Default CSS best suite with ocean view

We have been to CN, but are considering CSS this time. We have a group of 4 couples going to CSS (I think) in April 2010. We are going to book our suites this weekend. I have looked at all of the photos and read much on the MB, but still need some input from people that have been to CSS. My wife and I are looking for the suite type with the best ocean views and is not in a noisy area. Also we would like to have a mini bar. We are considering one of the Penthouse suites. Do the Penthouse suites have the better view over the Beachfront and the Ocean suites? If so, which block or room would be the best to request? Thanks...

The Ocean suites are the only ones that really don't have a view of any kind. The view at the Beachfront are of course of the beach/ocean. The Ocean Veranda, one bedroom ocean suites, and the penthouse all overlook the ocean. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean suite in December 2008, and loved the view. Their was some foilage on one side of the picture, but it only made the view of the ocean that much better. I haven't decreased the size of that picture, so I can't upload it here, but if you would like it, you can e-mail me at lldeg at verizon dot net.
    Linda

We got married at CSS a couple of weeks ago and had the best time ever - you've made a great choice! We had room G15a, in the furthest block from the beach up in the cliffs which means plenty of walking (not a bad thing with all the amazing food and drink!) but we thought our view was spectacular! All rooms have minibars. Our balcony was huge too, perfect for room service breakfast and for watching the sunset.

One of the beautiful things about CSS is that all rooms have oceanviews, all rooms have minibars, and all rooms include room service all 3 meals.

We have been to CN and had a Gardenveiw room both trips, and booked a 1 bdrm suite w/balcony at CSS we were in G block which is the furthest away from everything, but it also means lots of steps. The one bdrm with oceanview is a large suite with a large balcony.

The Beachfronts are located close to all the action.... the location is the big draw to these rooms, central and not alot of steps.

Do a virtual tour of each of the rooms including the Penthouses, honestly I did not see them to be worth the extra money.

We are returning to CSS in April and will choose 1 bdrm w/balcony. We will be traveling with 3 other couples, each of them need to do the virtual tours and decide which category fits them best.

To answer your question, G block is the highest and the furthest away...... There are very good views from there, BUT there are also very good views from D and E block which are in the middle, but G is still the farthest away.

Do all rooms in D and E block have good views?? What if you are on the first floor - is the view bad from there? Is the view from block G much better than the view from block D and E? Thanks!!

Linus,

Every room has a view, which one is best is all a matter of opinion. Each view is different, but EVERY room has a view of the ocean!

You can request a block, but there is never a guaranty of getting it.

Honestly all the views from all the rooms at CSS at great ocean views. If you want that spectacular sweeping pamoramic view yep G at the top has it!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club