Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: December 2013

Hello everyone!
    I am excited to say we will be taking our 3rd trip back to CSA Dec 13-20! Drinks our on us! lol Mike and Monica - we had the pleasure meeting you two last year at the end of our trip. We will be sure to say hello again this year. Typically we stay at the resort but was thinking of venturing out this year like many on this thread.
    CAN NOT WAIT!

Kelly & Adrian from New Jersey

Hello Kelly and Adrian, we will be there from the 14-22 with our friends Cory and Dick as well. Looking forward to seeing you there. 70 days until we catch our flight!

73 days until we are back at CSA. This will be our 3rd trip to CSA & our 2nd at Christmas. Can't wait to be on the beach or the swim up bar relaxing & de-stressing. Early this summer we had a pretty bad scare & for a while thought we might have to cancel our trip. I had a fall which resulted in a serious skull fracture & nearly a week in the ICU. Flying was completely out of the question at that time. Fortunately I am back at work now & have the doctor's permission to fly. So we are back to our countdown.

I hope to meet a lot of you from this thread during our stay, Dec 19-30.

Looking forward to our 2nd trip and hope to meet all of you. Our first trip, we never made it off the resort (except Cat cruise and snorkeling) and I would love to do this a few times this next trip.

Is anyone interested in the One Love Pub Crawl? We are at CSA 12/12 - 12/20 and saw a few couples dates overlapping. Also, we would like to have dinner on the Cliffs one night so if any repeaters have any recommendations for a nice place, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to join this thread; I guess I'm way more of a lurker than a poster. Or maybe it's harder to start posting when it's still so far away. In any event, my wife Stacy and I are heading for our third trip to CSA in December. We'll be there from December 15-22. We're actually starting the trip with two nights at CSS and then heading to CSA. (I know, two nights seems crazy, but we already had the CSA trip booked and when we tried to find flights, it just worked out that we needed to come two days earlier. We thought about many options and finally concluded that we'd never actually commit to a trip on the other side of the island given how much we love CSA, but we did want to at least sneak a peak, so two days it is.)

Anyway, we're both in our 40's and are generally fairly active, though we never seem to make it across the street nearly as much as we intend to before sand gravity kicks in. We're both certified divers, so we'll be doing some of that, me more than her probably. Other than that, I play racquetball, so if there is anyone else coming at that time who plays, let me know. I've always wanted to try those courts just to say I've done it, but again, gravity pushes the other direction pretty hard.

Finally, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread (and the Board overall). Just because I'm not posting regularly doesn't mean that I'm not on here every day looking for updates. It's stupidly addicting -- and when you have trips two years apart, it's all the harder. I had this trip booked back in April 2013 -- so it's been a whole lot of reading and waiting. But now we're almost to the 60-day mark, so it's starting to seem pretty real. Can't wait to be home again! -- Rick & Stacy, Orange County, California

Quote Originally Posted by eweisz View Post
    We will see you most of those days, honeymooning from Dec 8-15 ya mon
    How exciting for you- getting married and honeymooning in Jamaica. We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary....gosh has the time gone by fast. We usually hang at the beach in the morning then switch to pool bar atmosphere early afternoon. Hope to meet up an buy you a drink or three...

Rick & Stacy - Welcome to the thread, I've added y'all to the list. Have a dive or two for me. Unfortunately I had to stop diving a year or so ago and really miss it. Stop by and we'll treat y'all to a post dive drink or two.

Kelly & Stacy - Looking forward to that drink. I made a white russian for Monica last night and I always add a little rum cream to it just for her. It was the last we had so it's definitely time to head back "home".

Maggie - so glad to hear you are OK - Look for us in the Aura Lounge on the 19th - we always try to have one last night with Ultimate before we leave.

Jeff & MaryBeth - almost that time again. Hard to believe that it's been six years since we met y'all on our first trip. I really enjoyed catching up with you during my trip to Richmond.

Angela & AB Terry - Hope you find Torch - We really enjoyed his company even though he was a little hard to control. Maybe he just needs a good leash. Anyway, we know that the two of you will do your best to have cold towels and champagne waiting for the rest of us when we arrive. Thanks for passing the"Torch" to the rest of the December crowd.

Tammy & Mike - Drinks are on us - See you soon.

Randi & Sherri - Don't forget the hat - see you at the pool bar.

63 Days and counting!!!!

CSA dec 2013 ver 6 wo_pics.xls

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ricci9 View Post
    Is anyone interested in the One Love Pub Crawl? We are at CSA 12/12 - 12/20 and saw a few couples dates overlapping.

Possibly!! Let's check in with each other while we are there! We often head up to the cliffs for an afternoon on our own without an organized tour, but the One Love Pub Crawl is a pretty fun thing to do.

Also, we would like to have dinner on the Cliffs one night so if any repeaters have any recommendations for a nice place, please let me know. Thanks!

We go to Ivan's for a very nice anniversary dinner every year. 3 Dives for more laid back (wayyy laid back) experience. I have heard good things about Pushcart and LTU. We avoid Rick's. Lot's of other good places places to consider also. Ideally what would you like the most?

Jeff (& Marybeth)

Quote Originally Posted by zorbarick View Post
    We thought about many options and finally concluded that we'd never actually commit to a trip on the other side of the island given how much we love CSA, but we did want to at least sneak a peak, so two days it is.)
    We went to CTI just after it reopened and at the time I was worried that it would compare unfavorably with Negril. Though it is quite different than Negril (and CSA) we were pleasantly surprised by both CTI and Ochos Rios. We still prefer CSA and Negril, but we really enjoyed our time in Ochos Rios. We would not hesitate to go back to that part of the island. Have fun at CSS!

We're there the same dates as you. May have to take you up on the racquetball, though I have not played in years. Loser buys the drinks.

Jeff (& Marybeth)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    May have to take you up on the racquetball, though I have not played in years. Loser buys the drinks.

Jeff (& Marybeth)
    If we connect and manage to play, I'll agree to buy the drinks, win or lose. On the other hand, if we just start with the drinks . . . . (See, this is why I've never made it to the courts.)

Anyway, thanks for the pep talk about CSS. I'm sure we'll compare it to the Negril side, but I really wanted to see it, and I'm glad that's how we're spending our two extra days -- though I'm sure I won't be thrilled about repacking and moving so soon arter arriving!

I just made the final payment for Dec 19-29. 69 days to go. I recently opened our last bottle of rum cream (I forgot how good it is). Brings back good memories of Couples. I hid it in the back of the cabinet, so it wouldn't disapear.

MikeMonica - We will plan to look you up at the Piano Bar the evening of Dec 19.

59 Days to go. Made our final payment for Dec 14-22! It feels so good. Still debating on buying Club Mobay tickets for arrival. We will on departure for sure. Might as well sit in comfy seats and have drinks and food as we would normally spend at least that eating elsewhere.. We arrive at 12:30 on Saturday afternoon. If anyone has arrived during this time please help me out. We have never got it on a Saturday before and I have been reading good and bad (mostly bad ) comments on the lines through imigrations and customs. I'm already fighting the urge to start packing. My husband would kill me if I did. He already thinks I'm crazy enough when it comes to all of this stuff. But I know on here I can express myself and the excitement without being told i'm nuts because if your on here most of you are the same as me. Filled with excitement of returning. "Once you go, you know" is and understatement if you ask me. I can't wait to see old friends and meet many more new ones. You will normally find me at the swim up bar if i'm not diving. Stop and say Hi and I'll buy you a drink. Bob's all around!!
    Soon come my friends!

MikeMonica the hat is ready to go!!! LOL soonecome porkchops at the poolbar....
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, the pub crawl looks fun so we will definitely do that. Hope to return to Negril regularly so we can save day trips for future visits. I think we will go to Ivan's. I love laid back places but like one "nice" dinner out too. Looking foward to meeting you all!

Jenna

We booked Couples Barbados in March. Even with all the negative reviews, we felt confident in our choice. What a surprise we got yesterday! I called Couples this morning (Saturday) and after a very short wait, spoke with Andrea. She quickly and easily changed our reservation to Swept Away. Within an hour, I received an email confirmation. After processing the last 24 hours, I feel like it is a blessing in disguise. We love Swept Away! Now we need some information on the New Year's Eve celebration!

Chris and Vanessa
    December 28-January 2

ya mon the cooler air means its time to go south soonecome!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

We will be at CSS Dec 12-21 (third trip to Jamaica - first to CSS). We would love to get information about the One Love Pub Crawl.

58 and a wakeup! CSA here we come! Thinking of starting to pack already, getting so anxious!!!

62 Sleeps until Paradise...

Had to scrape ice off my windshield this morning......

44 days and a wake-up.....soon come, ya mon.

I totally agree with you randi&sherri, the cooler temps this week made my suitcases speak to me. My husband helped me bring the suitcases upstairs and the packing will begin this week. I hope to get my first pack done in a week or so before our traveling newbies come for a visit and a chat about our trip. I want them to be able to see what and how I packed so they can avoid the newbie mistakes we all make. We are now down to 50 days and I hope I can keep busy with Halloween and Thanksgiving to make the time go by quickly.

Just booked our flights for our trip (we procrastinated a bit ) last night. 58 days until we are home (for the first time)!!!! Starting to get butterflies when I think about it.

39 Sleeps and we'll be at our Home away from Home. Bring on the Red Stripes and Hummingbirds...YA MON!

Thank you for the reply!

I think we will go to Ivan's. I love laid back places but like one "nice" dinner out too. Looking foward to meeting you all!

Jenna

You may already know this but Ivan's will pick you up for free You will have to pay for the trip back though, but it's not expensive. Be sure to settle what the cost will be before you get in the van. We usually negotiate our return trip on the way out. We do tip both ways.

Go hungry, and go early so that you will be there with a drink in hand for sunset. That's about 6:30 PM in December. It's tough to go hungry from an all inclusive, but its worth it. Ivan's has BIG portions and it is very good. Ivan's is pretty special.

Hello Mike & Monica!
    We have changed our dates from Dec 13- 20 to Dec 6 -13! A week earlier and now we will get to be at a fellow CSA friends wedding! Very excited!
    Kelly & Adrian from New Jersey

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast