Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: December 2013

We are booked for Dec 11-18th 2013

Melissa (Ironbutterfly) - I've added you to the list.
    Welcome to the group and tell us a little bit about yourselves. If you have any questions about anything, just ask. Our group has a wealth of knowledge that is specific to CSA in December. Just about guaranteed that someone on our list has the answer you need regardless if it's about off-site excursions, departure times, best restaurant (they are all great) etc... Looking forward to seeing you in December.

224 days and counting!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Hello-

We are Bob and Missy(from Michigan) and this will be our first time to CSA. We will be there 12/11-12/18/2013 to celebrate our 30th. Husband is retired and I am an Analyst. We have two grown children and 2 grand-children.

Could you please add us to the December time-frame on the list? Please and thank you.

MikeMonica:

First- thank you for adding us to the list...

OMG yes, I was impressed with the wealth of knowledge here, someone should write a book about CR and call it "Everything you wanted to know about Couples Resort but were afraid to ask"...Ha ha...

We picked December hoping it will be bit cooler then the "hot season"....plus being from Michigan, a break from the ice and snow. We enjoy both the beach and the swim-up bars...met people all over at those swim ups. Met a family from Canada and spoke in French and English and it was fun trying to remember my French from High school, alas when I didn't know what they saying, I simply said Qui Qui... Looking forward to checking out the night life at the resort. At our age (early 50's) we can't burn the midnight oil the whole 7 days, but we sure can knock out a couple of nights. When we went to Mexico that was lacking somewhat...but that was a family resort so mix of people and entertainment. I love the fact that this is adults only. I see where the beach here is easy on the feet...the beach in Mexico had bit of rip tide at times and beach was rocky walking into it.

Would like to do the love bug bar crawl...sounds like fun....whole lot of people packed into a 14 eater bus...Should do a reality show on that...How many people can fit on the love bug bar crawl?. Also would like to check out that restaurant on the cliffs...I think Rock-house....

Do folks use the transportation from the airport that Hotel supplies or do you grab private transportation, cab, etc. I have read pro's and con's to both...does it save much time? If you take private trans, they will stop along the way if you need a break, etc.

Is the spa worth doing? Do you pay the spa people or does that go on the hold they put on your cc?

We booked the ocean view room and asked for a high floor...I just can't wait to take in the beauty of the entire resort.

Guess that's it for now, I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on.....until we leave for CSA. Woot woot.

We are Stan and Valora Palmer, we will be at CSA Dec 7-14. This is our second time to Jamaica but first time to a Couples Resort. We would love to be added to the list. Also I have a quick question. In January we arrived on a Saturday and were through immigration and customs in less than 10 minutes. Is it that quick in December or should we purchase Club Mobay passes, any thoughts?

Here are some answers :

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post

Do folks use the transportation from the airport that Hotel supplies or do you grab private transportation, cab, etc. I have read pro's and con's to both...does it save much time? If you take private trans, they will stop along the way if you need a break, etc.
    Almost everyone uses the resort provided transportation unless they take Tim Air or Airlink flights. If you are staying on the ground, just go to the lounge.

The resort provided drivers will normally stop if asked, and some will even ask if you want to stop. Just be prepared that it may be the case that someone else on the bus will be dead set against stopping as they want to be at the resort ASAP. Personally, I always cast my vote for a stop.

Is the spa worth doing? Do you pay the spa people or does that go on the hold they put on your cc?
    I am a guy who steadfastly refused to even get massages until my honeymoon at CSA. I now get an hour massage (with my beautiful wife), get my haircut, get a shave, get a manicure, and get a pedicure every single year at the spa. DID I MENTION I AM A GUY! This should tell you a little something about the Spa.

You can pay by CC, put it on your room, or use resort credits if you have them. No problem mon. Just make a reservation.

We booked the ocean view room and asked for a high floor...I just can't wait to take in the beauty of the entire resort.

Guess that's it for now, I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on.....until we leave for CSA. Woot woot.
    Woot Woot is right!!! We'll be here (and there ) to answer your questions!!

Thank you Spiff542-

Well...you just sold me on the Spa...and just for that tip, I will buy you a drink LOL...we don't really care one way or the other about stopping on the way. Break would be nice but on the other hand, yes want to get to the resort..I did check on Tim Air...but that little ole puddle jumper would give me a heart attack...

Someone mentioned sand fleas? What is the best bug spray to bring to thwart off those little buggers?

Oh someone asked about how crowded it will be at airport on arrival, is December a busy month? We arrive on a Wed and leave on a Wed...we were told that is best for flying vs. week-end....hope that is true....

Well...you just sold me on the Spa...and just for that tip, I will buy you a drink LOL...
    DEAL!!!

