Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2013

Mike Monica glad all is well with you guys and your safe. Great to see you guys will keep you posted when we head to PCB this spring!
    Ya mon
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

At last under 300 days on the count down clock!!!! We are at 291 untill the first of December at CSS and 298 until CSA. Larry and Judi

Hello again!! Sorry we never ran into anyone from the 2012 thread.... We were at CSA last December and guess what? Where going back!

All booked for December 11th-21st!! Going all out this time! 5 days vs. 10 days = huge difference for us.

Oh... and we'll also be getting married on the 14th! Exactly 10 months until we say "I do."

MikeMonica,

Its official. Marybeth ordered the change in dates this week, and I just made the change with Couples reservations. We will no be there from 12/13-12/22. Looks like I'll be buying y'all some drinks at the Martini Bar! . It also looks like this will be our week for the foreseeable future, so you may be stuck with us.

Spiff542 - You can't imagine how excited Monica and I are to hear that you and Marybeth will be there during our stay. Maybe we'll get to try a trading spaces or pelican bar trip with ya'll. Now, if we could get Patty and Barry to switch their schedule.

I'm working on our Dec 2013 list and will get the first one out in March. Looking at the couples that are already signed up - It's going to be another great time at CSA.

See everyone soon!

CSA 2013 - 293 days and counting!
    CSA 2014 - 655 days and

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

December 13-22 for Mike and I. This will be our 3rd trip to CSA. We were originally booked for CN but changed back to our home away from home. Hmmm, maybe 2014 we will be adventurous and travel to another Couples resort. I am excited to say that this year my youngest daughter and her husband will be joining us in paradise for a few days. They will be traveling on their first out of states trip on December 14 - 21. Counting down the days.....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMonica View Post
    Spiff542 - You can't imagine how excited Monica and I are to hear that you and Marybeth will be there during our stay. Maybe we'll get to try a trading spaces or pelican bar trip with ya'll.

We will definitely be doing a Pelican Bar trip, and y'all are more than welcome to tag along. For us the PB is a MUST do! We'll probably do Blue Hole Mineral Springs again for an afternoon too. We went last trip for an afternoon and really enjoyed it. Mike you are always welcome to come with Billy and me up to the Red Dragon for their jerk pork. It's awesome. The Red Dragon trip is sort of a "Guys Day Out" as our wives don't appreciate the Red Dragon as much as we do. They are much happier on the beach.

277 Days till we return home! It's been a long snowy winter here in MN. We are thinking of doing Floyd's Pelican bar again on this years trip. So if anyone is goign to be there Dec 14-22nd and would like to join us the more the merrier. I see Mike and Monika and spiff542 are already talking about it too. It's a great time if you haven't been. A few years ago we went to YS Falls that same day too. I would like to hear more about the Blue Hole mineral springs. I havent heard anything about this place. Sounds relaxing.
    Much respect!

Hi kdgangl.

We go to Pelican Bar every year. This year will be our fourth trip to the PB. For our group of four it is a must do. If we all want to go together that's fine with us! We like to spend the whole day at the PB when we go. email me at mandolin-dot-jeff-at-gmail-dot-com. If y'all think you might want to plan something.

Blue Hole Mineral Spring is about 30 minutes from Negril. It is a huge limestone sinkhole caused by a mineral spring that you can jump in. (about 20' high). The mineral water is touted as curing a bunch of ills. I don't know about that, but it was quite pleasant to be in.

Their Facebook is here . There are a bunch of YouTube videos out there as everyone wants to film their jump in to the springs

It cost us about 10$ a head to get in, and we paid 30$ a head round trip to get there and back. Our driver stayed with us the whole time. We use the same driver a lot. He's pretty much our friend at this point.

The place was pretty quiet the day we went which suited us fine. There are a couple of guys who pretty much run the jumping into the spring and keep things running safely. They will also dive (quite well). They are super nice and fun to be around. They also have a pool filled from the springs so you can enjoy the mineral water without having to jump or climb down the sinkhole.

