Default Things I would like at Couples Negril AN

Just returned from one of the best weeks we've ever had at Couples. We spent most of our time at the AN side of the hedge. I would like to suggest to Couples a few improvements that was discussed while there between us and the great people we shared the beach with.

1. A plunge pool with a pool bar instead of a beach bar.

2. A rope line separating the AN area from the textile swimming area.

3. I know this one is not Couples policy,but if they could give AN users preference to building 9 as an option it would be great

4. A little music would be nice

Thanks would like to hear from others what you think

I like it just the way it is now, but I do like your idea about building 9, exclusive for AN users.

I suggested the pool as well as more food and umbrellas about 2 months ago - you would've thought I'd spoken of treason. I was stunned at the amount of negative feedback I received.

I understand the rules regarding the coastline and installing a pool may be prohibitive but surely adding a couple more amenities there would be possible. I also understand that a pool would be a major renovation that they can't do right now financially - but from where I was, it looked like they could move the shrubs back between the bathroom and the hot tub and install a small pool & bar. If they have restrictions, how did the hot tub get there?

We just returned from CN and not much had changed in the AN area. They did offer meat patties at the bar which was nice and one day had fruit skewers. But every day for at least 1-2 hours per day, the bar was closed so we tried to help ourselves.

I still felt like the AN beach at CN is treated as an afterthought. Thanks for bringing these ideas up again!!

We were in Building 6, Rm 6103 to be precise, and it was perfect for accessing the AN beach. So, I'd prefer not to have Building 9 designated as exclusively for AN visitors. A plunge pool sounds interesting, but I wonder what, if any, 'zoning' type of regulations CN has to adhere to, and how that'd effect building one? Yes, music would be nice, like it is around the pool, and seems like the easiest 'fix' for CN; let's ask Randymon.

Congrats on having 'one of the best weeks' ever!

Irie,
    TonyS

That would be great, we were going to try CN this time around, but after reading that the AN beach has none of the amenities of SSB, decided to stick with CSS! Spoiled us I guess LOL April can't come soon enough! It's about
    -20C here this morning BRRRRR.

Just wanted to put in our 2cents. We think it is great just as is! The music idea IMHO is better dealt with IPODS and head phones so each can enjoy their style of music. As for pool, hope not, the bay is amazing ! Just our thoughts

A pool would be nice, but if they can't - they can't. I don't see much advantage in reserving Building 9 for AN users - it's not like the resort is so spread out that you're walking miles to get to the AN beach; it'd be nice to request Building 9 if that's your desire though. Staffing at the bar seems a bit inconsistent - as others have stated, closed for 1-2 hours a day.

I'm not keen on the rope idea - if the immediate shore line is public access then why hassle everyone with another rope? But maybe that's because I just don't care if the textile folks see me naked - as long as no one gawks or stares I'm good.

I don't recall the bar actuallt closing but rather without bartender. No Problem - make your own drink. Is Floy still around?
    ... it keepsh me shane

Having building 9 exclusively for AN users would never work. Supposing there were not enough AN users to fill it? And how would CN know that you were an AN couple?
    What about people who decide to go AN for the first time half way through their trip?

Default Things we would like!

We love Couples Negril AN and would not want music. We enjoy resting and reading, and music would be annoying--unless it was really soft. Be there at XMAS and we can't wait! K&L

No loud music ....please!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Couple View Post
    Just returned from one of the best weeks we've ever had at Couples. We spent most of our time at the AN side of the hedge. I would like to suggest to Couples a few improvements that was discussed while there between us and the great people we shared the beach with.

Thanks would like to hear from others what you think
    We must have been there the same time as you, as we just got back on Sunday. We were over to the left, next to one of the hammocks.

1. A plunge pool with a pool bar instead of a beach bar. Don't know where you would put it. That area is pretty small, and we like that ourselves.

2. A rope line separating the AN area from the textile swimming area. Not a bad idea. I kinda like the looks on the faces of those who stray over though.