I did check on Tim Air...but that little ole puddle jumper would give me a heart attack...
    You would think so... We certainly did. We were very surprised at how "unscary" it really was. Certainly beautiful views though. Keep in mind you will have to pay for your cab from the Negril airport to the resort. You will have to negotiate the fare which is something first timers tend to balk at. Here is a hint: $10 bucks is overpaying. Do not be surprised at anything your driver offers to sell you. 'Nuff said.

Someone mentioned sand fleas? What is the best bug spray to bring to thwart off those little buggers?
    Anything with DEET. The more the better. Now having said that, there are three things worth mentioning....

1. I'm not sure bug spray has anything to do with it.
    2. AVOIDANCE is the best course of action. Stay off the sand at daybreak and dusk. (Of course, we ALL risk it to watch the sunsets!)
    3. LUCK is a factor. Not as many people get bit as the message board makes out. Of course this means nothing if you are the one getting bit.

Personally we bring the cure instead of the preventative, because I'm convinced the bug spray has no effect. I have found Lanacane to be particularly effective in stopping the itch.

Oh someone asked about how crowded it will be at airport on arrival, is December a busy month? We arrive on a Wed and leave on a Wed...we were told that is best for flying vs. week-end....hope that is true

Probably be smooth as silk for you. In December the numbers start to ramp up, but you should be fine on a Wednesday.

Tips to get through faster.

1. Bring a pen an COMPLETELY fill out the forms they give on the plane. Everything else falls apart if you fail to complete this step. If you like waiting, then go ahead and screw this step up.
    2. Get off the plane and haul ass to the immigration area. Just don't be jerk about it. Have your crap together and ready to go when you deplane.
    3. Do not stop to use the potty. A potty stop could cost you about 20 Minutes or more waiting in the immigration line. The key is to get in line ahead of as many people as possible.

If all else fails..... be patient. It's probably going to be shorter than you think anyway. You're gonna get through, its just a matter of time.

Default December, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMonica View Post
    Finally!!!!!
    Here's the first list for our group. Sorry it took so long but things have been crazy here.

I'd like to welcome everyone to the group and apologize if I have names, dates, anniversaries, numbers of trips or anything else wrong. Just let me know what changes I need to make and I'll make sure I get it right on the next list.

Attachment 20143

If you would like the list sent directly to your home email account, just send a note to wingnrain@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you automatically.

In the meantime, tell us a little about yourselves:

We are Mike and Monica from Troy Alabama. Monica's the gymnast and I'm retired military. We were married at CSA in 2007 and return for our anniversary every year. I'm also the CSA message board addict who puts together the Excel spread sheet that lists information about anyone who will be at CSA in December. While we are at CSA, you will normally find Monica on the beach or on a floatie soaking up some sun and having one of their great vodka drinks. I'll be in the shade reading a book/kindle/ipad and having one of their numerous rum drinks. At night, we watch the scheduled entertainment and then head towards the Aura Lounge for an evenning with Ultimate Chocolate.

So far, it looks like we know almost everyone that will be there during our stay. It's going to be a great December and we are both looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Jeff - the Red Dragon sounds great - Count me in!!!!

237 days and counting!!!!!
    Hello Mike n Monica,

Thank you for putting the spreadsheet together, great idea! I am excited to say that we will be returning for our 2nd trip to CSA Dec. 12-20 2013. Our first trip was May '11 and I fell in love. Jenna and Marc from Englewood, CO, in our mid-thirties and love the beach, spa, tennis lessons, etc., as well as Ultimate Chocolate. I, Jenna, am the one that visits the boards here. Spent a lot of lurking prior to our last trip.

Aside from the sunset cruise and snorkeling, we never left the resort the first visit, so we are considering excursions like the Pelican Bar, Luminious Lagoon or Mayfield Falls. Would be interested in tagging along with a fun group and looking forward to meeting everyone that is there when we are!

Quick question - I know weather is unpredictable but wondered how December compares to May on average. When we were there in May it was very hot and not one single drop of rain in 9 days, oddly. I was looking forward to the 20 min. rainstorms I read about but didn't get any, not that I am complaining. Marc does not enjoy the humidity as much as I do so I was curious if Dec. will still be warm enough to swim comfortably but not crazy humid.

Thanks all, December soon come

Spiff542-

Again, wealth of advice <nods with a smile and a wink>.

We'll skip the plane and do the resort transport or perhaps a private ride. Noted, to bring pen, have papers completed and crap together before we disembark - note to self trip people to get in line first (ha ha just kidding).

Deet and Lanacane check. Am wondering for beach party, if it's held in evening, then you would subject yourself to getting bit? I wonder if I should wear my high leather boots to the beach? Ha ha...

Instead of one drink, I've now upped it to two dear Sir. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Mike & Monica
    We (Gary & Margaret) will be there Dec 19-29 this year. Would love it if you could add us to your spreadsheet. It will be 2 years since we were at CSA last (Dec 2011) 223 days to go. Your spreadsheet was great that year & the pictures really helped.

208 days till we are home!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Hi Mike & Monica,

Sorry we were not able to meet in Dec 2012 to help you celebrate your anniversary and vice versa. Sand gravity took over and it also turned my brain to mush. We had a wonderful anniversary vacation and Ludwig and I (Anna) fell in love with CSA.

We will be back *home* 12/15/2013 - 12/22/2013 and we also booked for 2014 already (12/15/2014 - 12/22/2014). My husband never gets overly excited about anything and this is the one place that he was adamant that he wanted to return to visit on our next land-based vacation so here we are again.

Sounds like a festive group will be headed to CSA in December. Hopefully we can meet this time around.

Anna
    Baker (Panhandle), FL

Hi everyone!!

We are first-timers heading to CSA 12/19-12/26. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cait and Ash

ya mon halfway through the year! soonecome the sight of all our Dec friends on Island
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Adding to the list another great visit soonecome!!

Andrea & Cory Dec 8 to 15th 2nd time at CSA
    Gary & Diane Riessler 6th trip to CSA 8 to 16 Dec
    Rick & Jill Burton Dec 8 to 16 Dec 2nd trip to CSA
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Dec 8-15

CTI 2011
    CTI/CSS 2012
    CB 2013
    CSA 2013

Gary & Jenn December 8-15

CTI 2011
    CTI/CSS 2012
    CB 2013
    CSA 2013

Mike & Monica,

It seems that me and my group has been removed from the spreadsheet.

Derek & Kyle- Dec-14-22
    Keith & Jen- Dec- 14-22
    Neil & Freida- Dec- 13-21
    Paul & Lynn- Dec-14-26

We have an idea that we'd would like to run by all the repeaters out there. How about doing some kind of "Ugly Shirt" contest during the week or even at the repeaters dinner? We have been talking and thought we should run it by everyone for something fun to do and get everyone involved. I think it would be a lot of fun and a great way to make new friends. (not that I have ever had any trouble making friends at CSA or anywhere for that matter)

If anyone is interested please let me know on here or email me at kyleg@dom-ex.com. I'll see what kind of interest I get and let everyone know. If it's a go.

Only 177 short days till we are back home. 4th time at CSA. YA Mon

Gary & Jenn, Cait & Ash, Anna & Ludwig, Gary & Margaret, Stan & Valora,
    Welcome (Welcome back) to the December Group.

I've updated the spreadsheet and hopefully have everyone on it. Let me know if there are any corrections to be made.

Things here have been a little busy lately. Our 3 year old rottweiler, Maya, had puppies on the 3rd of May. Her first (and last) litter. We bred her at the recommendation of our vet and will have her spayed in October. She had 8 puppies. 4 male and 4 female. We were unable to get two of the males to breathe when they were born and the third male died the next day. We now have 1 male, and 4 very healthy, seven week old puppies. The smallest is 9 1/2 lbs and the largest is 14 lbs. I've been on puppy/poopie duty ever since they were born. Needless to say, I haven't had a lot of time to update the list. However, I am very proficient at cleaning up piddle puddles and piles of puppy poop. We are going to keep the male and a female for ourselves and will make sure that the rest will be placed only in very loving homes. This will bring our menagerie up to 3 rottweilers, two toy poodles, 3 cats (outdoor), 19 ducks (in our pond), and Monica's finches. As you've guessed Monica and I love animals.

I'll try to get the next list out quicker next time (if the puppies don't eat my computer cables again).

174 days and counting!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Thanks for the updated spreadsheet. you can change my dates to : Sat 12/14 to Mon 12/23 (Tammie & Mike from St. Louis)
    and Cynthia and Matt (from Detroit) under us are Mon 12/16 to Fri 12/20

Thanks!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

David & Stephenie Nov 28th-Dec 8th from Wisconsin
    3rd visit to CSA!!!
    Last edited by sgerard828; June 27th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

156 more days!!!

My husband and I will be at CSA Nov 29th -Dec 7th. This will be our first trip to a Couples Resort. Looking forward to vacation. Thanks for all the info.

Default Fourth Trip Home!

Hello fellow December CSA-aholics! Barb and I will be returning to CSA for our 4th trip home Nov. 30th - Dec. 8th. I can't wait to celebrate my birthday on the 3rd! We're bringing another couple with us for their first taste of CSA Paradise. All I can say is "December soon come Mon! Steve
    Name:  IMG_0881.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  144.8 KB

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast