Default Stolen Camera @ CN 10/7/11

My husband and I along with close friends visited CN from Oct 4-9th. We had a fantastic time (as usual since we are dedicated repeaters).
    Unfortunately, my camera was stolen just outside of Otaheite as we waited for our reservations. I was terribly upset. It was an Olympus Stylus Tough and we had only owned it for 3 weeks prior to the trip. Being the end of our trip, all of our vacation pictures were on it. The most upsetting part is that I am pregnant and we had taken several "belly shots" prior to and during the trip. Now they are gone and we have no record of the beginning of my pregnancy or our "babymoon".
    We spread the word quickly and questioned several other guests (I am POSITIVE it was another guest, not a staff member) but unfortunately, nobody came forward. We even went as far as to spread the word that if the person would return the memory card, we would accept the loss of the camera.
    Please, I am begging, if you know who has our camera, all we ask is that the memory card is returned to us. Message me and I'll give you my address, no questions asked. My heart is broken........

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your camera and pictures. It's sad someone has
    to stoop so low as to steal someones camera. I hope someone does the right thing and
    returns the card to you.
    We will be at CN at the end of the month and will be sure to keep our camera with us.

A little advice for everyone with a camera: Buy some extra memory cards for your camera. I put a new card in every morning so if I do lose my camera, I still have the memories from the days before.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

The same happened to my daughter and her husband only at CSA. We were all together as it was our 40th wedding anniversary. They arranged a surprise vow renewal ceremony for us and all of the pictures taken were on their camera. They also offered to just accept the memory card back (no questions asked) but I am sorry to tell you that it never happened. I wish for a better outcome for you.

So sorry to read about the loss of your camera. It also happened to my Son and his GF at CSS in July. We asked everyone. I had gotten married so the camera was full of wedding pictures etc. She "lost" it the 2nd last day. We stayed an extra week and I went to the front desk daily, but still no camera.

I know how you are feeling, I hope your memory card finds it way back to you!

man that is carpy...wtheck is wrong w/ folks....
    makes me very sad...all i've got to say is karma....

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Wow! It never occurred to me that someone would steal a camera. I'm a firm believer in doing backups and we always brought our laptop on vacation with us. Each day we would transfer our pictures to the laptop and keep them on the camera as well. That way we were assured 2 copies of our pictures on different media.

Someone tried to steal our camera last year at CSS. Luckily one of our travel buddies, a cop at that!, caught him as he was trying to make his escape. It was right there in our line of sight and *poof* gone in just a second. I just happened to notice it was gone and my buddy saw this guy making a beeline away from the party. I am so sorry for your lost camera!!! We will definitely be more vigilant this year.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

I don't get it. You can spend 3-4K on a weeks vacation to Couples but can't afford a $100 digital camera and have to steal one? Sad.

This makes me so sad for you. I'd be devastated too. We just got a new Olympus Tough also, and I was thinking of uploading the camera everyday onto FH's laptop just in case something like this happened. Seriously, what is wrong with some people
    ~01.24.07 the first day of the rest of our lives ~ 04.22.07 "i love you" ~ 04.29.09 move into our first place ~ 06.07.11 will you marry me? ~ 01.22.12 mr & mrs. <3 ~ 01.26.12-02.04.12 COUPLES NEGRIL!~
    http://alyssananglephotography.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by calgontakemeaway View Post
    Someone tried to steal our camera last year at CSS. Luckily one of our travel buddies, a cop at that!, caught him as he was trying to make his escape. It was right there in our line of sight and *poof* gone in just a second. I just happened to notice it was gone and my buddy saw this guy making a beeline away from the party. I am so sorry for your lost camera!!! We will definitely be more vigilant this year.
    if you would, could you please state whether it was a guest or other?