Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: December 2013

It's been 3 weeks since our last post and we've had 20 additional days of rain. Our total rainfall for July and August now stands at 35+ inches. Even our ducks are starting to complain. The good news is that we've had almost 24 hours without rain and are told that we can expect the sun to shine for the next week. The weather here is the coolest we've ever seen for August. It's been in the 60's at night with highs in the mid 80's. Those temperatures are expected to continue for the next week or so. I'm hoping that it will start to dry out soon.

We've found good homes for all of our puppies (minus the 2 we're keeping). We weighed them at the vets last Friday and were surprised at how much weight they'd gained. The smallest is 35 lbs and our male is 51 lbs. Next Tuesday (3 Sept) , they'll be four months old . My weekend consisted of getting their final shots and worming them (all 5) . I was on poopie shovelling detail for the last time (I hope).

Here's the latest copy of the list. Please let me know of any changes or corrections. Looking forward to a well-deserved break and seeing all of our friends soon.

CSA dec 2013 ver 4 wo_pics.xls

107 days and counting!!!!!!
    Last edited by MikeMonica; August 27th, 2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: attachment 21114 not reading correctly

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Finally booked our flights this morning. I just couldn't take the flight watching any more. 106 days! YEAH!!!! We are planning on taking TIMAIR to the resort this trip too. Very excited to just get to the resort rather than the bus ride. Don't get me wrong I love the excitement of the bus trip but 3 times is enough.

Our daughter starts school on the 3rd so that means summer is almost over. I hope the busyness of the school year make the days go by faster than they have been. I can't wait to reunited with all of our CSA family and make some new friends as well. There is nothing better than the feeling of being back "HOME".

If I'm not diving you can usually find me at the swim-up bar making friends. Stop by and say Hi and I'll buy you a drink or 2. LOL.

Soon Come

CSA 2007,2008,2011,2013

Booked flights ourselves this morning.

Considering that most of us are have crossed or soon will be crossing over into double digit territory..... This thread is wayyyyy too quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post

Considering that most of us are have crossed or soon will be crossing over into double digit territory..... This thread is wayyyyy too quiet!
    I was thinking that also, it is way quiet on here! Dec 14th I am ready for you!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

I totally agree that we are being way too quiet. I am kind of lurking in the background until October. That is when I put my summer clothes (we live in Nebraska) away for the season...AKA packing my Jamaica suitcases!!! We are bringing my sister-in-law and brother-in-law with us this trip. They are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks. Our gift to them will be a beach bag full of things they will need on their first trip to Jamaica!! Now back to lurking again...but I will be looking for December 2013 posts!! See you if you will be there December 11th - 19th.

Yes it is quiet.

86 days until we arrive at CSA on 12/6. This will be our 2nd trip and we are bringing along another couple who will be making their 1st trip. Right now, I'm just counting down day by day and trying not to think too much about our trip for fear that it will only make the time move more slowly. But I can't help it, I think about it all the time.

I'm really looking forward to that moment when we step outside of the airport and feel that immediate blast of humid Jamaican air hit me in the face and throw back the first of many ice cold Red Stripes.

80 Days, cant wait. Our 7th or 8th trip, lost count. Love the Red Strip commercials playing on TV in Denver. Makes me feel homesick. Downloaded Immigration/Customs form . What a great idea. Will make filling out form so much easier on plane with all information on cheat sheet.

Hi Muck,

Do you find it a little nerve wracking to bring along some friends for their first visit? I only ask because I know we did. We were just hoping they would love it as much as we do, and wouldn't be mad that we talked them into an expensive vacation they didn't like...

Turned out great for us however, as they are coming back with us again for their 4 th trip this year.

Just out of curiosity, where are y'all planning on heading off to with the money you're thinking of changing? I try to use mostly $JMD when I'm off resort.... But I have a few favorite places to spend them!

Jeff ( and Marybeth)

Just entered the double digits! 99 days till we step onto CSA's wonderful sandy beach! Can't wait!!!

Hi Muck,

Do you find it a little nerve wracking to bring along some friends for their first visit? I only ask because I know we did. We were just hoping they would love it as much as we do, and wouldn't be mad that we talked them into an expensive vacation they didn't like...

Turned out great for us however, as they are coming back with us again for their 4 th trip this year.

Just out of curiosity, where are y'all planning on heading off to with the money you're thinking of changing? I try to use mostly $JMD when I'm off resort.... But I have a few favorite places to spend them!

Jeff ( and Marybeth)
    Yes it is nerve wracking as we've talked up CSA so much to our friends that I'm afraid their stay won't meet the high expectations we've created for them!! That being said, we've all been friends going way back before college even and are very much alike. They are super laid back like us and just like to relax, have a good time and go with the flow.

Being that this is their 1st visit, we'll have to do the Rick's Cafe visit so they can check that out, then I think we'll walk next door to have dinner at LTU and for desert have a piece or two of Jenny's cake. We'll also spend a few afternoons walking down the beach and stopping at a few of our favorite places such as Tony's Hut (coldest Red Stripe on the beach), Aqua Negril (if it's open), Bourbon Beach (for jerk chicken) and stuff like that.

Our last trip we didn't exchange our money and it got to be a chore trying to do the conversions in my head. This time I figure it would just be easier to change it over to Jamaica and save myself a headache.

84 days and a wake-up!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Being that this is their 1st visit, we'll have to do the Rick's Cafe visit so they can check that out, then I think we'll walk next door to have dinner at LTU and for desert have a piece or two of Jenny's cake. We'll also spend a few afternoons walking down the beach and stopping at a few of our favorite places such as Tony's Hut (coldest Red Stripe on the beach), Aqua Negril (if it's open), Bourbon Beach (for jerk chicken) and stuff like that.
    I gotta say. That is one excellent plan. Every year I say I'm going to LTU for an afternoon, and every year I end up spending that afternoon somewhere else on the cliff's... or going to Ivan's for dinner one night. We normally plan for one day on the cliffs, and there is a lot to see and do there. I haven't been to Rick's since our first trip in 2006. LOL We LOVE Tony's by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Our last trip we didn't exchange our money and it got to be a chore trying to do the conversions in my head. This time I figure it would just be easier to change it over to Jamaica and save myself a headache.
    We started changing money for that very same reason.

I am a big fan of changing money in Jamaica now, as it does make life sooooo much easier when off the resort. I know this is counter to the advice that is regularly given out on this board, but I really am an enthusiastic advocate for changing your money.

I've had some long talks with a driver we've gotten to know pretty well, as well as some other local vendors.... and the commonly held belief that most tourist businesses in and around Negril would prefer to get $US is almost always not true. They don't mind getting $US so much, but if given the choice they prefer to be paid in $JMD. Large resorts and some tour companies are exceptions. Even Margaritaville has their menu in $JMD. I always find whatever it is that I'm buying is cheaper, and easier to buy with $JMD. Since CSA runs a pretty fair money exchange, I can't find any reason not to change $US to $JMD these days.

Plus its a lot of fun to roll down the beach or up in the cliffs with $10,000 in your pocket, buying $400 beers and tipping with $100 bills like you were a rock star.

Same with us, we were still on the fence on wether or not to go to CSA this fall. Booked our plane tickets yesterday.

We are also bringing friends who are first timers this year. I am familiar with all of the other places you mention, but what is LTU? We do love to go exploring off resort and are looking forward to experiencing everything for the first time again with our friends.

My fiance and i will be honeymooning at CSA from Dec 8-15th, 2013 after a week at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay-anyone else going to be there?

Ya mon getting closer to vacation!! Everyone should be getting excited soonecome vacation on di rock

will be on island on 8 dec staying down the beach for five nights before moving over to CSA on the 13th to the 22nd
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

We will be there Dec 11th-18th. So what I gain from above conversation, you can exchange US dollars to Jamaican at the resort?

We were thinking of doing One love bus and maybe hit dinner at the Cliffs, Rockhouse I believe it is called. As you can see, we are first timers.

83days....and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Driverlady View Post
    We are also bringing friends who are first timers this year. I am familiar with all of the other places you mention, but what is LTU? We do love to go exploring off resort and are looking forward to experiencing everything for the first time again with our friends.
    The LTU Pub and Grill is a nice little cliffside restaurant about 200 yards south Rick's Cafe. Good food, great location and not overrun with tourists like Rick's is.

I'd suggest you go to Trip Advisor and search for it. You'll see the reviews and pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Driverlady View Post
    LTU is I *think* just past Rick's on the cliff's. It is a pretty laid back but nice enough Bar/ Restaurant on the cliffs, that has a view comparable to Ricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post
    We will be there Dec 11th-18th. So what I gain from above conversation, you can exchange US dollars to Jamaican at the resort?
    83days....and counting
    Yep, That is right! And CSA normally has a very good exchange rate.

randi&sharri: Soon Come is right!! Just a few short 84 days and we will be seeing you guys at the swim up bar with a Miller Light in your hands I presume. LOL We are planning on a day trip to Floyd's if you guys are interested in joining us please fee free. We haven't picket the exact day yet but there are 4 couples going so far. If we need to get another bus I can make arrangements. Let me know.

Very excited to see everyone again.

Cheers

Ya mon soonecome lots of Porkchops ... We might be interested haven't put much thought into our off the resort travels as of yet! we went to blue hole and mayfield falls with some new friends last year... how many couples in your group?
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post

We were thinking of doing One love bus and maybe hit dinner at the Cliffs, Rockhouse I believe it is called. As you can see, we are first timers.

83days....and counting
    We will see you most of those days, honeymooning from Dec 8-15 ya mon

Quote Originally Posted by randi&sherri View Post
    Ya mon soonecome lots of Porkchops ... We might be interested haven't put much thought into our off the resort travels as of yet! we went to blue hole and mayfield falls with some new friends last year... how many couples in your group?
    Hey Randy&Sherri,

We have 4 couples this year. One of them are new to CSA as well as Jamaica all together. So I'm hoping they love it as much as we do.
    I have heard and looked into the Blue Hole some but I not sure if that's a must do yet. We enjoy Floyd's so much we have to go back since we didn't go during our 2011 trip.

How many in your group this year?

79 days

eweisz (Emily) - Welcome to the CSA December group. I've added you to our list. Sorry I haven't welcomed you before but It's been busy here. Congratulations on deciding to honeymoon at CSA. Y'all have picked a great time to come "home" to Jamaica. We've had the pleasure of meeting and making friends with almost everyone on the list that will be there during our stay. Hope we get to meet y'all too. We'll be in one of the PBFS- So stop on by and say hello. We're pretty easy to recognize - I'm the overweight, white guy who doesn't tan and Monica is the small lady with a fairly good tan ( It'll be a lot darker before we leave). We'll be glad to treat you to a drink or two.
    Tell us a little more about yourselves (what's your fiance's name) and ask the group any questions you may have about CSA in December or anything else CSA/Jamaica related. I guarantee that you'll get a quick and honest answer/opinion. One thing I always recommend for newcomers to CSA is to take the orientation tour as soon as you can. We didn't take it until our second visit (we got married there in 07) and missed out on a lot of really good tips and information.

CSA dec 2013 ver 5 wo_pics.xls

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon - 76 days and counting!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

we have four couples this year but not all traveling same time due to work family schedules etc...Most of them are earlier than we are and we overlap for like four days..All is good its already October eight week from this Sunday we will be on island!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast