Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Water bottles

There is always the bathroom tap in the middle of the night. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    There are plenty of water stations throughout the resorts and there are water pitchers in the rooms. The cost of the water bottles - despite the good environmental intent - is actually more expensive that providing bottled water. We do not intend to take a step backward. Rather, we are looking at various solutions that are both convenient and safe for the environment.
    What about encouraging people to bring their own water bottles (a permanent sticky on this board, info with a reservation confirmation, etc.) as well as having the Couples bottles more prominently displayed for sale (like right at the check-in desk, at the bars, etc.) with info about how we, as guests would be contributing by keeping plastic bottles & cups out of the garbage. I think most people are conscience about this and would be happy to participate. I bet if you put the Couples water bottles in the rooms with a note about the environmental benefits and "if you choose to use the bottle, $X.XX will be automatically billed to your account", a lot of people who didn't bring their own would buy them. (Maybe profits could go toward supporting Jamaican recycling efforts!)

When we stayed at our first all-inclusive (not Couples) last year, I felt so good about using the insulated mug I brought with me for drinks--knowing that it meant I wasn't putting any plastic cups in the garbage. I know the Couples policy strictly prohibits the use of personal bottles/mugs for beverages poured by bar staff, but any information given out about encouraging people to bring/use water bottles could include this policy statement as well.

Can't wait for our first trip to CTI in Sept 2012!

Our water pitcher at CTI has always been filled with ice. I just add the water.
    Vicky

It's kinda hard to throw the cups of water in your bag when you're heading to the beach. I do like the water bottles at CTI idea but they can downscale those bottles to something a bit cheaper. There's millions of cheapy water bottles available. No offense, but I don't really want to have to bring one or buy one. It really should be part of the service we pay for. I don't have a problem getting ice & drinking the tap water, but I'd like to be able to carry a water bottle with me. I drink a lot of water.

I just wish the 4 different resorts would be more consistent with what they do. We split a trip between CSS & CN and had to remember which one did what - each resort does things differently (in many areas, not just the bottled water). If they'd combine their efforts, they could probably get cheaper water bottles for guests!

Quote Originally Posted by lpmp View Post
    It's kinda hard to throw the cups of water in your bag when you're heading to the beach. I do like the water bottles at CTI idea but they can downscale those bottles to something a bit cheaper. There's millions of cheapy water bottles available. No offense, but I don't really want to have to bring one or buy one. It really should be part of the service we pay for. I don't have a problem getting ice & drinking the tap water, but I'd like to be able to carry a water bottle with me. I drink a lot of water.

I just wish the 4 different resorts would be more consistent with what they do. We split a trip between CSS & CN and had to remember which one did what - each resort does things differently (in many areas, not just the bottled water). If they'd combine their efforts, they could probably get cheaper water bottles for guests!
    That is what makes Couples special. There is something different at each resort. They are boutique resorts.
    Vicky

Am I understanding this right? This thread is about whether Couples should supply a complimentary water bottle or whether you should pack your own or spend a few bucks on one at the gift shop at the resort? Is that really the deal-breaker on a $4,000 vacation? Trivial.

What about making the water bottles one of the repeater gift choices. I don't need any more candles or t-shirts and the bottle of wine seems sillly at an all-inclusive. I would love to be able to select 2 Couples Water Bottles as my repeater gift.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    What about making the water bottles one of the repeater gift choices. I don't need any more candles or t-shirts and the bottle of wine seems sillly at an all-inclusive. I would love to be able to select 2 Couples Water Bottles as my repeater gift.
    Vee...that is an excellent suggestion!

Default Vee - Second that idea!

Vee -

I think that is a great idea and we would also choose that for our repeaters gift!

Randymon - what about it?

Tracy

We brought our own Nalgene to CSA last year, left it on the table (by the beach at Sea Grapes) for 5 minutes, came back and it was gone. It was really cool too, with all our local Asheville stickers covering it (so we could easily recognize it). We went to lost and found and nobody had turned it in. I'm pretty sure it was another guest and not an employee that swiped it..so whoever you are, I hope you are enjoying our Nalgene. You know who you are. Not cool to take other people's things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2