Hybrid View

Default Cold Water divers descending on Couples Negril Dec 19 2011 ,,,Dry suits left at home!

2 Dry suit divers are arriving at Couples Negril December 19th for 10 nights...looking to get as much warm water diving in as we can as well as some well deserved vacation time.

We heard so much about the dive staff and can't wait to meet them. Without question we are taking our own warm water gear and look forward to the great viz!

If theres anyone else going there thru this time,,look us up maybe we can do some diving together!

G&A
    Squamish BC

Today's viz was 20 feet and 47 degrees at 50 feet!

!

The only way you'll get 20ft viz in Negril is at night! Daytime offers surface to floor viz and whether during the day or at night, the water is 80 degrees and you really need nothing but a swimsuit. Although, we always wear our 3mm shorties, primarily for protection. You're gonna love the staff. Richard, Shrek (Ashrayn), Alain, and Sugar (Karl) are awesome DMs/Instructors, and Jovane in the Watersports Hut is a funny, witty kid that's fun to BS with before and after dives. We'll be there about a month before you, for about one day less, and I figured that we'll get about 16 dives in on that trip. That's being realisitic with our time. Inevitably, there will be 1-2 days that you may want to do something other than diving, which includes the day before you leave, which is a good day to sit out the diving anyway.

Enjoy! You're gonna love it!

Default Sounds Great,,,

Sounds Awesome,,,,We have dove in Jamaica about 3 years ago at Swept Away and are so looking forward to it again. We'll be bringing our warm water gear and 3mm suits...all we need are tanks and weights.

Is there a storage spot for your gear if your diving daily??
    Rinse Tank for regs etc etc?
    Camera wash bucket in boat?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    The only way you'll get 20ft viz in Negril is at night! Daytime offers surface to floor viz and whether during the day or at night, the water is 80 degrees and you really need nothing but a swimsuit. Although, we always wear our 3mm shorties, primarily for protection. You're gonna love the staff. Richard, Shrek (Ashrayn), Alain, and Sugar (Karl) are awesome DMs/Instructors, and Jovane in the Watersports Hut is a funny, witty kid that's fun to BS with before and after dives. We'll be there about a month before you, for about one day less, and I figured that we'll get about 16 dives in on that trip. That's being realisitic with our time. Inevitably, there will be 1-2 days that you may want to do something other than diving, which includes the day before you leave, which is a good day to sit out the diving anyway.

Enjoy! You're gonna love it!

We are so glad that Jovane is still there. I really enjoyed chatting with him on the beach before and after dives in May. Karl is an awesome guy as well. We are really looking forward to seeing them both again.

Dan, please look for me (Brian). I will either have a brown ball cap on that says JA in big letters or a black ball cap with a big N on it (from back in the days before Pelini when I was in mourning for the Huskers when they had their ex-raiders coach...lol). We look forward to meeting you guys and Jamie and David as well.

Will do, Brian! If you will be diving, it will be hard to miss us. We're both mid-30's, I'm 6'2", short brown hair and Carrie is 5'2", shoulder length blonde. Not sure what time you land, but the Huskers play Michigan that day, so, we'll either be at the pool bar or in the game room, which has a TV and a couch. I will be wearing a Husker shirt that day for sure. As for Callahan, it was a dark time in NU history, but those days are far, far behind us. I cringe every time I see that guy on the Jets' sideline and I don't even like the Jets!

Thanks, Dan. We'll see you there. This past May, we didn't end up getting to the resort until 3:30 on Saturday. We will be taking the same flight on the 19th, so it will probably be around the same time. In May, we tried to get to the dive shack to sign up for Sunday's dive dive, but it was already closed up.

Yes, I know where the game room is, it's perfect for watching the game (and popcorn). We'll look for you there that night. If you aren't there, we'll swing by the pool bar.

I just got Mendy her first dive camera about a week ago, so she probably won't get a chance to dive with it before we get there. Our dives might be pretty interesting this time around with her and getting used to diving with a camera...lol We might get our advanced done this time, if the front desk can remember that we are using 2011 credits and Randy said SCUBA is included on those. If not, then we'll just do the normal dives.

We look forward to meeting you guys!

David is about 6'3", brown hair, and will probably be wearing a Corona hat. I am 5'6", brunette. We both are just taking skin suits to protect against the jellies that LOVE me on the Negril side. I will post a pic of us on the Nov. thread. Glad it is FINALLY getting closer. I cannot wait to get on that dive boat again!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Does Couples Dive shack have a rinse tank for after the dive?
    Do you just take your wetsuit gear back to your own room or if your diving daily can you leave it in the shack?
    Thanks

GA

Be at the Dive hut from Dec 23 toDec 30 . We have over 80 dives with the CN dive crew they are great. Yes there is a Rinse tank and there are lockers for gear at the hut.

See you on Bubbles ( the Boat) .From Northern Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by 99north View Post
    Does Couples Dive shack have a rinse tank for after the dive?
    Do you just take your wetsuit gear back to your own room or if your diving daily can you leave it in the shack?
    Thanks
    Yes, there are 2 rinse tanks right next to the dive shack, and a showerhead for rinsing off yourself, your wetsuit and booties. I know some people leave their stuff at the shack and there are lockers available, but we take our wetsuits, masks, fins, camera, etc back to the room with us. We always ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room, so we can hang our wetsuits over our balcony railing. There's no camera wash bucket on the boat, but the ride back is so short, we just rinse ours off at the dive shack.

Yes, they have a rinse tank and a shower right by the dive shack. They let us store our stuff in the dive shack last May. Hopefully we can do that again next week, too :-)

Yes they have a rinse tank and can stash your gear for you.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Awesome,,,we will see everyone there!
    Thanks for the info!
    G&A