They are building a hotel there which looks pretty nice. The area around the pool has a nice bar / restaurant. Prices seemed reasonable enough for drinks, and though we did not eat there, the smells coming out of the kitchen made us wish we had. Whatever they were cooking smelled awesome. Even as I write this, the memory of that smell is causing a lingering regret that we did not get something to eat there.

The place was pretty relaxed, and we did not get the hard sell for anything. After a couple of jumps into the spring we settled in around the pool and just played in the water and relaxed. They had plenty of chairs, and shade, and cover if it rained.

The ladies got facials with the spring minerals, which were a very light colored clay. I think they paid about $10 each for that. They loved them.

They will take US$ (especially for admission), but it is one place I would recommend exchanging US$ for $J before going. The bar was much happier with the $J

The absolute best part was the ride out into the countryside to get there. You'll have to see for yourself to truly appreciate it.

Default WE did it again!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMonica View Post
    Spiff542 - You can't imagine how excited Monica and I are to hear that you and Marybeth will be there during our stay. Maybe we'll get to try a trading spaces or pelican bar trip with ya'll. Now, if we could get Patty and Barry to switch their schedule.

I'm working on our Dec 2013 list and will get the first one out in March. Looking at the couples that are already signed up - It's going to be another great time at CSA.

See everyone soon!

CSA 2013 - 293 days and counting!
    CSA 2014 - 655 days and
    Bob and Bern- 12/29 to 1/5 - Another dream come true :-)

Landon and Lisa 12/13-12/23. First timers for any Couples resorts. Celebrating our "almost" one year anniversary/honeymoon all rolled into one trip. 270 days to go.

Just got the confirmation, CSA 12/6/13-12/15/13. This will be our fifth time visiting CSA although the first since 2009. It will be hard to wait until December, but soon come.

we'll be there till the 7th,will see you for an evening

246 days to go. We have convinced 3 other couples to join us this year. 1 of them has never been to CSA and we are very excited to have them joining us to experiance true PARADISE! Hopeing we can get a few more to come as well. It's going to be an epic trip for sure. Soon come & much respect Mon.

Does anyone else find themselves daydreaming almost every day about returning to Jamaica? I know I do and can't wait to return to CSA in December. Just booked 2014 to CN, time to check out another Couple resort. Looking forward to the approaching spring/summer here in Kansas but as summer comes to an end I know my daydreams will become even more frequent as that means a return home is getting closer.

We're booked for Dec 7-14, 2013. Our second time back...first was our honeymoon in 2011!!!! We've got the countdown going on both of our phones Going with the Garden Verandah rather than the BFVS this time...hope it's not a mistake. Oh well, a garden view at CSA is better than the view from my desk at work!!!!

Mike and Monica. Glad to hear you are safe. We will be at CSA December 14-22, 2013 and December 29, 2013- January 5, 2014 (and at CTI the 22nd-29th). We hope to see you at Swept Away--9 months seems so far away!

Finally!!!!!
    Here's the first list for our group. Sorry it took so long but things have been crazy here.

I'd like to welcome everyone to the group and apologize if I have names, dates, anniversaries, numbers of trips or anything else wrong. Just let me know what changes I need to make and I'll make sure I get it right on the next list.

CSA dec 2012 ver 1 wo pics.xls

If you would like the list sent directly to your home email account, just send a note to wingnrain@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you automatically.

In the meantime, tell us a little about yourselves:

We are Mike and Monica from Troy Alabama. Monica's the gymnast and I'm retired military. We were married at CSA in 2007 and return for our anniversary every year. I'm also the CSA message board addict who puts together the Excel spread sheet that lists information about anyone who will be at CSA in December. While we are at CSA, you will normally find Monica on the beach or on a floatie soaking up some sun and having one of their great vodka drinks. I'll be in the shade reading a book/kindle/ipad and having one of their numerous rum drinks. At night, we watch the scheduled entertainment and then head towards the Aura Lounge for an evenning with Ultimate Chocolate.

So far, it looks like we know almost everyone that will be there during our stay. It's going to be a great December and we are both looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Jeff - the Red Dragon sounds great - Count me in!!!!

237 days and counting!!!!!
    Last edited by MikeMonica; April 19th, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Hi Mike and Monica, don't forget to add your friends from Kansas to the spreadsheet . We will be at CSA from Dec 13- Dec 22. My daughter Alli Ludwig and her husband Matt will be joining us on Dec 14-Dec 21. It will be Mike and my's 3rd trip and Alli and Matt's first trip to paradise.

Can't wait to see you both again.

Thanks Mike & Monica for directing me to the CSA Dec. '13 thread! My fiance & I are headed down from 12/04/13-12/12/13 and are tying the knot on 12/07/13 on the beach! We're from Milwaukee, WI. I've been to CSA in Dec. '08 for my bff's wedding (but was sadly single), had the most amazing time & could not wait to meet the man of my dreams to go back! Now I get to marry him there!! We are bringing about 7 other couples with us from Milwaukee, whom are all Couples virgins, but they will love it of course! Looking forward to swimming and relaxing all day, nice dinners, drinks and entertainment!

Lou and Helen here. Returning 12/6-12/15 for our 5th visit. You'll see us in the water on our floaties going from one end to the other in the morning and then in the shade. She'll be sipping a dirty banana and I a Jamaican delight or similar. We love the evening entertainment and Ultimate Chocolate. We renewed our wedding vows on our first visit three weeks after hurricane Ivan. The last three trips have all been in December. It is hard to stand the wait.

Hi All!

First time for the boyfriend and I at CSA. We are going 12/14 - 12/22. Can't wait!

We the Mashburn's from Florence, AL will be there Dec-5 - Dec-12 with our friends the Thorns.... First time to CSA but our fourth trip to Couples. CTI-2010, CN- 2011 and CSS-2012. Looking forward to be back in Negril....Mike and Monica you can add your Bama friends Andy & Cindy Mashburn to your spreadsheet for Dec. 2013...

Quote Originally Posted by Schwags View Post
    Thanks Mike & Monica for directing me to the CSA Dec. '13 thread! My fiance & I are headed down from 12/04/13-12/12/13 and are tying the knot on 12/07/13 on the beach! We're from Milwaukee, WI. I've been to CSA in Dec. '08 for my bff's wedding (but was sadly single), had the most amazing time & could not wait to meet the man of my dreams to go back! Now I get to marry him there!! We are bringing about 7 other couples with us from Milwaukee, whom are all Couples virgins, but they will love it of course! Looking forward to swimming and relaxing all day, nice dinners, drinks and entertainment!

We are from Appleton, WI and we will be there Nov. 28th to Dec. 8th!!! SEE YOU THERE!!! 214 MORE DAYS FOR US!!!

Schwags - Looks like y'all are going to have a great wedding. I know that you'll have a lot on your mind but don't worry about anything. Your wedding coordinator will take care of everything. Try the Jamaican Fruitcake for your wedding cake. It's my favorite. Sorry that we'll miss your wedding, make sure you have a drink for us.

LadySilvr - welcome to our group. I read your post about mosquitos and bug repellent. I don't recall ever having problems with mosquitos in December but you will still want to bring the repellent for sand-fleas. I've never had any problems with them but other people have. One word of caution - do not use the repellent on your toes if you are using toenail polish. The repellent softens the polish and when you walk in the sand, the sand sticks. Monica had sandpaper toenails for a day or two.

Bamadude, you have been added to the list. Looks like we'll be arriving the day you leave. Sorry to miss you. If y'all are ever in our part of Alabama, stop by. Our drinks and jerk pork/chicken are not quite as good as Couples but I am improving.

Tammy and Mike - It's going to be great seeing y'all again. Your kids will love paradise. Looking forward to another Repeater's Dinner already.

Randi & Sherri - When's your next trip to PCB?

Looks like 47 couples on the list so far. Not bad for April.

CSA 2013 - 229 Days and counting
    CSA 2014 - 592 Days
    CSA 2015 - 950 days give or take a few

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast