Default Ugly weather outlook next week in Negril

30-60% chance of rain for the next 10 days in Negril. Mother nature is not welcoming us back to CN very well for our arrival on Saturday. Is this type of forecast normal, or is it due to the Tropical storm/hurricane activity?

That seems to ALWAYS be the forecast in JA. So I would not take it too literally. No worries mon!!!! Rain or shine a vacation is what you make of it.

gobuck welcome to hurricane season normally late august thru october have the highest amount of rain fall .. i belive 47% of rain each day during this time frame

Can't say I follow the forecast weather for Negril (I just enjoy CN while there), so I cannot correlate a '30% chance of rain' to what actually happens on the ground. But some trips we have had rainy afternoons almost every day. Is that 100% chance of rain?

I suspect we have had many lovely days of weather at CN with a 50% chance of rain forecast. Often, the rain lasts 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon, and we take a (special) nap, wake up and prepare for dinner. Hit the beach in the morning.

Enjoy your trip! We are not too far behind you (Sept 1).

Why do you look at the weather reports? They are always the same day in day out in Jamaica...

You really do take a chance in going to Jamaica in August or September because of the possibility of hurricanes or tropical storms. That is why the rates are less aug-nov.

someone can probably go back for the past 30 years and say that more hurricanes have struck in October but my recent memories of the past 15 years or so it seems like August or September hurricanes are more likely.

Hmmmm.... 30-60% chance for rain... let's break that down.

Between 3 and 6 chances in 10 that it will rain at some point during the 24hour period that constitutes a day. I'd be more concerned, if I were you, with what you're going to do for the remaining portion of those days that make up the period when it will NOT rain.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hmmmm.... 30-60% chance for rain... let's break that down.

Between 3 and 6 chances in 10 that it will rain at some point during the 24hour period that constitutes a day. I'd be more concerned, if I were you, with what you're going to do for the remaining portion of those days that make up the period when it will NOT rain.
    Chris this is no place for any critical thinking stating facts in a logical manner may only cause greater confusion

We were at CN two years ago at the end of August (and are returning 11 days!) and I think it rained every day. This was not a big problem, we just got up early to snorkel and lay in the sun, then went to lunch @ 2:00 when it started raining. It was usually a brief shower of 1-2 hours and then got sunny again in the afternoon. It's just a good excuse to take part in an excercise class or some other activty. No worries.

Agreed, weather patterns in the islands are not like what they are over a continent. I remember last year, about this time, in Jamaica when we had a hell of a storm for 2-3 days, but only for 1-2 hours in the afternoon. Beautiful weather the rest of the time. I'll be there in 2 days and have no concerns other than getting OUT of Florida :P

Just left CN this past Tuesday. No worries! It rained in the afternoon for a bit. Long enough to head back to the room for a bit of "play time" and then a quick nap. Or you can head to the bar and enjoy watching the storm with a drink in hand. Or you can continue to play in the water or soak in the hot tub. So many options when it rains