Thread: Trip to Negril

Default Trip to Negril

I'll be heading to Couples Negril in September. It will be my first time to the country. Will there be a bathroom break between the airport and the resort?

The driver will make a stop for guests to use the restrooms, eat, and get more beer.

I have heard of times where everyone on the bus agrees to drive straight through. However, this isn't the norm.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

Quote Originally Posted by UNLVmike View Post
    I have heard of times where everyone on the bus agrees to drive straight through. However, this isn't the norm.
    Especially since you can drink the Red Stripe at the Couples Lounge before you go!

I've been to CTI (approx 2 hour ride) and CN (approx 1 hour ride) and both times we had other people in the van and both times we did NOT stop for a break. The driver didn't even ask, either. I think we definitely would have opted to stop for more beer - that's always a good thing - but a potty break isn't necessary. They have restrooms in the Couples lounge so you have an opportunity to go before you head to the resort.

No worries, all you have to do is ask! If you are thirsty ask, if you need the facilities, ask!...

All you have to do is ask!!!
    Kristen

When we arrived in June, we had about twenty minutes between when we checked in at the Couples Lounge in the airport to when the shuttle left, which was just perfect to use the bathrooms and grab a drink at the lounge bar. Our driver stopped halfway between the airport and CN, but I've heard they often don't. However, our driver was super-nice, and I've heard good things about OTHER drivers, so if you really need to stop, don't be afraid to ask them to do so.

We stopped on the way to the resort for the bathroom.

Thanks for the replies.

Me: when are you going to CN in Sept? I had not noticed if you were on the meet-up thread for the Sept 2009 group. We are going Sept 24-29.
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

How long is the ride from the airport to CSA?

Quote Originally Posted by MissusBuffBay View Post
    How long is the ride from the airport to CSA?
    CSA is like a minute (Jamacain driving minute that is ) from CN. Honestly, the moment I got on the plane to Jamaica I stopped looking at a clock. The drive over has lots of neat things to see-the little towns, the countryside, the ocean etc. We had some wicked rain on our drive over so that added to the fun! They say it's about an hour and a half but I never checked a clock and never thought about "how long until I get there". I was in Jamaica and as far as I was concerned I was on vacation already so it didn't matter

If it was an hour and a half I think that was because of the rain more than anything else. We did stop at a bar to use the potty and get beer/food but we were there maybe 10 mins. The drive wasn't really a big deal...or at least it wasn't for me!
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25