Default Swim test for scuba cert at CSA

What is required in the swim test to get scuba certified at CSA? How long/hard is it? What type of swimming? I am heading to CSA in January 2012 and would love to scuba and get my certification while there.

It's like 4 crawlstroke laps in a small pool. Very simple, easy stuff. Although, I love the way you worded your 2nd question! I feel bad saying it's not very long or hard!
    Last edited by dank120; November 30th, 2011 at 06:12 PM.

For the initial dive, it was simple. 4 lengths of a small pool, and then you had to demonstrate some basic skills with the equipment on. Certification will involve more skills being completed, but as far as a swim test, not sure it applies other than the initial trial dive.

4 laps of their pool, freestyle swimming, roughly 200 yards. not timed.
    Certification is $365.00us dollars. need medical clearance. form is available on this site.

It isn't very long or hard, per se. However, you must keep your head under water. I found it difficult to hold my breath for that long and had to repeat the test on another day after practicing on my own.

Hi Playinthesand,
    Love your screen name. Re scuba certified... first there is the resort course which is included and includes the pool work with the 4 laps in the pool as mentioned, several basic skills and a shallow water dive. For certification you will need 4 dives which includes additional skills and the written exam. The shallow water dive that is part of the resort course counts as one of the 4 dives. You can do it all while there or you can do the written exam prior to arriving. I just returned from doing the certification at CN (same requirements as CSA), and did mine in two days including the written exam. (Since I did not take the resort course when I first got there, I had to compress into two days -- suggest that you take at the beginning of your stay and then you can spread out the process, especially the written exam portion. You will enjoy...