Default Are you feeling down after returning home from couples?

Hi all I am feeling very down at the moment after experiencing such a high whilst at Couples Sans Souci and Couples Tower Isle in October 2011, and I was wondering if other people have experienced the same, we managed to visit couples twice this year but still feel it is not been enough, Maybe I am addicted seeing our extended family and missing them already

any reply's appreciated

I feel the same way! We just got back from CTI on Oct 27th (wedding/honeymoon), it was our first time doing a tropical and all inclusive. Now I think we're addicted! Hubby keeps looking at the couples site now trying to plan our next trip! Everyone was so nice there and we met so many new friends (staff and guests).

You kidding me?? You should have seen my face as I got off the plane when we returned to miserable usptate NY, lolol.......I was practically in tears. There was no champagne waiting for me, no one welcoming me home, no warm breezes, no smell of suntan lotion or something delicious cooking, no smiles from staff, and no one carried our luggage, but us.

Um, yea thats a normal feeling...........April can't come soon enough for me!
    Back to Couples April 2012

We have been back for 6 months with no trip in sight. I know how you feel!

I just keep looking forward to our next trip! We were at CSA in May and we head back in 5 weeks for our 13th visit it seems like forever. However it always puts a smile on my face knowing soonecome the smiling faces of our frineds and beautiful beaches. Just book another stay and let the countdown make you smile
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Don't feel lonely. We all feel the same as you. I still get teary when we have to get on the damn bus to go back to the airport... (after many trips home) So yes, we're quite down after a stay @ our happy place. The only redeeming factor? We usually have our next trip home planned and in the chute. xoxoxo Razzl (21 days & counting)

Default It's inevitable!

My husband and I ALWAYS feel that way....we are heading back for our 6th time to Jamaica, 5th time to CN...it's terrible, but I am dreading already having to come home and we haven't even left yet! HA! I have had a countdown since we were about 300 days out! We now have 22 days till we land in Montego Bay! I can smell the air and hear the sounds of the people already!

But yes, unfortunately, it only gets worse the more you go! Everyone always asks why we go back to the same resort all the time and our answer is always: you will never understand untilyou experience it for yourself!

Good luck recooping....just book your next trip already...that's what we do!

You are definitely not the only one! After our visit to CSA last year I was depressed for a couple of months. We are booked already for the end of next year and can't wait!

So we are normal.

Book your next trip and start the count down! That should make you feel a likkle better!

That's our feelings exactly! We spent 8 days at CN in Oct and now that's all we think about. We loved CN it was a wonder beautiful place. We to have already book our 2012 vacation in CSS for next Oct.
    This was also our first time to go anywere tropical but we came home addicted. I guess all we can do now is use this message board as a support group until we can go home to couples.

Hubby has to drag me out of the pool or off the beach to get ready for the "good-bye bus" to the airport every trip .... I cry all the way to the airport .... If I didn't have my 2 cat boys waiting for me at home, I don't think he could get me on that darned "good-bye bus" ... I HATE THAT THING. Back home at CN in 46 days ....... WOO HOO!!!!
    Julie

I can only imagine - we're going on our honeymoon to CN in about 85 days (holy crap when did that happen!?); but I've been in tears at the end of every all inclusive vacation we've had, as we board the shuttle to the airport. I can only imagine how much worse it will be at the end of our honeymoon =/

I think they put a potion in the water at Couples resorts that causes you to desperately want to return. 2 trips to Couples this year ( CTI and CSA), and September, 2012 already booked ( CSS), but trying to figure out how to do CN also in the next year ( before September).

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Cod Sue View Post
    Book your next trip and start the count down! That should make you feel a likkle better!
    BRILLIANT! That's just what we need! We just left CTI last weekend... and we are MORE than ready to go back!! Thanks Cape Cod Sue!

Quote Originally Posted by CountryCouple View Post
    That's our feelings exactly! We spent 8 days at CN in Oct and now that's all we think about. We loved CN it was a wonder beautiful place. We to have already book our 2012 vacation in CSS for next Oct.
    This was also our first time to go anywere tropical but we came home addicted. I guess all we can do now is use this message board as a support group until we can go home to couples.
    When in October 2012 will you be at CSS? We will be there the 13th-20th next Oct!

Oh you don't need to be depressed at all! Just plan the next trip, save up the money and remember- You get to go back!

I cry everytime I leave CTI and that's 10 times now. What we have done the last couple of years is book our trip for the following year before we leave, so I'll know when I'll be back. It's still very depressing but I keep looking at my count down clock on my computer (7 months, 19 days)
    Dianavr

I was starting to feel depress on our last day, as we were sitting in the chairs at CTI looking out at the ocean, and watching another load of happy couples motoring out to the Isle...

I even asked the bus driver to turn back at one point (sort of in jest) on the ride to the airport...

Sadly, while I can start a countdown for our next trip, I can't book it for another 5-6 months yet, as we're now planning to go back to CTI for our 15th wedding anniversary!

Jason
    CTI (again! ) in
    18 months (about)

Yep, I totally feel that way. I usually cry the morning we have to leave. I post a trip report on the MB when I get back and then don't even go onto the MB until its time to book our next trip. Funny...after our last trip I managed to book within weeks and in the same year. CN in June 2011 and CSS in March 2012...that is a record for us!!!!

The magic of Couples is mysterious indeed.

One thought to cushion the blow...if you can afford it, have a limo pick you up and take you home from the airport upon your return flight. Something to look forward to and they should have champagne waiting.