Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2013

2012 us a long ways away, but we waited too long for 2012 and can't get our BFVS this year, so we are going to have to wait until 2013. We will be there December 17-26. Larry and Judi

Time needs to go faster! 486 days till CSA!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Trip 3 to CSA booked for December of 2013. My husband thought I was insane to book a trip before we even traveled to CSA for 2012. Good thing I am pretty convincing

Looking forward to counting down 2013 with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by tkingle66 View Post
    Trip 3 to CSA booked for December of 2013. My husband thought I was insane to book a trip before we even traveled to CSA for 2012. Good thing I am pretty convincing

Looking forward to counting down 2013 with you all.
    Hi,Tammy :-) Too bad we didn't make it at the same time in 2013. Brian's mother and father are doing a vow renewal at CSA on Dec 7th for their 50th anniversary, so we are kind of tied around that date. His dad LOVED CSA when we went the first time, so that's what they decided on. Maybe someday we can go together. It's not like we live 3 miles apart though...lol Give us a call sometime, it's about time for another wonderful dinner somewhere.

Was so anxious to get back to CSA, booked a 4 nighter in November this year!!! CSA 58 days and CSA 446 days!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

We had to change our 2013 dates, we will be at CSS December 1-8 and at CSA December 8-15. Long ways out, but looking forward to next year!

We just booked our Dec 2013 trip (Dec 19-29) Only 442 days to go. We can't wait to return. We are hoping our daughter & her husband decide to join us this time. They will be celebrating their 10th anniversary next year.

CSA - May 2008
    CSA - Dec 2011

Terry & I are booked Nov 28th - Dec 7th 2013. I love knowing that before we even get there in 2012 we know when we are coming back!!!

Over a year to go! We may make a trip to Couples before that, but I am glad we are booked for December of 2013 already, as I waited too long and could not get December of this year. (The first time we won't be there in December since we first went in 2007.) Have to settle for a trip to Las Vegas this December to celebrate our anniversery instead. Larry and Judi

Zazu - see y'all next year

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!!!!!

I'll start the 2013 list as soon as we return from CSA 2012.

4 days until CSA 2012

370 days until CSA 2013 - the countdowns continue!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Time to start our countdown for December 2013 and quit fretting about missing out December of 2012! 342 days until we get off the plane in Jamaica. Have a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays everyone! Larry and Judi

Just pushed the button for our return trip to CSA: Dec 6-13.

335 days and a wake-up!!!

Just added an extra day to our 2013 trip to CSA, now booked for 12/19 through the 27th! Also picked up some passengers also, my husbands daughter(Kim,30 or will be ) and "friend(Travis) will be joining us Dec 20th till the 26th during Christmas! Very excited to have them joining us in the Atrium suites and on the beach for cocktails and sun and fun!!! The countdown has officially BEGUN!!!
    Helen & Paul-Florida

Yay! We are booked for Nov 28-Dec 08...
    Earl and Tonia Hanlon

Well add us to the list again for Dec 2013, 18 to 26th. Took,advantage of the last day on the 2013 early escapes. 3rd Xmas and 5th year in a row to Couples.

We had thought we might take a year or 2 off from Couples but it's so hard to give it up! So CSA here we come again for 2013!

Clint and Shauna.

Quote Originally Posted by tonia_hanlon View Post
    Yay! We are booked for Nov 28-Dec 08...
    Earl and Tonia Hanlon
    We are booked that week too...

Husband sent me an e-mail this morning telling me it would be OK for me to book Swept Away "if that is what I want to do." Well...we are booked for December 11th through December 19th. We are also bringing newbies with us!!

Shanita and Dean

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    We are booked that week too...
    We had to cancel our vacation this past December due to my husbands work schedule. I can't wait get back...
    I hope you guys had a great trip.

Waiting for Mike (MikeMonica) to start his spreadsheet for December. A long ways out , but December is on our minds every day.

December 7-14 for us. Second time to Negril first time to CSA.

Loved meeting Mike and Monica this past December at Swept Away. They are both as nice in person as they are on the Message Board!!

We are comin HOME! Dec 14-22. 4th trip to CSA. Can't wait to see all of our family again. Soon come Mon.

Happy New Year - I'm sorry I haven't started the 2013 list yet, but promise that I will soon. Making new friends and reconnecting with old ones are just some of the many things we love about our CSA family.

Monica and I had a great time at CSA and wish we were there now. She is exhausted from her community aid work, the flu, and her job. Some sand gravity (plus some fish tacos and a vodka slushie or two) would go a long way to help her recover. I've tried to make some of her CSA favorites but without the magic of 7 mile beach, they fall short.

If you hadn't heard, Alabama was struck by 15 tornadoes on Christmas day 2012 and is now listed as the tornado capitol of the US. At 10 PM, our community (Goshen/Troy) was hit by one of them. The National Weather Service later classified it as an EF2 - winds in excess of 129 MPH, 600 yards wide, and doing almost 16 miles of damage. Luckily, it struck in a mostly rural part of our community and the majority of the damage was done to farmland and woods. No one was killed, but there were injuries, some of them severe. Our property had some minor damage, which made us luckier than most. Our house is habitable and suffered minor damages compared to our neighbors. We will need a new roof, garage doors, some windows, some fencing, and some debris removal (from other houses etc...). We are insured and will be able to recoup most of our losses. I've spent more time with my chainsaw in the last few weeks than my computer (or anything else for that matter). If anybody needs some firewood, we've got plenty. My next door neighbor lost approximately 40 of his 70 wooded acres.

After Monica and I toured some of the damaged areas, she saw that there were a lot of families (many of them uninsured) that had lost everything in the tornado. She contacted the local Red Cross/relief agencies and helped organize clothing/essential items drives where she collected, sorted, sized, and distributed items to our neighbors for their immediate use.

4 weeks later, our community is starting to return to normal with a few exceptions. Blue tarps on roofs are a normal sight. Logging trucks are rumbling down the road at all hours. Neighbors are still helping each other clear away the remnants of house/trailer/outbuilding debris. Bonfires to get rid of splintered wood and debris are a daily occurrence.

But most of all, our community now understands just how lucky and blessed we were that no one was killed, that material possessions can be replaced, and that neighbors are more than just people who live next door or down the road.

Monica and I wish everyone in our CSA family a great year (without tornadoes, hurricanes, etc...) and are looking forward to meeting as many of you as we possibly can this year.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

MikeMonica , so glad to hear you two were not injured in the tormadoes that hit your area. Bless you both for your time you have spent helping your neighbors recover from the damages that occured. Wishing you both and your neighbors a much happier year ahead! Our paths will most likey not cross since we will be at CSA for Christmas again, so have a wonderful time when you return!
    Helen & Paul
    Florida

MikeMonica: Our thoughts are with you too. Your area is blessed to have nieghbors like you. Larry and Judi

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast