Hybrid View

Default Any Scottish Brides???

Hello,

Was wondering if there are any Scottish Brides marrying in Jamaica?

L x

Hi there. I am flying out 3rd nov from gatwick to couples swept away. Getting married there on the 10th.My fiance and I from west lothian. Eleanor x

Quote Originally Posted by ells View Post
    Hi there. I am flying out 3rd nov from gatwick to couples swept away. Getting married there on the 10th.My fiance and I from west lothian. Eleanor x
    eleanor, thats great to hear...not long now! My fiance and I are from Glasgow, Clydebank. Getting married at CSA March 2012,just the 2 of us.

Can I ask what you did about certified copies of birth certs? Ive ended up just ordering 2 copies with the seal on it.One to send over & one to take with us when we go. Was a bit confused about it all as the Laws in Scotland are different from England.

L x

Well I am an American....but my family came from Scotland in the 1800's...does that count ; ) LoL...I am sure we left several of generations of "Sutherland's" behind.

Brittany&Allen....Yes im sure that counts! lol.x

hi laura. we took our birth certificates to lawyer who photocopied and stamped them and also drew up our statutory declaration. we were told to bring copies out here with us also but were never asked for them. been married 1 wk now and waiting to be picked up for our flight home boohooo!!!!!

Congratulations Eleanor,hope you's had a great wedding day and holiday! Hope CSA is just as good as all the reviews. Ive sent away original sealed copies, they said they will let us knowif there are any problems in plenty of time.

Was it just the 2 of you?x

Hi there!

I'm originally from Lewis, my other half from Glasgow and we live in Ayrshire! Booked CSA wedding 5 Nov 2013.... Seems like ages away I'm hoping the time will fly by!!

Hope your big day went well!

Tx

Hi

Im from Beith in North Ayrshire, My Fiance and I have just booked up to go to CSA June 2013 to get married (just the 2 of us)!! Im sooo excited, It looks amazing.

Sx
    Stacey

Hi Stacey,

I stay in Stewarton, so we're not far awa! Small world! Hotel looks so lovely, I am so excited but still seems so long to wait! Is it just the two of you? We also have both sets of parent coming out although not for the full fortnight. I am trying to contain my wedding fever with my friends and family so I don;t bore the socks off them lol! Think its different when you are getting married abroad, definitely less stressful (so far!).

Tx

Hi Tina,

Oh yes small world it is! The whole place looks fab, i really cant wait to go Pity we'r not going at the same time would have been nice to meet up with some fellow Scots! Yeah its just the 2 of us going for 10nights, i think we will just have a big family party when we get back. I can be a bit of a stress head so going away seems perfect for me, hassle free (i hope) lol!

We havent told very many people that we are going yet so you can imagine how i am with the wedding fever lol I'm bursting at the seams haha!

I got my dress on saturday there and as its 2013 new season and i got it in a sale i wont be able to view it again until nxt year maybe march/april time.. i sooo hope i have made the right choice. Gutted i dont even have a picture of it Im sure it'll be fine though (fingers crossed)

Sx

Aww it's all so exciting!! One year til we go... Wish it was June lol!

We're also having a party when we get back, definitely the easiest option!

I ordered my dress in May and it should be in anytime now for my first fitting, can't wait! I've kind of forgotten what it's like, they wouldn't let me take a pic but I do have a pic from the Internet. My H2B wearing a kilt but going casual with high tops and a casual white shirt.

We've booked an off resort photographer to come in for 3 hours as I wasn't too impressed with the Couples prices! Misha Earle booked and much more reasonable plus we get to see her work now so know what to expect.

Good luck telling everyone, I'm sure they'll be fine thou! Everyone has been very understanding with us, they know how crazy weddings costs can get these days.

If you want to chat about it all, we're almost neighbours so feel free to get in touch!

Tx

Aww im sure the year will fly, 2012 certianly has for me anyway.

Oh thats exciting i cant wait to see my dress again and try it on.. roll on next march. I called the shop today to see if they maybe had a pic on the off chance but they didnt so looks like i'll just have to be patient and wait. I would love for my H2B to wear a kilt but he thinks it might be too warm/uncomfortable so i think hes going for a light grey suit with a light white shirt.

Im a bit stuck on what to do about a photographer, people have said the resort one is good but the prices are a bit high for what you get! Did you have to pay $500 to the resort to have an outside photographer come in? The photos are obviously a HUGE part of the day so i dont want to be dissappointed!
    How did you find out about Misha Earle?

Yeah we have told our families and a few close friends and they have all said we are doing the right thing. My friends just want me to have a massive hen party to make up for them not being there on my big day haha... i think i can manage that

Sx
    Stacey

We found out about Misha Earle by trawling this forum lol! I'm sure the resort photographer is good but I'm just not prepared to pay that much!

Misha deducts the $500 resort fee from her bill and we'll pay that. Her prices were far more reasonable and we get to see examples of her photos before we go.

We also contacted Stacey Clarke photography and prices were much of a muchness but in end we felt Mishas "style" of photos were more suited to us.

I had a slight freak out a few weeks ago when the other couple who were coming to be our witnesses had to pull out. We didn't want to be entirely alone and I emailed Misha in a panic as we were having second thoughts. She could b

We found out about Misha Earle by trawling this forum lol! I'm sure the resort photographer is good but I'm just not prepared to pay that much!

Misha deducts the $500 resort fee from her bill and we'll pay that. Her prices were far more reasonable and we get to see examples of her photos before we go.

We also contacted Stacey Clarke photography and prices were much of a muchness but in end we felt Mishas "style" of photos were more suited to us.

I had a slight freak out a few weeks ago when the other couple who were coming to be our witnesses had to pull out. We didn't want to be entirely alone and I emailed Misha in a panic as we were having second thoughts. She could not have been nicer and totally helped calm me down! I was worried about a stranger helping me into my dress but she was saying she'd help and was just totally lovely! As it happens, our parents then asked to come so panic was for nothing!

Tx

Hey Tina,

Sorry iv not been on in a while, lifes been a bit hectic!

Thanks for the info on Misha, i contacted her through email and have decided to go with her for our photos. She seems lovely and her photos are amazing

Got a little good news at the weekend too, my friend and her bf are looking in to switching their holiday to Jamaica and joining us for our big day Im sooo happy with this, will be really great to have another couple there with us! Fingers crossed they are able to switch destination as they are already booked up for Mexico at the same time.

Roll on June

Sx
    Stacey