Default airlines changing flights!

After Spirit Air changed our dates for our December trip to CSA, we were able to get reimbursed and rebooked with AA for our flight to MBJ and our return with Jet Blue on the 18th. Lucky to get a late flight out of MBJ to Orlando on the 18th at 4:30 pm was wonderful! Today I get a email from Jet Blue that my flight time has been changed to an earlier flight time around 10:40 am. Sad that we won't be able to enjoy our final lunch on the beach, I guess I should be glad they didn't change my dates THIS time! Why is it these airlines think they can mess with our vacation plans whenever they please! Whatever happened to the times when you could book a flight months ahead and it remained that way! I hope it doesn't change again!
    62 days soon come, but not soon enough!

I feel your pain (read my post"99 days and flight changed again") and agree it sure seems ridiculous how they run their business!! It's not just one airline either, it's most of them! I couldn't imagine running a business that way. There has to be a reason for it but I don't get it. Just get us there then they can change, cancel or do whatever they want!!!

I agree! We booked Jet Blue going and coming. We were getting in late, but I was thinking the 4:30 return would make it equal out, but then I got the same e-mail . This happened before to us and we had to leave CSA while it was still dark outside.

A few years back, we booked our 3rd trip to CTI with direct flights out of CVG. First thing they did was drop the direct outgoing. Times kept going back and forth and at one time they had us on a late flight even though there were earlier flights. At that point, Michael called Delta and complained and we were able to get back on the first flight, although still no direct flights. Then they dropped the direct return flight. In all between booking and departure, they changed our flights and/or times 29 times. It's crazy, especially considering that if YOU want to change a flight, you have to pay mucho $$ to do so. Friends last year wanted to extend their trip at CTI. The resort gave them a good deal, but the airline was going to charge the couple almost $1000 to take the same flight 3 days later.
    Vicky

After reading this I just checked our flights for our honeymoon at the end of Jan, and Spirit has already changed ours too, only by 5-10 minutes so far, but they haven't notified us at all. I guess we'll have to be diligent about checking until we leave.

Yep...US Air did it to us this time. They cancelled the CLT - MBJ leg of our flight down and TOOK AWAY FOUR HOURS OF BEACH TIME from us in the process!! We were able to cancel for no charge and booked with Air Trans. We still lose a couple hours of our beach time but leave home a little later. I just hope the immigration line isn't a nightmare at 12:30 PM on a Saturday when it should have been 10:30 AM. If it's bad, I'll blame US Air and then put it behind me as soon as I get to the Couples lounge...lol.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    Yep...US Air did it to us this time. They cancelled the CLT - MBJ leg of our flight down and TOOK AWAY FOUR HOURS OF BEACH TIME from us in the process!! We were able to cancel for no charge and booked with Air Trans. We still lose a couple hours of our beach time but leave home a little later. I just hope the immigration line isn't a nightmare at 12:30 PM on a Saturday when it should have been 10:30 AM. If it's bad, I'll blame US Air and then put it behind me as soon as I get to the Couples lounge...lol.
    This is not good, that is the same flight my wife and I use for our trip in February. Means we are up and at the airport at 4am and the only reason we take that flight is for the extended amount of beach time. Hope ours is not canceled.

Same thing here!! We now have a 40 minute layover on the way down it was 30, Also our time changed to leave. I was hoping to spend the morning on the beach now it will be at the airport. Delta is killing me!!

In April of this year I booked our flights for Feb 2012. I checked them last week and without even telling me the switched my departure from Sat AM to Friday PM. Seems my flight was moved to a later time and my connecting flight to an earlier time. They moved me so I could still get to my connecting flight. Now I have about a 12 hour layover over night. The good news is I get into MBJ about an hour earlier than originally planned.

We flew Spirit this summer. They did a security check at the gate for all 180 of us for no reason. Put us 1 hour behind. Almost missed the connection in ft lauderdale after we ran with shoes n hand to our next gate. They were leaving on time even thugh it was totally on them that we were late

US Air cancelled our early flight (5:30 am) out of KC to Charlotte so we can't make the connection to MBJ so they put us on the later flight arriving at 2:30 pm instead of 12:30 pm without even sending an e-mail or anything .... I just happened to check on the flight .... cost us 2 hours meaning that there is NO WAY we will be at CN in time to get ready for the Repeaters cocktail party & dinner ..... We could probably make the dinner but it would require rushing like mad after a full travel day & that's NO FUN. What gripes me is that we paid $200 more for US Air over Delta because of the flight time going & now it doesn't matter ..... .
    Julie

I just received a notice from our travel agency that USAIR also canceled our original flights that left Memphis at 6:00 am and got to MBJ at 11:30 on May 19th. We now leave MEM at 7:30 and get to MBJ at 1:29. Add the van ride and we will not get to the resort until 4:00 or after. I had hoped to be on the beach having a cold one by 3:00PM. For May of 2011 we booked on Delta because they had a direct flight from MEM to MBJ and they also cancelled that one and we had to go through Atlanta. They sure make it hard to plan.

I dont think there are any advantages of booking early anymore! For all future travel I will start looking for flights 30 days from my departure date and even then there are no guarantees. If anyone works for an airline or just knows why they do this time after time I would really like to hear the reason. Seems theres nothing you can do about it but it sure is crazy! 73 days to go and we only had to cancel and change our flights twice so far! lol

Nowa,
    I understand you reasoning, but I just looked at the prices for our Dec trip this year and if I wanted to change for a later flight leaving MBJ to Orlando, it woyld cost over $1000.00 for 2! I only paid $250 for 2, 5 months ago! So with said the airlines have by the you know what's!

with all the airline mergers the thing that has been lost has been customer service. flights changed without notice, canceled and the consumer has to sort it out. i believe it is time consumers rights need to mean more to these companies.

we are no better than cargo and our flying experience has totally degraded with all the security measures and then you get nickled and dimed for everything.

just look at last weekend with the diverted flights and sitting for hours in your plane on the ground.

there has to be some reform.

Randy

it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

We just got an email that Continental changed our flight. We ended up with a 17 hour layover. They would not pay for a room but they would change us to US Air and then refuse to pay for our baggage that we now have to pay for and we don't have seats. We booked 8 months in advance. Must be nice to just do what you want.
    Last edited by Samantha; November 5th, 2011 at 02:43 PM.

How about Spirit charging for checked and over head carry-ons!? Ridiculous!