Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default American Airlines

not too happy with American Airlines right now.....we were all set to arrive at CN by noon on a Friday and now they changed our flights and we won't be there until 6-7 pm! which means we miss most of a day on our vacation. Any recommendations for our next trip for a better,more reliable airlines??

Ask them to reschedule you to a flight one day earlier and stay in Mobay.

Check the ticket prices on other airlines. If they changed your time that much, you can demand a refund even if the ticket is non-refundable. They will not volunteer this, you have to be pushy. USAirways did the same thing to us for our upcoming Feb trip so I started checking and found a flight on another airline for $200 cheaper. After informing USAirways that their flight did not work for us anymore they reluctantly refunded my money after I got pushy and I promptly booked the cheaper flight with the better time.

Wow - I do feel sorry for you. We take a very early flight from Ohio at 5:25am to get to Jamaica by 10:50am and would really, really be bummed if that happened. We fly US Airways, but only because it has the early flight. In today's world the airlines just move schedules for no apparent reason and there is very little we can do. We flew them first class once to Jamaica, and I believe the service was better in economy then it was in first. Delta we got bumped off a connecting flight because our flight was late. Northwest which is now United maybe, I flew 4 times and my luggage took different trips then I did on 3 occasions, and I am always at the airport 2 hours early. So more reliable is iffy, they are all about the same anymore, looking for money without giving any service. Good Luck and only 90 days until home to CN and hoping we don't have airline issues as well.

If possible, look for charter non-stop flights. We paid almost double for our flight, but it's worth it to not have to jump around all over the country and risk losing luggage and having delays.

Oh I hear you on your flight, we will be there next Friday and they did the same thing to us..have a great time!

When Air Jamaica stopped flying out of Chicago that changed things a lot for us. Instead of arriving in MoBay in the morning, we were arriving in the afternoon because there were never any direct flights for us on the dates we were flying. I hated the thought of arriving at the resort so late in the day and basically missing the first day of our vacation at Couples. I read a suggestion on this MB and decided to follow it. Last time we flew in a day earlier and stayed overnight at a B&B in MoBay the night before. We loved doing it this way and plan to do that for all our future trips as well! This allowed us to arrive at Couples in the morning and enjoy our first full day there.

We've used Usair and haven't hand any proublem. Knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsfit View Post
    not too happy with American Airlines right now.....we were all set to arrive at CN by noon on a Friday and now they changed our flights and we won't be there until 6-7 pm! which means we miss most of a day on our vacation. Any recommendations for our next trip for a better,more reliable airlines??
    What dates and what airport are you flying out of?

Could be worse, several years ago we had reservations w/ Delta in November to Mobay and Delta decided they were not going to fly to Mobay on tuesdays, so they booked us on the same flight on Wednesday and did not even tell me. I called Delta and they would change it to Monday but we would have to pay "rack rate" for room for the extra night. I cancelled and booked USAir.

USAir will refund to you if you tell them the changed times will not work for you, not sure about AA

Sorry

I agree with ERICW! Find another flight on a different airline then call American and demand a refund. This happened to us when Air Jamaica was still in business and they first started having all of their issues.

They changed their departing time from BWI from a great morning flight to 6PM. I told them that would not work for me and politely asked for a refund. The girl hesitated, I got a bit more firm and she went ahead and refunded everything in full.

I did ...they said they don't have any.

so true! everyone is looking for money w/out earning it these days! my dad worked for United for 40 years...I remember when the airlines were a very "luxary, proud business" snacks were free, accommodations were excellent! We flew everywhere first class, even a 747 (2nd floor) first class to Hawaii....those days are long gone...sadly.

Thanks everyone!!!

Smroot, fyi, Northwest is now Delta.

We have an AA flight march 2 into MBJ at 11:40a. it is out of Miami. It looks like it is still on as of 11/19/11. We are headed to CTI till the 10th.

I'm surprised. We've always used American from Denver to Mobay...that's the plan for March. I just checked my reservation and nothing has changed...keeping my fingers crossed.

I'd call back a couple more times...maybe you'll talk to a nicer agent. Or ask for a supervisor. Good luck!!!

They all do it. It is all about them making the most money.
    Irie Mon

We are first timers and we will be flying all day 3 stops but we decided to do it all in one day. We'll be arriving late our first night (around 7pm). Is this a big issue? We figured it would be better to sleep at CSS vs in an airport then truely enjoy our first day at the resort.
    Last edited by mjleber; November 20th, 2011 at 12:56 PM.

If you look at flights for American Airlines on Expedia the early flight is booked thru them but is linked to US Airways.Our flight from Denver got changed one year with AA .Now we book thru US Airways and so far havent had a problem.

I feel for the travel problems... we once flew to the domincan on a charter and on teh way back their plane could not leave and we were put up in a resort for ~4 hours as the airport closed on us.

I now refuse to fly anything but WestJet vacations - for us canucks - I have a direct flight from Ottawa to MBJ leaving at 0600 and arriving at 1030! Westjet has plenty of planes so not worried that they will not be able to fly somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Smroot, fyi, Northwest is now Delta.
    Thanks after I posted that I thought I was mistaken. We always said Delta stood for DELayed TAkeoff.

I know what you mean Smroot. Last year for our trip to CSA, we flew us air on the way down. We left Minneapolis an hour late we were told the de-iceing truck broke down and we had a connection in Charlotte which I figured we would miss. Somehow our plane there was late too and we and our suitcase made it at the last second. Next time I hope to do a direct flight. It's so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    I know what you mean Smroot. Last year for our trip to CSA, we flew us air on the way down. We left Minneapolis an hour late we were told the de-iceing truck broke down and we had a connection in Charlotte which I figured we would miss. Somehow our plane there was late too and we and our suitcase made it at the last second. Next time I hope to do a direct flight. It's so much easier.
    Don't tell me this. Thats the flight we have this year. Leaving Minneapolis at 7:00 on the 3rd, stopping at Charlotte. Hope we don't get delayed!
    Linda

Lindad I hope you're not delayed too. One thing about Charlotte, the terminal was really small and our connection gate was just across the hallway. Good luck, Im sure it will be fine. Have a great trip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast