Thread: CSA Review

Default CSA Review

My husband and I went to Couples Swept Away for 6 days and 5 nights. We were attending a friend's wedding at Sandals Negril but decided to stay at Couples Swept Away because it was less expensive and we had visited before and loved it. Anyway, for this trip I would give it a 4 out of 5. I loved almost everything about it but it was not quite perfect, thus the 4 out of 5.

To start at the beginning, we had an absolute seamless arrival. Direct flight from Atlanta on Delta that pushed back from the gate a few minutes late but arrived on time with an outstanding flight crew. When we arrived there was almost no other travelers in the customs line so we breezed through, picked up our luggage and headed straight for the Couples lounge. When we arrived we only had time to check in, use the restroom and grab one drink before they were calling for us to go to the bus. No wait at all. Our drive to Negril was fun and informative with a great driver who gave us all kinds of information about the towns and the culture.

We arrived at Swept Away and were greeted by smiling staff members with cool lavendar scented towels and chilled champagne. We registered for Romance Rewards (the couples repeater program) a few weeks ahead of time so the front desk staff had all of our information already and I only had to give them a credit card for incidentals.

We were in a beachfront verandah room on the second floor that was beautiful. Our view was gorgeous, just open the verandah doors and voila - beautiful sand, water and a view of the setting sun in the evening. The grounds at swept away were gorgeous and beautifully maintained. The grounds staff really works hard to keep the gardens and the beach immaculate.

The food was great. I wish there had been more variety at the breakfast buffet. It was basically the same offerings each morning and some of my favorites from previous visits were missing (grilled tomatoes, chocolate croissants), so that was a little disappointing. Dinner was delicious each night - the first night was the shipwreck party (originally planned as beach party but moved inside) which was a delicious buffet. We had dinner at Lemongrass that was phenomenal - if they have the chile chocolate square for dessert you must try it!! Our last dinner was at Feathers - amazing dinner there also.

The service was great as usual, everyone in the restaurants, bar, sports complex, spa was helpful and smiling. The only area I was disappointed in was the entertainment. On previous visits the entertainment staff was very lively, active and visible throughout the day. They would walk through the restaurant during breakfast and greet people, sometimes sitting down to eat if guests seemed interested. Then you would see them all during the day, encouraging people to play volleyball or soccer, thinking up new cocktails with the bartenders, or even challenging guests to a game of Uno or Monopoly. During this trip, we did not see the entertainment staff at all during the day which was disappointing. They were more visible at night but still not as active as I think they should have been. I never saw any of them in the piano bar during the sing a long which is a great place to get things going. Even during the manager's cocktail reception on Halloween, the entertainment staff was there dressed in costumes but hung out with each other and didn't circulate to talk to guests at all. This is an area for improvement that I definitely think Couples should evaluate.

So, to sum it up, great trip, entertainment staff needs to step up their game a bit to get Couples to 5 out of 5 status.

glad to hear you had another great trip! The entertainment crew has lost a few people over the last month or two and unfortunatley seems like it is having its effect!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I wonder if you could tell me why they moved the Shipwreck party inside. Is the beach still too narrow to hold it or was it the weather. We arrive there in 17 more sleeps.
    Grizz

The beach was still too narrow to hold the party. The water calmed down quite a bit while we were there and they were dutifully grooming it so maybe it will be better by the time you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I wonder if you could tell me why they moved the Shipwreck party inside. Is the beach still too narrow to hold it or was it the weather. We arrive there in 17 more sleeps.
    Grizz

The beach took a beating in the second half of October, particularly during the week of October 15. The tropical storm between the Yucatan and Jamaica stayed far too long! But, the ocean giveth and the ocean taketh away. Beach soon come... hopefully before our next reach in late May, 2012.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

My husband and i spend our honeymoon there, we were there for 7 nights and the best part of our trip was the entertainment group. Skippy did our tour and we met marleen nick an akeem at the halloween managers party. We met ricardo at the door he's the head of the resort. we then went to the buffet for the custume and pumkin competition the the crew danced with us all until we went to the night club. we had a great time and cant wait to go back and see them.

Was the beach at CN affected by the storm, or just CSA? We couldn't believe how the tropical storm of 2010 affected the beach at CSA.

Chris, Just exactly how much of a hit did the beach take?? Anyone have any up to date pics?