We're heading to CSA in a few days, and everything about the forecast looks about as we expected: mid-80's during the day; mid-70s at night, and a chance of rain every day. What surprised me a little is the wind forecast, which shows ranges from 14-18 mph each of the next 10 days. I'm certainly not worried about some breeze, but I am a bit concerned about red flag days and our ability to dive.
Anyone know whether this is so high that we're likely to have a problem, or whether this falls within a "normal" range? Thanks in advance! -- Rick
We had the same forecast from 11/18-11/28, and while it was a little breezier than our last 2 visits, we had no issues affecting diving or beach conditions. It was a little rough getting back onto the boat sometimes, but after a couple dives, you are so used to it, you don't even noticed. It's not a choppy sea, in fact, there were very few white caps. It was more of slow rolling swells of a couple feet in height. Sometimes, it was actually windier on the land than it was at sea, which is unusual, but we didn't miss a dive for 8 days straight. The breeze was nice at the resort, and you definitely notice when it goes away. We were at CN, but the resorts are only 2 miles apart and use all the same dive spots. No worries!
We go to CN every December... Last year and in 2008, we had the worst winds. Disclaimer -- I spend more time checking the local & connecting weather here to make sure we don't get snowed in and can't leave or miss connections. Not sure if the wind speed is considered "normal".
I talked to the CN Dive Shop today. They had a norther blow in Tuesday and haven't been out. They are hoping to go out tomorrow.
This was from the first part of our trip last year. It only lasted for a day or so, and the rest of the trip was great!