Hybrid View

Default Reservations about Couples Resorts

I am very interested in Couples for our 15th anniversary next year. I am intrigued by the AN aspect of most of the resorts. However my wife is very reserved/conservative/modest (prudish) when it comes to her being nude. I think she's hot and feel she should "flaunt what she's got" in spite of her own self-image. I am very proud of my "catch". If anyone should be self conscious, it is I with my average to sub-average equipment. One of our adult, all-inclusive searches yielded a nudist resort. My wife joked that it would be lots of senior men leering at her and many hot young women for me to drool over. I know it would be no such luck on my part. Besides, I like the idea of us being free and basking nude on the beach together. This would be one of those "once in a lifetime" opportunities with people you most likely won't ever see again. My concern is about how integrated the AN aspect is with Couples. If my wife has no interest, can we go on about our vacation without giving it any thought. Or is it so pervasive that she will be "freaked out" and it will ruin our vacation?
    Thanks for any insight!

Alb74, None of your fears are worth continuing to worry about. Move on over to the 'feedback after your vacation' thread just a few threads from here in the AN section. You will find more than enough comfort in there for the most reserved person. Some people really don't want to try, and that is their choice. Those who are a bit wobbly about it but give it a try are, more often than not, transformed by the experience. I don't mean that we all turn into mad AN guru's and seek out our local hippy colonies when we get back home but rather that we realise that we have similar fears about our wobbly bits, or areas that have marks or imperfections. We think these imperfections will repulse others yet we realise that others have them too, they just don't allow the imperfections to define themselves but rather embrace them. Yes really!

As to integration, you need to book to visit CSS or CTI. My personal preference is CSS as it has a large private beach, (sunset beach) totally separate from the main hotel but easy to reach. On top of that there is an area to the right, which is where you go if you want to stay away from the general hubbub around the pool area, or go to the left and befriend those who are there to meet other like minded chaps and enjoy themselves in the more lively atmosphere. You can sit in the pool and drink at the bar, get your lunchtime snacks from the grill or just chillax in the warmth and sup your cocktails or beer as you require. There are no gawkers except for the occasional wanderer from the beach across the river which comes out at the SSB cove. There is lots of information around these parts as well as the sans souci map on the website.

I hope that you and your wife can overcome any fears (they are founded mostly in society's mores rather than reality!) and take the plunge to try AN. I shall leave you with the most important advice that I have gleaned from the many helpful people herein:- 1) try it on the first day. If you like it then you will be there everyday and not a single wet bathing suit need cling to your skin. If one of you doesn't like it then leave! At CSS you need never be faced with AN again if that is what you choose.

Once you go, you know.....

Oh boy, Couples is NOT like that at all! It was our first AN experience, and let me tell you, people look you in the eye when they talk to you, not check out what you look like! When we were there, there was a male model all the way to a 70+ gramma, and everything in between! The AN part is totally seperate from the textile part, and if you are at CSS, you need to go look for the AN beach! No one judges, if anything, the AN has less "Leering" etc. than the other side! No dirty stuff goes on or is even allowed, and it is the most free you will ever feel! I suggest you go to CSS as SSB is large, lots of room for privacy and totally seperate from the rest of the resort, Once you go (nekkid) You Know!!

alb74 - Oh my goodness, you have so many wonderful things to learn about Couples resorts!!!!! Sunset Beach at Sans Souci is completely separated from the rest of the resort. If you never ventured over to the nude beach, you would never even know that it's there. The main part of the resort is peaceful, beautiful, and just "oozes" romance at every turn. The rooms are wonderful, the food is excellent, and the staff perhaps among the best you'll find anywhere. That being said, Sunset Beach just adds even that much more to an already amazing resort. It is relaxing, and completely non-judgmental atmosphere. You will not find anyone "flaunting what they have", you will not find any men, senior or junior, "leering" at any of the women. What you will find is about 20 to 30 couples who enjoy the freedom from wet, clingy bathing suits, and who enjoy the feeling of the hot sun and warm water on their overall skin, relaxing, and enjoying the beautiful Jamaican weather. As "fabfifty" said in another post, "Couples does au naturel with class".

There is so much more information I could give you about CSS and SSB, but it would be too lengthy for here. If you'd like, send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca, and we'll send you lots more info and also some pictures from our trips to CSS.
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by alb74 View Post
    I am very interested in Couples for our 15th anniversary next year. I am intrigued by the AN aspect of most of the resorts. However my wife is very reserved/conservative/modest (prudish) when it comes to her being nude. I think she's hot and feel she should "flaunt what she's got" in spite of her own self-image. I am very proud of my "catch". If anyone should be self conscious, it is I with my average to sub-average equipment. One of our adult, all-inclusive searches yielded a nudist resort. My wife joked that it would be lots of senior men leering at her and many hot young women for me to drool over. I know it would be no such luck on my part. Besides, I like the idea of us being free and basking nude on the beach together. This would be one of those "once in a lifetime" opportunities with people you most likely won't ever see again. My concern is about how integrated the AN aspect is with Couples. If my wife has no interest, can we go on about our vacation without giving it any thought. Or is it so pervasive that she will be "freaked out" and it will ruin our vacation?
    Thanks for any insight!
    Don't let the AN aspect of Couples deter you from going. Couples is one of the most romantic places we've been.

CTI's AN facilities are well offshore and the only way you would see the naked details is by either going there, or with binoculars. CSS's AN facilities are completely separate from the main area as well and you wouldn't know SSB was there except for the signs. CN is a little more tricky, since its divided by a hedgerow. CSA has no AN beach, so perhaps that should be your choice.

Both CTI and CSS have areas that are relatively secluded (walking to the right in both areas) so that as long as its early in the day or not otherwise crowded, she can go AN without the fear of being drooled over and there wouldn't be young girls for you to ogle.

Honestly, it isn't young girls and older men (that would be a mismatch since its a couples only resort, unless its sugardaddy week). Its people from 20-70 (or older) and while its possible that someone drools over your wife, I haven't seen any of that and I expect that the patrons in the AN areas are more mature and relaxed than to openly gawk.

Only three of the four resorts have an AN section and they are separated from the general public area differently at each one. CN has a brush/bush wall around it. Tower Island has its island you have to take a boat out to. CSS has its AN area at the far side of the resort that you have to take a short 5-10 min walk to get to so its unlikely you will encounter any nude people unless you go looking for them. CN is the most public of the three as you can walk the beach across the front of it and some people can see you walking out into the bay nude. I'd suggest either the island or CSS for the most private areas if you wanted to give it a go. Once you try it you will find your fears to be moot. No one really cares what your body looks like and are only interested in you as the person inside. Those that go AN have already accepted their bodies for what they are as well as those around them. The school yard comparisons are long gone and we are the most accepting people you would want to meet. We are all average looking without any rock hard bodies. Those people are always in the gym and don't have time for AN anyway. Give it a try. I think you will be surprised how relaxed and friendly the whole experience is.

OMG Alb74 re: integration... my suggestion is CSS, The Sunset Beach (SSB) is totally separate from the rest of the resort, if you don't like it you can still enjoy a wonderful vacation on the other side. BUT I GUARENTEE you will LOVE IT, I think once you go there you will never go to the other side again... but thats my opinion.

If you're not interested in AN, you won't even notice it unless you go looking for it.

If you are, it's not at all what your wife is suggesting/thinking.

Read the posts in this forum, or better yet, you and your wife can read them together to get an idea of what the atmosphere is. My lady is very hot and I've never felt anyone was leering or even slightly out of line. I have read about a couple EXTREMELY rare occurrences, but even those were easily handled.

That's a good question and I can only answer based on my experience at CN and CTI (I haven't been to CSS yet). No, the AN aspect of Couples does not in any way infringe on the rest of the resort and participation (or not) in the AN aspect does not make or brake your experience. There are designated areas for AN and if you do not want to go over there you dont have to and you wont feel "left out". There is more than enough to do at all of the resorts clothed :-). And there are more than enough people that do not go to the AN that you will still be able to socialize and make new friends.
    So it is a win, win. You all can try the AN area and if she doesnt like it or is uncomfortable you can all get dressed, leave the AN area and continue to have a WONDERFUL vacation.

Hope this helps

Angelle
    (Who is anxiously awaiting our 3rd arrival back home to Couples....12/2/11! )

I felt the same way your wife does about the AN thing. After our first day, I was hooked. Nobody is drooling over anybody. I certainly don't look the best either, but nobody there cares what anyone else looks like. I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to be out in sun nekkid!! Ask your wife to give it a try just once, for 30 minutes. If she's uncomfortable, then you can go - at least she tried. If she likes it, great!! If it turns out that she doesn't like it, no worries - you can go about your vacation without missing out on anything else!!
    Hope this helps!!
    100 more days till SSB at CSS!!!!!!

alb74 - at best you decide on one of the three resorts that has an AN area. You get there, relax, see how easy going / non judgmental everyone is and you have a mature discussion about it and if you are both willing, you go for it.

As worst, the subject doesn't come up, you still get to enjoy your "catch" with slightly more cloths on in public and you still have an outstanding romantic vacation.

The winning situation is if your wife feels bold and confident enough to ask you about visiting the AN area.

Don't be pushy, go with the flow, and if it doesn't happen, don't let it ruin your stay. As you've probably seen, there are those couples that have decided to try it on the last of their stay. If they enjoy it, great, something to look forward to on the next trip. If not, well, you're going home very soon.

Good luck , enjoy and safe travels!

Hello,
    I can only speak to CSS and the AN experience at SSB. There is no leering on the part of anyone. Also, the beach and pool area are private and you are clothed until you reach SSB. If you didn't venture to SSB, you wouldn't know there was an AN section. Couples takes care to protect the vacation experience of all its guests be it AN or textile. I don't think you or your wife would have anything to worry about when vacationing at a Couples resort.

One Love,
    suzyQ

The short answer is, it seems Couples keeps the A/N areas sufficiently separate from the clothed areas that if your wife decides it's not for her, you'll never know it's there. Having just been to CTI, the only area of the resort anyone can be A/N (other than the privacy of their room) is the Isle. While you can see the Isle from the resort, if you happen to see someone out there, you pretty much just see a person-shape, and no details. You know they are nude (if nothing else the lack of color from swimwear,) but no details. I believe the other resorts keep the A/N beaches sufficiently separate that you won't see people nude if you don't want, while still enjoying your vacation.

As for your wife not being comfortable with being nude, my wife was in the same boat. The truth of the matter is, once you're nude among the other nudes, no one cares. Ditto goes for guys...

Jason
    CTI first trip Nov 2011
    CTI again in: 559 days!

The number of people who visit the AN side of the resorts (been to CTI an CN) is a small minority - it's an option for the more open minded types and is NOT a pervasive part of the Couples experience.

It's great that you think your wife is hot, but I'd leave the "flaunt what you've got" mindset to the exhibitionists and voyeurs over at H2 - it's that sort of thinking that creates an atmosphere that attracts leering senior men - but to each their own. The drool will stop after a bit once your mind gets past our social conditioning that "nudity = sex" and you start seeing people more as people. Not that you ever stop enjoying looking at a beautiful body but at least you stop acting like a pubescent fool.

That said, should you choose to give it go, you will see folks of all ages, shapes, and sizes. Wanting to be "free and basking on the nude beach together" is one of the best reasons for trying. Many people go for that reason and still many others go to relax and socialize - you'll find that nudists are some of the most friendly folk you'll ever meet. Once you're naked, what do you have to lose by simply talking to someone? Though if you want to left alone, no one will bother you.

I thought that when my wife and I went to CTI last year that it was going to be a "once in a lifetime" experience yet there we were basking naked in the sun again at CN this year! And yes, we're already planning on going back next year too!

Default Island @ CTI

My girlfriend and I had our first AN experience this past may at the Island, and now we are hooked. The beauty of the Island is that it allows you to experience being nude at your own comfort level. You can grab a chair and go to the "right" and not speak to a soul and just enjoy the ocean view. Or you can hang out by the pool and socialize with the seasoned veterans. We are a younger couple (24&22) and had no problems of eyes gazing where they shouldn't. At the beginning we were shy and stayed to ourselves. Towards the end we were by the pool and walking around and talking with our new friends!! Please, don't let your worries restrict you from such an amazing experience.

*Once ya go....ya know...*

Thank you all very much for your input. I find it very encouraging. Couples sounds amazing...nude beach or not. My concerns have been laid to rest. I would never plan on springing the nude beach on my wife upon arrival. So, I'll see how receptive she is. As far as my Flaunting What You've Got comment....just a figure of speech. My modest wife is far from an exhibitionist.
    My Pubescent Fool days are long gone. I love that we could possibly go off by ourselves on the beach and not have to be self-conscious. I tried to inject some levity in a serious post and perhaps my intentions were misinterpreted. Again, thanks to all the helpful responses!

Levity is sometimes hard to inject with just text - otherwise emoticons wouldn't have been invented Sorry if I took things the wrong way, but too often I've seen (though not usually in this forum) people thinking that AN about the voyeur/exhibitionist/swinger thing and as a nudist (albeit an infrequent one) I tend to take offense to that.

You definitely don't want to spring the AN option on her. When I booked our trip to CTI, I didn't know about the AN beach on the island; I only found out after I did a little more reading as I was really just interested in changing our initial booking into an OK resort into something 4-5 star as it was our 15th wedding anniversary. I told my wife about it right away and made it is clear as I could that I wasn't trying to "pull a fast one" and that I had no expectations that we'd actually give it a go.

On our second day there we were sipping drinks at the pool bar and I joking said "So when do we go over to the island?" To which she replied "There's not enough rum in Jamaica for that to happen." We both had a good laugh and I honestly thought that was the end of it.

A drink or to two later she says "OK, we can go over to island."
    "Seriously? Are you sure you're OK with it?"
    "Yeah, when do you want to go?"

It was about 11:00 so I suggested we have an early lunch and wait until noon time as many people seemed to come back for lunch and things would less crowded -- and off we went!

Alb74,

The best suggestion I can make as far as giving the AN a try, would be as foboz said, *DON'T* spring it on her! Instead, now is the time to bring up the idea, maybe have her read a few of the threads in here to give her an idea as to what the people who visit the AN sections are like. Then, just leave the subject alone as much as possible.

Once you're at the resort, I'd say to follow the same suggestion everyone made to me and my wife, suggest what you do is, the day you arrive, you take it easy, and get settled in at the resort, maybe if you get there in time, take the resort tour. The next day, you go grab breakfast, toss on your swimsuits and cover-ups, and head for the AN section. If you go to Tower Isle, once you're on the Isle, head right to the "quiet" section, pick out a pair of loungers, and get undressed.

But, and make it abundantly clear to her before you go, if she feels uncomfortable and wants to go back, then you pack up and head back then, don't try to convince her to stay! Of course, if you're also unsure about it, let her know the same will apply to yourself. Basically, let her know that either of you can call it off at any point, even if you're on the pontoon boat heading for the Isle.

While a bit of tooting my own horn, here's a review of our first visit(s) to the Isle, and the entire thread is a good bit of reading:
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...368#post151368

Enjoy!
    Jason
    CTI first visit November 2011
    CTI return trip May 2013

Quote Originally Posted by alb74 View Post
    Thanks for any insight!
    Loose your ego Holmes! No one is going to be checking out your sub-average equipment nor leering at your wife. lol....

I was very prudish on our honeymoon at CTI (COR then) and therefore did not go (only 25 years young). Upon our return in 2004 decided to try it (now alot older and a little heavier). What a wonderful time! No one made us uncomfortable only welcome and our jaws have hurt every year since from laughter. One year we must have talked to at least 20 couples (lost count) in to coming over and everyone did. And honestly the only complaint we received is why did they wait too long orwait until the last day!

Neither of us are jealous and my husband's belief since 37 years ago is "If they are looking at my wife I have nothing to worry about - it's when they stop!" We've been married for almost 32 years and it is based on 4 things - Communication, Honesty, Trust and last but not least Alot of Sex!

Try it - the most friendliest people at the resort - we know!

Paul and Debbie

For you and your wife's situation I would suggest CSS. First before you go over for the all naturel part of the resort, go at sunset when it is the textile Sunset Beach, for a beautiful sunset, and glass of champagne. She can see for her self how large and private the area can be. If you want to socialize while in the nude there is always the bar, two areas ground and swim-up. If you want to stay to yourselves you can find an area on the beach and just enjoy the views. Dropem and I now go to CSS exclusively after going to CN the first four trips. We both love the atmosphere and things we consider extras at CSS.

Well......we are in. I'll be booking for July before the rates go up next week. Thanks again for all the feedback and encouragement.