Hybrid View

Default Question CSS Fishing

Hi all, my hubby and I are making our first trip to Couples CSS in January. I have loved reading all the posts, but have a couple questions. First, hubby loves to fish, is there any fishing places around the resort, like from the beach or if we take out one of the boats? Has anyone ever done this? We looked at deep sea excursions, but just wondering.
    What is the gala night? How dressed up for that do we get. Will the clothes for dinners work ok for that as well?
    We are excited about this trip. We have been all over the islands, Saint Thomas has always been my favorite, but we decided to try something new. I am all ready for a relaxing vacation.

im bumping this thread up because I am wondering the same thing for my fiance....

You can book a deep sea fishing trip @ the tour desk. I am pretty sure it is the tour desk. Just anyone there they can tell you. We only went out once in Ocho Rios. went out twice in Negril. Book early so you can match a trip with other fishers. That brings the cost down. It is about $125-150 per person if you go with at least another person or couple. We always have a great time. They pick you up and bring you back.
    The Gala night is Friday night. Outside if no rain. It is very nice with tons of food, ice sculptures, entertainment. They request no shorts , t shirts, sandal. Nothing overly formal, just like you put a little effort. Like what you would wear to a nice dinner, but not black tie. You will love it, CSS is very relaxing, private and the food is very good. oh, I always wear a small heel like a kitten heel dress shoe Friday night because you are walking on the lawn. and you do not want to trip or have your heels dig into the lawn.

radioop - are you thinking of doing deep sea this trip? I am there the same time as you 12/2-9 and hoping to book a trip out fishing.

babcock4

Hello Angel!
    It's nice to see someone from the Pacific NW on the MB! I went to UofW for grad school and really miss Seattle now that I live in Florida!

You will love CSS! The staff will treat you fabulously and the property is gorgeous! As for the Starlight Gala on Friday night, they hold is on the main lawn and it is a wonderful buffet with a show after the meal. My hubby wears nice shorts and one of his Tommy Bahama shirts and I wear a nice sundress and sandals--I might also bring along a shawl or light sweater for cooler evenings. Since you're on grass, high heels aren't practical.

I hope you and your SO have a great, relaxing trip to CSS!
    suzyQ