Default what a small world!

I was at work yesterday (truck driver at the post office) and we are responsible for unloading our own mail most of the time. We are very understaffed in our new facility but I do get some help sometimes and this young man with headphones started to help and I asked him what he was listening to. It was Bob Marley of course so we got to chatting as we worked and to my surprise, he grew up in Negril! He came to the US ten years ago for school and ended up in Minnesota (poor Guy) working at the post office.
    He gets home to visit as much as possible and he hates the winter more than I do. I showed him my wedding picture on the beach and he got this huge smile on his face.
    We have a common bond and I have a new Jamaican friend. I find myself thinking of Swept Away even more now.

Default It IS a small world

I was at a conference with my wife. While she had classes I went to the pool. I started talking to the guy that ran the pool club and when I heard his accent I said "You're from Jamaica". Of course I got a "Yeh mon". I found out he was from Negril & I told him we were going to Negril in 2 weeks. He ran out on his lunch hour and got some tee shirts for his 3 children & asked if I could bring them with me. I did and his wife came to Couples to pick them up. Now I have a friend in Massachusetts & one in Negril.....it IS a small world....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

That is Awesome! What a nice thing to do Captain Jim

AHHH......nice stories!

Where is Mass, Captain Jim?
    I am near Worcester.

Quote Originally Posted by Deet1114 View Post
    AHHH......nice stories!

Where is Mass, Captain Jim?
    I am near Worcester.
    Dracut MA
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I love these stories.

My favorite of all time was from the firefighter who visited CSA and met some firefighters from Negril. The firefighters from Negril ended up coming to the States and met up with the couple from America. The Americans took the Jamaicans out one night and when asked where they wanted to go they replied "Hooters!". They also went shopping at Wal-mart. I can not do the story justice, but suffice it to say the story is hilarious!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Your profile says Everett. What a small world, I grew up in Dracut ( i wonder if i know you) and live in Billerica. There is a gal that works at the Wu Loon Ming in Billerica that grew up in Jamaica too.

http://www.menuism.com/restaurants/w...illerica-77763

That is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing.