Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I don't want to seem mean, but.....

For those of you in the affected areas - and the many more who will be soon enough...

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!

If you haven't made your reservation already, you KNOW you're coming home again to Couples this winter. MAYBE, just MAYBE, the start of the white flakes will be incentive enough for you to book sooner than later.

So say goodbye to your snow shovels, snow blowers, mittens, parkas, boots, long johns, and seeing your breath - at least for a week.

Book now.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; November 7th, 2011 at 02:31 AM.

Couples Resorts

That is mean, especially since they are predicting a colder and more snowy winter. But, we'll be home in 5 weeks, about the time the first big snow fall happens here in central WI. See you then.
    Linda

We won't be returning to Couples until we are dogless. While we've been to Couples annually since 1998 and two or three times each year in the last five years, our dogs are so old now that we can't travel. Dasher will be 16 on December 24, and this year has not been kind to him. He has had one ailment after another, and antibiotics make him violently ill. Rudy is 14 and is now completely blind; he shuts down if a petsitter comes to stay.

Please don't wish snow upon us. That will only hasten Dasher into the grave (or urn). We love Couples, but our return will be bittersweet b/c it will happen only after we've said goodbye to two dear friends/cherished members of our family.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Randy, that's cold... really cold!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We're slated to get 6-10 inches tomorrow....and I say BRING IT ON!

We'll be home at CSS on Christmas Day, and will be spending two weeks in paradise!

Every year this time I have such a feeling of dread. Central WI winters are brutal, and the forecasts say this will be an especially hard winter for us. I must say that this year I am cheery and I think I will remain that way because I am counting down the days to CSA on Feb 25th! Who knew a reservation to CSA could be such a cure for Seasonal Affectional Disorder!!

You are merciless Randymon! xoxoxoxo Razzl

you're right, that WAS mean.
    April soon come, mon.

very mean randymon! wishing for a 3/4 night wednesday special so that we can sneak away without the kids and not be a burden on the fam ... that third kid took away our traveling card!
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

I must be the exception here. I work 60 hour weeks from the end of march until mid December then have all winter off. I spend every other week snowmobiling in northern Quebec where I've seen temps of -40 f. Now add in 70 mph on a sled and you have my kinda paradise!!! I still enjoy a week a mid winter vacation to a waRm tropical island though! Nothing like coming home and heading north for a 100 degree drop in temp!!

Ha We leave in 35 hours we're bringing a snowball with your name on it Randy

Sure am upset that I moved from Boston...where they had snow last night...to Texas!!

Pamela,
    I am so sorry to hear that. I know exactly how it feels. We had to put our BEAUTIFUL black lab Malcolm down last year. He was 14 years old and the most loving, patient, and loyal dog I have ever met. In his last days I could see the pain and sadness in his eyes and couldn't let him suffer anymore. His urn is on the tale in the living room. I still miss his wagging tail and kisses as he greeted us whenever we came home each day. They are more important right now than a vacation. You will have plenty of them to come.

The rest of winter can do what it wants....but Feb 12 and 13 the better be nice so we can take off and come home!

Pamela,

I know exactly how you feel. We just lost our dear dog on Thursday. Although he is a dog he is one of our family. Porter was nearly 14 and started failing during this past year. Our thoughts are with you as my heart is torn apart on the loss of my little buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    We won't be returning to Couples until we are dogless. While we've been to Couples annually since 1998 and two or three times each year in the last five years, our dogs are so old now that we can't travel. Dasher will be 16 on December 24, and this year has not been kind to him. He has had one ailment after another, and antibiotics make him violently ill. Rudy is 14 and is now completely blind; he shuts down if a petsitter comes to stay.

Please don't wish snow upon us. That will only hasten Dasher into the grave (or urn). We love Couples, but our return will be bittersweet b/c it will happen only after we've said goodbye to two dear friends/cherished members of our family.
    Awe that is bitter sweet I hope my dog lives that long. He'll be 1yr in Dec.

The truly great thing about a snowy winter is that the slopes will be busy and we'll have enough funds and a real need to be dumb fat and happy for a week to return to Couples in April. Enjoy Winter mc

Randy, looks like your true, cold-heartedness is coming out.

We're from Colorado...let it snow!!! Our plan is to ski in February, then head to Jamaica in March. Best of both worlds!

Default Saturday October 29th

We left Couples Negril at 8am on Saturday and did not get back to Boston until 3am Sunday. I want to go back already.....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Sooprnova,
    My husband and I will arrive at CSS on December 27th! Hopefully we will meet and can lift a toast! Save some rum for us!

One Love,
    suzyQ

So so so so mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    We left Couples Negril at 8am on Saturday and did not get back to Boston until 3am Sunday. I want to go back already.....
    We left CN at 9:15 Saturday morning, flying through Orlando to Portland, Maine. We landed in Portland at 10:15 this morning (Monday)!!! If I had known our flight would be cancelled and we'd have to spend two nights in Florida before we could get another flight, I would have dug my feet into that fine white sand and spent two more nights there!

Captain Jim andScottnMartha, I can sympathize with you. last year we got stranded in Atlanta on December 11th (where it was also snowing lightly) coming home to Wisconsin from CSS. It took us until Sunday night to get back, and then they lost my luggage. ( I believe it was still in Atlanta). We leave again in 32 days, and I can't wait.
    Linda

We booked last night! Now the countdown begins! We don't come home until 12/1/12 but I so can't wait!

Supposed to get our 2nd snow in Denver tonight. November 18th could not come soon enough!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast