Thread: rain?

Default rain?

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new here! I didn't know this type of forum existed. COOL! Anyways, I am going to CN in two weeks for my honeymoon. I have been watching the weather, and every day it has rain/thunderstorms predicted. Are they getting remnant storms from Rina or is it really sunny most of the times with a random shower or storm in the afternoon? Just wondering from someone who has been there in the last week or two who might know. Thanks!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...maica+JMXX0009

The only mistake is the website your using. Probably the least reliable of all sources, which seems counter-intuitive considering the web address! The best sources of real info on weather activity in the Caribbean are stormcarib.com or wunderground.com with the best tracker models of existing storms being stormpulse.com. With that said, tropical conditions do include the possibility of a storm or 2 throughout the day, but if it does rain in mid-November, it's usually a short, afternoon shower. Nothing major. No worries!

We were there Oct 4-12 and I was obsessed w/ checking the weather too......every single day said showers/thunderstorms. It rained twice, maaaybe 3 times while we were there....otherwise sunny and amazing. Don't worry.

We were at SweptAway the week after bball... again, predictions of rain and storms every day, but one (and that WAS on wunderground.com); in total, we had two day time showers on separate days (one was such a clearly harmless one, that my wife and I spent its entirety - about 15 minutes - in the ocean), and two brief showers during our 2nd night there.

Long ago, I came to the conclusion that, with Jamaica being such a small country and landmass, that the precip chances (excuse me... I meant to say liquid sunshine index) is probably more of an indicator of probabilie of rain SOMEPLACE on the island - not necessarily over your destination.

Since then, I always say... ample rain + ample precipitation = tropical paradise. If you don't want to deal with both, try Aruba.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I just checked the forecast for 2/4 - 2/11/2012 and it is sunny with a high of 81 each day! No Problem!