Default Passports anyone??

Just a quick reminder to check your passports for the expiry dates! You don't want to be caught with an expired passport just a couple of weeks prior to departure.

With the Christmas shopping season here the renewal costs can put a crimp in your style as well so it is best to budget the MOST important things first!!! We just had to put out about $220.00 for both of ours to be renewed. I thought it was best to have both of ours renewed at the same time even though mine did not expire until December 2012.

With my luck I could see myself forgetting to get mine renewed next summer and being really 'up a creek' when we wanted to travel.

I was thinking about writing the same post as you after I discovered recently that our passports will expire in January. I don't want to think about what could have happened if I had discovered that when it was too late. If you do run into a time problem in renewing your passport, there are ways to expedite the process, but they all cost even more money than the $110 per passport fee, which I think is a lot!

And make sure the "safe place" you put the passports is not so safe you can't find them. Checking the passports is our 100 days check point stop.

In the process of moving a few years back, I misplaced my passport a week before we left for CSS and had to get an expedited replacement for a lost passport, a process I would recommend everyone avoid!

I start having dreams about forgetting my passport at home and frantically having to run home and get it and missing my flight. This happens every trip, and usually starts about a few months before we leave. With 104 days till we return I am expecting the Passport dream to start....

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15