Thread: I-Pad

Default I-Pad

has anyone used an I-Pad at couples?

Yep, works great at CSA. I assume the others would as well.

Note though that streaming content ( Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, HBOgo, etc.... ) will probably not work due to intellectual property licensing laws. Stuff you download in its entirety, from iTunes for example, will work. Just don't plan on having a Netflix party when you get there. LOL!

Also, make sure you turn off your 3G network, or else you will incur some serious usage bills. Use the WiFi!

Will face to face work too?

Yes face to face will work, as will skype.

FaceTime should work as well as the bandwidth of the connection will allow.

My wife used her I-pad on the A/N beach at CN last May. She was able to stream Reggae music from a Jamaican radio station.

Using iPad poolside at CTI now...ha.

we were there in November and were not able to use facetime.

Default Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by sji1976 View Post
    we were there in November and were not able to use facetime.
    We were at CTI in november and had no problems using facetime on the ipad in lots of places on the resort.

Your ipad will sorta work at CSA. They have wifi, and the signal is good pretty much everywhere. However the outbound bandwith is so severly saturated that using your ipad for anything that requires internet access is painful.

I met up with the head of IT (I am in IT operations als0) at the repeaters dinner and he was aware of the issue and was working on solutions, so couples is aware.

I assume the big change is in the number of people using it. 2 years ago when they first put in wifi, I think I was the only one on there. This past trip to CSA (2 weeks ago), every single person I saw had their ipod/iphone/droid/laptop connected. Heck between my wife and I, we had 5 devices connected. And before you ask, yes, we are total geeks.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    And before you ask, yes, we are total geeks.

LOL.... As I told my son, when he expressed concern that some of his interests made him appear "too geeky" to his friends:

"Son... Geeks get paid!"

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Your ipad will sorta work at CSA. They have wifi, and the signal is good pretty much everywhere. However the outbound bandwith is so severly saturated that using your ipad for anything that requires internet access is painful.

I met up with the head of IT (I am in IT operations als0) at the repeaters dinner and he was aware of the issue and was working on solutions, so couples is aware.

I assume the big change is in the number of people using it. 2 years ago when they first put in wifi, I think I was the only one on there. This past trip to CSA (2 weeks ago), every single person I saw had their ipod/iphone/droid/laptop connected. Heck between my wife and I, we had 5 devices connected. And before you ask, yes, we are total geeks.
    How sad, I can remember some of our early trips you would see the "business type guys" on the first day or so with their cell phone at ready, by the end of the trip the gadgets were nowhere in sight and they were unzipped and relaxed. This was pre wifi days and the only place on the property to access the internet was one or two desktops in the lobby on dialup. I know in this environment it's important for some people to stay connected, but, it is a vacation. Time to relax and disconnect.

Yes, for years!!! Nice for free WFI. TKS Couples
    Irie Mon