Default Appletons Rum Tour

I am heading back to CN in March and am interested in doing the Appletons Rum Tour.

I would appreciate comments from anyone who has done this tour before. What is the cost of the tour?

Thanks,

Jenni

Here is one of my previous posts. If you do the Rum Tour, you should just do the whole package, because everything is on the way to Appleton Estate.

"Try the Black River Safari/YS Falls/Appleton Estate tour. We took it from CN 3 yrs ago. It was only $95/pp and totally worth it. You travel along the southern coast thru a few towns to the town of Black River. First is the river safari, which is pretty cool, and you eat lunch at a local cafe right there. Then you travel into the hills to YS Falls, which is absolutely beautiful, and finally to Appleton Estate, the rum distillery. You get to see a wide variety of the Jamaican countryside, far away from all the hotels and mega-resorts, but you are only in the van for maybe a total of 4 hours all day. I've heard that the Dunn's tour is about 3-4 hours one way and is NOT worth the long drive from Negril. I've been told to save that tour for an Ocho Rios trip."

We have done the Appleton Rum Tour, and I would highly recommend it! It is quite interesting and you get to sample lots of rum and rum cream at the end!! I am not sure how much it costs, but it seems like it was reasonable.

we went on the tour. I forget the cost. I do remember that we booked it privately, and to be honest, it was a long drive and we weren't fans. My husband loves Appleton rum! He couldn't wait to get there. The tour was ok, it shows the factory, and where they store the rum. The one thing that he wanted to see was the barrelling and bottling. That, we found out is in Kingston. So, he was a tad disappointed. They do give rum tasting but the ones they let you taste can all be found at the resort. They don't let you taste "the good stuff" as my husband put it. I think that if you went to Mayfair Falls, or something else during the day, maybe the trip would be worth it??

"Try the Black River Safari/YS Falls/Appleton Estate tour. We took it from CN 3 yrs ago. It was only $95/pp and totally worth it. You travel along the southern coast thru a few towns to the town of Black River. First is the river safari, which is pretty cool, and you eat lunch at a local cafe right there. Then you travel into the hills to YS Falls, which is absolutely beautiful, and finally to Appleton Estate, the rum distillery. You get to see a wide variety of the Jamaican countryside, far away from all the hotels and mega-resorts, but you are only in the van for maybe a total of 4 hours all day. I've heard that the Dunn's tour is about 3-4 hours one way and is NOT worth the long drive from Negril. I've been told to save that tour for an Ocho Rios trip."[/QUOTE]

This sounds exactly what we are looking for when we go next October ~ can you tell me who you booked this through? Did you pre-book or did you book after you arrived and do you know if we can we go from CSA? Sorry for the barrage of questions and thanks

We just did this tour last Thursday (11/3) when we were there. It is now $110.00 per person and we booked thru the excursion desk at CN. It does seem like a long ride but makes for a nice day. You get to see a lot of the country side and our tour guide/driver was fantastic....very informative and nice. The YS Falls were amazing and the Appleton Rum Tour was very interesting. Make sure you take a large plastic bag or something to help protect the bottles if you plan on buying any - we just got home this morning and our friends had one of their bottles of rum break and was all over everything in their suitcase.

This past march we hired a local to take us to the YS Falls and Appleton Tour. We did the YS Falls first then did the Appleton Tour. The tour was pricy. If I remember right $25 per person to get into Appleton. Won't be something we do again, but my husband loves that rum so it is nice to say we have been there.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

If you're into history, if you're into the distillation process, if you're into rum, you'll like the tour. Do it with at least one other destination on that side of the island... as noted above.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We too went on the black river safari / y.s. falls / appleton tour in march/2011. It was $ 110 u.s. per person booked right at the tour desk. We got lucky and were the only 2 on the bus, tho he didnt want to take just us 2 , he still did. Drivers name was Keno, he was a very professional guide and driver, and grew up in a town we went thru. We felt safe at all times with him. We had a blast, and I still say just the drive alone was worth the money. All the scenery, the culture, and the sights. If you bring a nice camera, you can get some pictures of a lifetime at Y.S. falls , worthy of enlarging. For a small tip, a guide will be more then happy to position you and take nice pics of the 2 of you in the waterfalls. We had our lunch at the falls in a small restaurant, which was pretty good and reasonable priced. I would highly reccomend this tour....hope this helps :-)) 2 more weeks till CSS...woo hoo

We did the Black River/YS Falls/Appleton Rum tour last week. It was $110 pp. We didn't see much, only a couple of crocs at Black River. The YS Falls were pretty, but we didn't stay very long. Just long enough for a quick dip and a couple of pictures. The rum tour was good and very informative. The ride to these places was pretty, but the road was terrible. My husband and I both felt that if we had to do over again we would have stayed at the resort. It wasn't worth leaving the beach for