Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water bottles

Default Water bottles

We are staying two weeks starting Nov 26 split between CSS & CN. I did a search about water bottles and I read that CTI brought in refillable bottles and that was going to be put in place at all Couples properties eventually. Can anyone comment specifically what they have at CSS & CN? Gotta have that continual water supply when sitting in the sun drinking all day!!!
    First time at Couples, 11 days to go!

Neither CSS or CN had the refillable bottles when we were there this summer. But there was a thread on TA a while back that Gary Stephens made a comment, I think they are looking at the bottles for the other properties as well.

I hope so, I would love to have one so I could use it here at home.

They have water coolers on the bars so you can refill bottles, containers, cups etc, we always bring a couple of water bottles from the airport and just refill them during our stay, they were supplying two bottles a day in our room refrigerator back in August.

Nope, no refillable bottles at either CSS or CN - we were just there. CSS still has the small bottled waters, but CN has nothing except tap water. They do have a jug of cooled water to pour into a cup at the bars, but nothing to carry with you. CN does fill a thermos pitcher in your room with ice water to drink in the room.

They do need to work on this issue.

I don't believe they are available at all resorts. You can take a refillable water though. I used to take mine. You can refill at the soda fountains and at CTI, the bartenders will fill our bottles with ice and water.
    Vicky

We just returned from CN (Our 5th Visit to a Couples resort) and there were water coolers with cups at every bar location. there were a lot of people who had their own insulated cups which were also sold in the gift shop. I would recommend that you pack your own to stay hydrated on the beach and at night in the room. There is water and ice stocked in the room daily but the insulated cups work great. The ones you would see at the CN giftshop and during the shopping tours were like the BubbaKeg brand that can found at most large supermarts hint hint...

They do not provide bottles at CN. I took my refillable bottle that I got at CTI last year to use. I would suggest that you pack one to take with you.

The removal of bottled water & not to supply the re-usable bottles as they have at CTI is a downgrade of service no question about that. I understand the environmental reasons for withdrawing bottled water, but not replacing this in the same manner as CTI looks like cost cutting rather than anything else.
    Randy - your comments please....
    Last edited by Caznsi; November 28th, 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Randy - an updates on this please? Thanks

There are plenty of water stations throughout the resorts and there are water pitchers in the rooms. The cost of the water bottles - despite the good environmental intent - is actually more expensive that providing bottled water. We do not intend to take a step backward. Rather, we are looking at various solutions that are both convenient and safe for the environment.

Couples Resorts

We each used the water bottles we were given at the airport lounge. We don't drink so no beer in a cup for us.

Betty
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

It is extremely short-sided and ignorant for someone to feel that this is a "cost-cutting downgrade in service". Before negative judgement is passed on Couples for making this environmentally conscious move, do an internet search about the conditions of recycling in Jamaica and also search "ocean garbage patch". The tap water at Couples is safe to drink and they provide water stations throughout the resort, as well as, pitchers in the rooms that are refilled by housekeeping daily. We always bring our own refillable bottles when we travel, so it's not a big deal anyway.

Here are a couple links:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/envir...-week-_8275278

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_P..._Garbage_Patch

Thanks for responding, Randymon! I understand that the types of water bottles they have at CTI might be more expensive economically than providing 2-3 throwaway bottles per day, but I can't imagine there are less expensive refillable bottles available. You don't necessarily need the combination clear plastic and chrome construction; all plastic would work.
    And so much better for the environment!

I can answer my own thread now since we are here. CSS has smal 12oz. Bottles availables at all the bars, and stocked in your room. CN has water coolers at the bars. No disposable bottles, not even stocked in the in-room bar fridge. So it's either by the glass or bring your own mug.

Well said dank120. I got a water bottle at the dollar store to bring. No big deal!!!!
    Karin

what about CSA?

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    It is extremely short-sided and ignorant for someone to feel that this is a "cost-cutting downgrade in service". Before negative judgement is passed on Couples for making this environmentally conscious move, do an internet search about the conditions of recycling in Jamaica and also search "ocean garbage patch". The tap water at Couples is safe to drink and they provide water stations throughout the resort, as well as, pitchers in the rooms that are refilled by housekeeping daily. We always bring our own refillable bottles when we travel, so it's not a big deal anyway.

Here are a couple links:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/envir...-week-_8275278

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_P..._Garbage_Patch
    Its always a shame when people need to be rude to make their point!

Hey Randy, Why not offer bottles you can buy at the front desk or gift shops for not much more than your cost. Then everyone can have the same opportunity to use the bottles, and your company can recoup the cost and everyone can have their water on the beach if they choose. Just a thought.

Thanks so much for the update kdcd, and thank you dank 120 for your post and the good links, great info.

Water bottles ARE for sale in all gift shops

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Caznsi View Post
    Its always a shame when people need to be rude to make their point!
    How do you describe complaints about a "downgrade of service", because someone is not served water in plastic bottles that are one of the top sources of global water pollution? It's an objective description, not an opinion. I'm open to suggestions...

I LOVE the water bottles we got at CTI. We still use them at home frequently! They are a quality perk for visiting CTI. I personally think they are worth the money to both Couples and the guests.

In the absence of those bottles, what is wrong with using one of the plastic cups that are stocked by each soda station and bar? Seems real easy to me.

CSA still has bottled water in the refrigerators in the rooms as well as pitchers in-room. No water jugs around the resort though.

The one downside is that there is no water in the mini-bars. While there may be water pitchers in rooms, there was no water in those pitchers. I like cold water at night so took to filling up a glass from the water cooler and asking the bar to add ice and then carrying it to my room. However, if you want cold water in the middle of the night . . . you're out of luck. I do wish they'd return to at least a bottle of water in the mini-bars.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Water bottles ARE for sale in all gift shops
    Yay!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast