Default What are the "3" best tours to take?

We are arriving 2 weeks from today for 14 days, and I would like to know what are the best 1 days tours to take. We have lots of ideas, but we would like to hear from the veterans. This is the 2nd year of a new yearly tradition for Shannon and I.

Negril? Ocho Rios?
    Vicky

Where are you staying?

I can't help you. My 3 best tours are walking the beach at Negril, the buffet line, and the swim up bar (beach bar). I sometimes change the order.

You didn't say where you are staying.

Where are you staying?

where are you staying?

We've done everything we like over the past 8 years. The first thing to come back was the zip line; I think it's called the Canopy Tour. The ride up the mountain in the bus is a trip in itself, especially if you have to pass another bus on those narrow dirt roads. It's safe and well done. There's nothing like zipping through the lush Jamaican countryside.

Everyone has their own preference depending on what they enjoy. That being said...
    Rockland Bird Sanctuary
    Nine Mile
    Pelican Bar
    Your mileage may vary!

Your room, the property, the bars--same for all the resorts.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by john williams View Post
    We are arriving 2 weeks from today for 14 days, and I would like to know what are the best 1 days tours to take. We have lots of ideas, but we would like to hear from the veterans. This is the 2nd year of a new yearly tradition for Shannon and I.
    We are staying in NEGRIL.

We went to CSA in 2005 and did excursions 6 out of the 7 days we were there. We did so much because we never thought we would make it back!! We did get to go back in 2010 and now again in 2013!!
    #1 would have to be the ATV's for sure!! It was such a blast and not too far from the resort. You ride up in the mountain and visit an old church. We got to see a little village and visit the kids while they were in school.
    #2 would be the Rum/Falls/Black river tour. You must do all three because any 1 by themselves isn't worth it. The rum tour is last on the trip and you get to sample several different kinds. I would recommend getting it at the airport though and not at the tour.
    We also did horseback riding and the shopping tour. I wouldn't recommend them, just because I have my own horses and I cannot stand the follow the leader stuff. The shopping tour is hard because it is a lot of vendors that smother you. We did hit the mall and I got a diamond band at a really nice jewelry store. Hope that helps

The Jungle Canopy Zipline tour through Chukka is awesome. We just did that this last Sunday. You can also add on river tubing or river kayaking to the same tour and they launch from the same spot. One year, we did the Black River Safari/YS Falls/Appleton Estate tour, which takes about the same amount of time, but you get to go through a whole part of the island that you don't see on the bus ride from the airport. Both tours were great, but you definitley get more of a workout on the Jungle Canopy tour. Honestly, after going to Pushcart on the Sunset Bar shuttle one night, we are seriously considering "bar/restaurant hopping" in Negril on our next trip. There are so many cool and famous places in Negril with great views and food, that our next tour will be less time in the cab and more time soaking up the local scene. A guy we dove with said you can ask the desk for the number to the "Bar Crawl", during which a cab takes you to a bunch of local places to check out the different experiences Negril has to offer.

hire a driver go to mayfiled falls, then head over to whitehouse and bluefileds beach ending up at the lighthouse on the cliffs west end!
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)

perlican bar and treasure beach

Take an inner tube tour down the river. You get to see the countryside on drive there and that is fun. The people who operate the tour are a blast.