the TimAir counter be sure they contact the resort to pick you up at the airport in Negril. Say hello to Curtis!

Bob

Just got back from CN used Timair Yes it does cut your time to the resort alot. First time for me in a small plane Cant wait to do it again Its by far the way to go. Watch for video on Couples Negril Facebook page coming soon

We have used both TimAir and Air Link. In 2010 we took Tim Air both ways on our trip to CN. We did not have reservations so it took a little longer as we needed to go to the counter to pay etc. We probably waited about 30 minutes as they got the plane ready etc. There ended up being 6 of us making the trip, so I figured they had to switch planes as they put us in the "larger" plane. Curtis was our pilot and the flight was spectacular. On the way back, it was just my wife and I, and again everything went smoothly. We were worried about the weather, as the huricane had just passed Jamaica to the East and the winds were howlling and the seas were huge. No problems - flight was remarkably smooth.

We just got back from CSA on 11/2. We arrived at MBJ at 11:00am and made it through customs in about 10 minutes. I figured we'd find the TimAir or Air Link guy on the way to the Couples Lounge to arrange a flight. The airport was empty. We made it all the way to the Lounge withoug seeing either flight company. We told the baggage guy at the lounge that we were going to fly and he said that he had a private car waiting. We decided to take the car and save a little money. We were in the car and on the road in less than 10 minutes. Trip took about 1 hour 15 minutes. Our flight home wasn't until 3;15pm so we booked a scheduled flight from Air Link at 1:00pm which worked perfectly. Because it was a scheduled flight it was a little cheaper. We got to spend an extra 2 hours in the ocean on the day of departure; well worth the money. The Air Link plane was newer than the Tim Air flight.

We wouldn't have a problem recommending either airline. For us, it is worth the price to fly, especially at the end of the trip if you have an afternoon flight back to the states.

Kent & Dawn
    CSA 2007, 2011
    CN 2010
    CSS 2009

Quote Originally Posted by D&K View Post
    Does anyone have any experience using TimAir or Airlink? Do you cut out significant travel time compared to the bus trip? Do you leave the airport right away once you clear Customs? Ninth time coming to CN and looking for any advantage to getting on resort sooner.......

Thanks for everyone's responses..... would those who have taken the flight say the whole process from the point of clearing customs to checking in at the Couples desk to landing at the Aerodome in Negril is an hour process or less including the fifteen minute flight? Sounds like a fun way to see the island in a different perspective and break up the routine of the bus ride.

If you are flying either airline from Negril to the Airport how long before your departure time did you leave. We fly out at 3pm on Sunday 2/12.??? THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kgillespie View Post
    If you are flying either airline from Negril to the Airport how long before your departure time did you leave. We fly out at 3pm on Sunday 2/12.??? THANKS!!!
    Typically they (IAL or Tim Air) would put you on a flight that lands at MBJ 2 hours before your scheduled international departure, so probably it would be a 12:45 flight from Negril.

We would push for a 1PM departure or perhaps 15 minutes later, but we know exactly where to go in MBJ airport, will check in online before hand, have priority check-in line status, etc.

If you are new to the process at MBJ you may want to play it safe (also note that 2/12 will be more hectic at MBJ because it is high travel season, particularly so because it is on a Sunday).

The international airline also can make a difference; if we were on Air Jamaica (have had a few bad experiences with them in the past), we'd leave Negril a bit earlier.