3. I know this one is not Couples policy,but if they could give AN users preference to building 9 as an option it would be great. As stated above, I don't see how that's workable. You can always do like one couple did last week. Ask for a room change as soon as one comes available.

4. A little music would be nice. As others have said, not for me. I listened to all the music I wanted with my ipod. One of our favorite things about the AN beach at CN is the solitude and the uncramped feeling.

Just our two cents worth.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Pool - who needs a pool, we have the ocean
    rope line - I personally enjoy seeing the look on people's faces when they inadvertently swim over the imaginary line
    Bldg 9 - AN designation, not a bad idea, but again, how do you regulate that
    music - CTI has the party island atmosphere, I like the fact that CN is quiet, sometimes I feel alone with my DH, nice

I think a floating bar in the bay would be awesome and only serve drinks to the AN crowd.

It would be interesting to see how many textile fans suddenly swim without their suits on.
    ... it keepsh me shane

We just returned from cn last night. Spoke with Karen the resort manger about the AN Pool issue. She said a pool is not possible because on AN side. There is a law that says no concrete within 100 feet of high tide level. The hot tub is sitting as close as anything can go. Just for info

Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Couple View Post
    . . . if they could give AN users preference to building 9 as an option it would be great . . . .
    You do realize that Building 9 contains beachfront rooms and suites, right? Are you presuming that people who spend their days on the a/n beach are also those who book the most expensive rooms?
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I really don't seen any benefit in desigating building 9 - we prefer to stay in buildings 2-4 and spend every day at AN! Don't think I like the idea of a pool either - why, when there is such beautiful sea? Same with music - use an Ipod - I like to listen to the sea and general chatter around me. Maybe it's because I haven't been to CSS but I like it just the way it is! Quiet, relaxing, friendly. Oh and the gawkers do amuse me, but some I find really rude so maybe separating the swimming area would be good. But meh, I don't really care that much!

xemmaxsx,
    If a pool is ever added... they won't take that beautiful sea away. It will still be there. The pool would be another option. I can never figure out why people would oppose something others might enjoy even when its use would be optional. It's not like anyone would be forced to use the pool if they ever put one in.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    xemmaxsx,
    If a pool is ever added... they won't take that beautiful sea away. It will still be there. The pool would be another option. I can never figure out why people would oppose something others might enjoy even when its use would be optional. It's not like anyone would be forced to use the pool if they ever put one in.
    rhallva, with all due respect, everyone has a right to their opinions. Even though use of the pool is optional, it can certainly change the dynamics of CN's small AN beach. A pool could very well result in a more active beach (pool games, swim-up bar), and as xemmaxsx stated, she prefers a more quiet and relaxing atmosphere. I for one prefer a social atmosphere so I wouldn't mind the pool, but I can certainly understand xemmaxsx's opposition.

"rhallva, with all due respect, everyone has a right to their opinions. Even though use of the pool is optional, it can certainly change the dynamics of CN's small AN beach. A pool could very well result in a more active beach (pool games, swim-up bar), and as xemmaxsx stated, she prefers a more quiet and relaxing atmosphere. I for one prefer a social atmosphere so I wouldn't mind the pool, but I can certainly understand xemmaxsx's opposition. "

I agree 100% that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't think I have indicated otherwise, I have just expressed mine.

Actually to clarify it said, "Don't think I like the idea of a pool either - why, when there is such beautiful sea?" The opposition to the pool seems to be due to the poster's preference for the swimming in thebeautiful sea. The comment about the quiet and relaxing atmosphere was in the part about the music, not about the addition of a pool. I was not commenting on the poster's opposition to the music, just opposition to a pool because they prefer the sea when they could still choose to use sea instead. You are clearly correct that the addition of a pool would change the dynamics of the area, maybe for the better for some, andy maybe not for some.......but the post I was responding to did not say that. That was a view that you added.
    All the best-