Default Rockin' at SweptAway

Have you ever had one of those weeks when EVERYTHING goes right? Well, we're at SweptAway, approaching the end of our stay (returning home on Sunday), and its ALMOST one of those weeks.

Arrival on the island was as smooth as its ever been. USAir went off with nary a hitch, arrival at MBJ was on time, and it took us longer to get to Immigration than it took us to get through it. No lines at about noon on Saturday... who knew?

Tiny hitch in the express check-in process... our repeater packet had been processed, but was somehow misplaced. We received in in our room within a couple of hours.

Only other hitch has been the beach. Weather's been great, despite those rain, rain, storm, rain forecasts everyone's been concerned with, but a weather system to the west has been raising havoc with the beach. We've had heavy surf all week, fun to play in, but the beach is suffering. I'm told that the beach party for tonight has been moved inside the Palms due to lack of beach. Oh well, poor, poor, pitiful me.

Other than that, staff, food, drinks, accommodations, shopping have all been great. We've succumbed to beach gravity yet again, but that is mostly due to the successful surprise of the arrival of our dear friends of nearly 40 years! My wife was absolutely FLOORED when we met them at the Beach Bar!

We'll see about putting up a more thorough review on our return home, but there really isn't much to add. Its been a great week to chill, relax, eat and drink; and to spend beach time out of our normal summer in Wisconsin is always a privelege we'll cherish, thanks to SweptAway!

When we leave on Sunday, our countdown to May2012 officially begins. See you all on the other side!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Chris, i heard the beach took a beating this past week. Our friends Tom and Erin were there as well and Tom told me the waves were quite large at times.

the return of the beach soon come mon.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Chris,

See youre having fun.

Hope the beach comes back soon.

Have a safe return back home.

Life is good

Glad you're having a great time! How cool that you surprised your wife with the friend visit!!!

Hope the beach gets back to normal soon!

Sounds like a wonderful week! Im 11 days away from my first time at CSA . How bad was the condition of the beach when you left and did the large waves affect the water sports ?

I'm so happy to read your week is perfection. Very nice! We just love playing in those big waves when they're there. Have an awesome rest of the week and we'll look forward to your review when you get back to WI. xoxoxox Razzl

Yeah, the beach was getting slammed all week. On one day, in fact, a chunk of reef washed up near the watersports shack. Coral, sea stars, star anemones, sponges, along with lots of seaweed, turtle grass and human litter like bottles, parts of boats, and what-not. One of the watersports guys called it a cleansing tide. Now we know it as Hurricane Rina.

On Friday, the watersports and dive crews began moving the larger craft up the Green; smaller craft were pulled up onto the beach. All is well and all is ready. Saturday afternoon, the cat went out; Friday it couldn't. But yeah, this week's going to be a rough one for the beach. I suspect that the weather is fine, with an off-shore wind blowing out toward the storm, but the surf is still rockin'.

Lee Issa was on resort during the week before we arrived. and I'm told he was concerned about the beach. I paced it from walkway to waterline, just to check it out when we return in May.

I wonder if we met Tom & Erin?
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Please keep us posted in the beach conditions! We return to CSA on November 5th!