Default CSS Question: Which Block and Floor were you on?

How was the view? How was the balcony? How was the walk to the room?

I'd like to start collecting info on different rooms to see what we might like best. Of course, I'd like a beautiful view, with a large balcony, with a walk that's not too taxing. Any recommendations? (We are booked into an Oceanview Suite, by the way).

Thanks so much!

We were in Block B (beachfront jacuzzi room) on the second floor this past January. The view was fine from the second floor, although it probably is better from the 3rd floor. We liked the location and its proximity to the beach/pools and 2 of the 3 restaurants. The balcony is on the small side, and there was no lounge chair, only 2 chairs and a table. In a perfect world for us, the beachfront rooms would have larger balconies. But the more spectacular views and balconies are on the cliffs.

A-31, great room, balcony had table and (2) chairs, Great view of the ocean, main pool and the resort.

A-block is about LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION

We were in G15a which is the highest block.

Its nice and easy going down but coming back to the room can be quite difficult (if youve eaten too much ). You can always take the lift if you arent feeling too energetic. We walked up the steps most nights after dinner etc.

However the balcony was huge, at least 4 times the size of the beachfront suites and the view made it well worth the walk every night, well see for yourself......

We were in B-26 (third floor) and loved our room and the location. The balcony was small but all that we really needed. The view was great and totally unobstructed.

We were in a 1 bdrm w/balcony G-4 I believe was our room, the room was awesome with a huge bathroom two seperate vanities, and a very large shower. The view was good but not great, but the room could not be beat. We saw other rooms in the same category but they had small bathrooms.

We were in A-24, second floor corner room. Room was great, small balcony, view was of the pool and water sports area. Easy walking to everything (we used the service road behind the rooms to access all the stuff "Uphill". Watched the Tuesday night beach party steel drum band from our balcony - very nice!

I'd be happy to send you the map of CSS with the rooms if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com). I've tried to post it on the board before and it's too small.

We stayed in a One Bedroom Ocean Suite in Building G. While the view was nice, if we ever go back we'll either try to get in Building D or stay in a One Bedroom Beachfront in Building A or B, since those are much closer to the beach than G.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We have stayed in G-14 which had the most fantastic view of all and the room was huge but by day three we were calling the bus for a lift once in awhile. We have also stayed in E-2 which was equally as nice but the view was blocked slightly by a big tree but loved the location right in the middle so much liked that room best of all and never called the bus. Both rooms were one bedroom ocean rooms. You really can't go wrong with any of the rooms at CSS you just call the bus if you don't want to walk the steps.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

So, for those of you who have stayed in blocks D, E, & G (where is F, by the way??) - do all of the rooms in blocks D & E have good views and nice balconies? Block G obviously sounds like it has the best views, but I don't want to hate walking to my room 5 times a day... plus I was just diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and so am somewhat scared I won't be able to handle that much walking more than once or twice a day.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I'd be happy to send you the map of CSS with the rooms if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com). I've tried to post it on the board before and it's too small.
    Amy - could you please email me the map? Please send it to debjonsam@yahoo.com - thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    So, for those of you who have stayed in blocks D, E, & G (where is F, by the way??) - do all of the rooms in blocks D & E have good views and nice balconies? Block G obviously sounds like it has the best views, but I don't want to hate walking to my room 5 times a day... plus I was just diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and so am somewhat scared I won't be able to handle that much walking more than once or twice a day.

Thanks!!

Honestly all the views from all the rooms are fantastic you just have to realize CSS is very jungle like and the view of many rooms include lots of plants as well as the ocean. Block F is by the lobby just below G down the cliff.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Hi Linus - we were in D6 on the ground floor of D block this last February It was perfect for us since my husband had strained ligaments in his ankle shortly before our trip so did not want to move too much but wanted a nice view. D block is the first block up the cliff, so just one flight of steps to go up - probably no more steps than the middle floors of A and B blocks. It is a "one bedroom ocean suite". We had a bedroom, sitting room,huge walk-in shower, and a smallish balcony - the same size as those in A and B block. We had a great view of the resort and the sea. The room next door to us (on the sea facing corner of D block -D7 I think) was an "Ocean Verandah Suite" and it had a bedroom, huge walk-in shower and an enormous verandah (balcony). It had a great view just like our room. So if you can manage without a separate sitting room, the ocean verandah suites in D block would be a great choice.

We had the Harry Belafonte Suite, D-27, in the Dahlia Building. The view was superb, and the balcony was VERY large. However, there were A LOT of steps.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Any photos of or from the Harry Belafonte Suite? We have booked a Penthouse and were looking into the E block Penthouse suites. If the Penthouse suites in D block are better, then we might want to change our request. What do you think?

Kevin

we were in F6 liked the room it had a huge living area and a seperate bedroom area that you didn't enter into unless you actually went through a door to go into it *loved that it was completely seperate* also liked that the bathroom was completely seperate from the other rooms and that you didn't have to go into the bedroom to get to it. great view af the ocean lots of stairs to get to it, was nice at night to sit and the balcony at nitght and listen to the music from below. we saw rooms in block D that were way amaller and the bedroom was the main area, the bathroom was entered through the bedroom and so was the sitting area which was rather small. saw the 1 bedroom beachfront which was my personal favorite even though the sitting area wasn't too big and there was seperation from the bedroom but you still had to go through it. i guess it was just the location! it was first floor so could could just walk out your patio doors onto the beach/pool area. was also in the roger moore suite which is d20; awesome view here!! when you enter you walk into the seating area bedroom was seperate but you had to go into the bedroom to get to the bathroom and f6 was still way bigger! also in this suite the balcony was huge but was not completely seperated from the other suite on the top level's balcony...if you wanted to you could literally walk over to there side and sit on their patio furniture!! would be cool to book those 2 suites with friends seeing as you could have a huge get together up there with all the friends you meet!

For those who have stayed in the Penthouses, which have patios that lack divideres between rooms?

Linus, We were in D builidng as well. Can't remember the number, but it was second floor, right at the top of the stairs. It was a one bedroom suite, with a smaller balcony, but I thought the location was great. My husband has emphysema, and has several knee surgeries, and he did't have any problem. Actually, I asked him which rooms (for location) and he said the same area was fine. Also, if you end up in one of the higher blocks, they do have a shuttle you can call to take you to/from your room. Here is the picture of our view. There are a couple more looking off our balcony at other areas in my album on my profile page.

Linda

We've stayed in B both times. First time on the second floor and second time on the first floor. Other than the fact that our next door neighbor walked into our room by accident I liked being ont he first floor. I was reading a book on the sofa with the doors opened and was surprised to see a man walking up the pathway and into my room!!! He quickly realized his mistake and was very embarassed.
    I have wanted to stay up on the hill for the view but like the beachfront for convenience.
    Travel Agent to the Stars!
    Oh, sorry, got carried away.
    But I am a Couples Preferred Agent.

CN 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011 CSS 2006, 2007 CSA 2007, 2011 CTI 2009

StarrandBrianinWI,

Are the rooms in Block F considered ocean suite, or something else? (Anyone who knows the answer can respond, of course!

Thanks!

Debbie

Lindad,
    Don't know why I can't view your pictures on your profile page - are they still there?? I'll keep trying.

Thanks!

i honestly do not remember which room catagory that we booked. i would assume so, but to make sure i bet if you call the 1800# they would know for sure! it was a great room, if you don't mind the walk or the stairs, we didn't the property is beautiful!!!