Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can she wear that?

My wife and I are going to the CTI in June and I was wondering if she can wear her thong bikini at the main beach/pool. If it is okay, does anyone think it will be inappropriate for any reason? I mean this is adults only! . Thank you in advance for input.

I've seen those type bathing suits at the pool and on the beach of all 4 of the resorts. I don't know if there is an official policy but I would say yes it's just fine.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

As long as she wears the top then it should be ok - topless is only allowed at the end of the pier at CTI.

Mad about tennis

CTI is a beautiful resort, you made a great choice! But, as I'm sure others will say, why don't you go out to the island on your first day, 9am, then decide if you'll be bothering with those pesky bathing suits at all after that. I promise you won't regret it. I would never wear a bikini, much less, a thong, but for some reason, which I do not understand, I feel perfectly as ease on the island with my bits and pieces out there. I am not a size 6 or even a size 16 but I am comfortable AN on the island. The people are the best you'll ever meet and if you don't have a great time you can tell me so when you come back. Have fun and enjoy, you'll be in paradise after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Islandfever View Post
    My wife and I are going to the CTI in June and I was wondering if she can wear her thong bikini at the main beach/pool. If it is okay, does anyone think it will be inappropriate for any reason? I mean this is adults only! . Thank you in advance for input.
    The better question might be SHOULD she wear it, not CAN she wear it!

Wear what you like mon... it's YOUR TIME!

I like that idea! I just figure when we 'have to' be on the main land, she can still wear the least amount possible! Ha!

Women in thong =
    Men in thong =

Well as a WOMAN I would much rather see a MAN in a Thong than a women in a Thong.....JUST saying.....Heheheheheheh

It is all OK as long as the parts are covered.
    Irie Mon

Is the topless area on the main island or the tower isle?

Quote Originally Posted by JPinCincy View Post
    Women in thong =
    Men in thong =
    I don't understand that mentality. Why the double standard. Ok to be naked, but wearing a thong not ok?

Okay, to take this another step further, my beautiful wife-to-be has been ordering bikinis from Wicked Weasel and the like for our honeymoon trip to CTI in March. Much smaller than most bikinis, but it's what she loves. However, SOME are "sheer-ish" or a mesh kind of material. Not over the top like she's wrapped in saran wrap or anything, but noticeable. Do you think she'll be getting the nasty-eye from anyone or be told to cover up? We plan on spending most of our time on the island anyway, but when we're back, this is what she'd like to wear. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendy View Post
    Okay, to take this another step further, my beautiful wife-to-be has been ordering bikinis from Wicked Weasel and the like for our honeymoon trip to CTI in March. Much smaller than most bikinis, but it's what she loves. However, SOME are "sheer-ish" or a mesh kind of material. Not over the top like she's wrapped in saran wrap or anything, but noticeable. Do you think she'll be getting the nasty-eye from anyone or be told to cover up? We plan on spending most of our time on the island anyway, but when we're back, this is what she'd like to wear. Your thoughts?
    Hopefully someone can answer your question because I went to the wicked weasel website and I think my wife would look pretty hot on one of those as well!😄

We just kinda wanted to know if there was some "policy" or anything that says no. My fiance has flat out said that it's a honeymoon gift for me to wear something like that whenever we're not out on the island, and no one is going to stop her. It's a place for couples to do things for each other, and this is what she wants to do for me. God I love her! I'm under the impression that as long as "bits" are covered (although they will prob be somewhat visible) that it's cool. I'll tell ya, I usually hate shopping, but this seems to have engaged me somewhat, lol!

Since my previous response I have looked at the wicked weasel website and would say that if you wife were to wear the extremely small or 'sheer-ish' beachwear advertised on that site either on the main beach or around the pools, she would indeed be asked to cover up.

As stated on the Couples website, at CTI topless bathing is only allowed at the end of the pier and nude only on the island. The sheer see-thro' swimwear shown on the wicked weasel website is no different to being topless or fully nude. I would suggest that you stick with au natural on the island and cover up around the beach, pools etc around the hotel, as I'm sure you wouldn't want to offend other guests who are not as broadminded as yourself and nor would you want to be asked to cover up.

Mad about tennis

I'm not saying she'd be wearing the fully see through ones (like saran wrap as I mentioned before) just something more revealing than she'd be wearing at home around the family. And chances are that they will be SOMEWHAT sheer. I know that they are going to be worn while on the main land, and I'd like to think that people at an adults-only, couples-only resort will be mature enough to deal with it. We have no intention of bringing "Hedo-wear" or having her wear three band-aids as an outfit, nor are we trying to shock any other guests. Just trying to have fun. I'm sure we're not the only couple that like to do something like this while on vacation.

I have worn the WW suits at all 4 Couples resorts. I will warn you, though... The ones that say they are "sheer" when wet are TOTALLY COMPLETELY AND IN ALL OTHER WAYS TRANSPARENT when wet. I was uncomfortable wearing those at the pool/beach. I was not at ALL uncomfortable in the regular WW suits at the pool/beach at CTI (or any other resorts) and in fact, went topless several times out on the pier at CTI and the beaches at other resorts.

HTH.
    Vee
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

She can wear whatever she wants. You will see a variety of swimwear on the regular beach in my experience. I have never seen anyone asked to cover up their skimpy swimwear.

I believe it's at the end of the long wharf.....

We were at Negril last Dec, and there were two ladies wearing ww suits, and another in a "lace" top and bottom. Water made no difference, but there was little left to the imagination. 20 of us in the hot tub, no one said a thing, she wore that suit three times that week. Her husband had a smile on his face all week.

There was a woman at CTI last year that had one of the sheer when wet suits. No one said anything to her although it was at the end of the day, so maybe by then, no one cared. Topless at the end of the pier only at CTI.
    Vicky

Hendy,
    Why something more revealing than she would wear at home? Why does she have to reveal at all?

No one is saying that she HAS to, she just wanted to as a treat for me on our honeymoon. We usually vacation with family and just wanted to make things a little more exciting as this is our first trip ALONE together. We just like doing things for each other like this. Is there something you find wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by MRSJALINSKI View Post
    Hendy,
    Why something more revealing than she would wear at home? Why does she have to reveal at all?
    Because when you're on a romantic vacation in the Caribbean, at a Couples-only resort, where you don't know anyone, you can let loose a little. And it's liberating.

To Islandfever and Hendy, as many have already said, she should wear whatever she wants. The majority of the guests will not be worried about what anyone is wearing and they'll be focused on their partners, which is as it should be.

I say if she has the body to wear a WW well, go for it. I'm certainly not going to complain, love WW's!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast