Default No sense of urgency, BUT...

I do believe I've solved this... In the past, as we sulked and pouted during the ride from SweptAway to Sangster, my bride and I have, on more than one occasion, discussed how we were going to manage our return home. We would commence with fretting and scheming, watching airfare and Couples specials until invariably, we would simply log on, contact our TA and book. After several years of this, I came up with this solution.

Back in June, we pulled the trigger on our May, 2012 return home. Not unusual (per our above procedure), EXCEPT... we hadn't been home yet in 2011! THAT suare` was scheduled for this past October 15, so... we were double booked!! As we boarded the bus on October 23rd for our return to the rat race, we did so secure in fact that we would return in late May. As we said our good-byes to our friends at home, we could assure them that we would return... soon come! We found our bus ride mood to be much less gloomy; our flights home, far less stressful; and our outlook and disposition much more sunny!

Now, all that remains to be done is to set up for our 2013 visit; we hope we are able to do so before we pack for home in May. Wish us luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Chris, you are a wise man!

We too have found that having your next trip booked before you leave on that stinking "good bye bus" does in fact make leaving a little less painful. With the Love Away payment plan no reason not, once we pay for the resort and the airfare we book next years trip home; not to mention booking early usually means your getting a great deal.

We were just like you. We decided that a whole year was too long to wait, so we made the decision to go once every six months. That sure seems to help on "good-bye bus" day, knowing we won't have nearly as long to wait until next time. We go again in 14 days, but until we arrive at CN then, we are currently triple booked :-)

Absolutely the way to go!!!...We have three countdowns going right now!! 2011 2012 2013
    Soonceome
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

We had a countdown going for our return trip before our two last trips. It does help with the return.
    Vicky

We agree - having ourselves booked for the next trip - before you leave for the current one makes leaving a whole lot easier!