Hybrid View

Default Catamaran Cruise

I get seasick fairly easy, is this boat ride one that I should avoid? or is it pretty tame? Thanks so much!

Oh and I heard they have self serve ice cream machines, is that true?

Take the medication and you should be ok, the waters around Negril are not typically very rough, if it is a rough day avoid it.

Yep self serve ice cream, it's all good in Jamaica mon!!!!

I love boats and ships of every size and description, have done the cat cruise from CTI twice, and wouldn't recommend it whether you get seasick or not. It just isn't that much fun-maybe the Negril one is better.

Catamaran Cruise at CTI should be OK if you take the medication. No self service on this boat. They have a rum drink.
    Irie Mon

I don't get seasick, but I've been on catamaran cruises where people did get seasick but the Couples catamaran cruise is not like that at all! The waters are calm and the boat doesn't go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah&Andrew View Post
    ...The waters are calm...
    We have been on the cat cruise when the water was choppy once you get out to the channel and several people had to be moved to the back of the boat because they were getting sick. Just a tip, while rough water is rare, it can happen - take the medicine just to be safe.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Don't miss the catamaran cruise. We did it from CSA and it was one of the highlights of our trip. We'd have done it twice if we knew it was that much fun, we did it our last day there. The ride was wonderful and you can pretty much sit anywhere you like. The scenery is beautiful and the caves were amazing to swim in. The staff on the boat makes it alot of fun too. I can hear the music playing and taste the rum punch now.

I loved the Cat Cruise. Being on bigger boats gets me a tad bit sick. I sat on the side and looked forward the entire time. I also didn't drink because that has a tendancy to make my tummy a little weird. So, I just drank water. Once we anchored in "No problem" cove we had a ball and I swam and felt fine. The front of the boat caught most of the waves and they got wet. I was on the side. A lady was in the back because she gets seasick, but the fumes from the engine were increasing her nauseous feeling. You can certainly move around the boat whie it's in motion.

There are ice cream machines at CTI but if anyone else experienced it, um...it's hot-so the ice cream doesn't last long. I had two ice cream cones and couldn't handle the chocolate milk running down my arm. SO I just ate nacho's instead.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmm View Post
    I get seasick fairly easy, is this boat ride one that I should avoid? or is it pretty tame? Thanks so much!

Oh and I heard they have self serve ice cream machines, is that true?
    lilmm just make sure you wear your hair pulled back ..... and all should be good ...

Don't go unless you take sea sickness medication and don't go at all it the sea is rough regardless if Ocho Rios or Negril. You will feel motion even on the calmest day. I personally LOVE the Cool Jazz Cat cruise from CTI the best of all of them. It's more of a party boat with dancing than the Negril cruises.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

If you have sea sickness problems, avoid the self - serve ice cream immediately prior to your catamaran cruise.
    nobody's favorite poster

Default Sea-sickness

I get sick every time on ANY boat, porch swing, switchback road, etc. but have finally found the solution! A woman I met on the ferry going to Cozumel recommended this to me a few years back and IT REALLY WORKS. Even the show on TV called "Myth Busters" verified it.

I bought this herb at the GNC store called GINGER ROOT. Take two capsules 15 mins. prior to getting on any boat and you'll be fine. No other medications ever worked for me but this does.

IT REALLY WORKS - GIVE IT A TRY!

Quote Originally Posted by warmweatherfriend View Post
    I get sick every time on ANY boat, porch swing, switchback road, etc. but have finally found the solution! A woman I met on the ferry going to Cozumel recommended this to me a few years back and IT REALLY WORKS. Even the show on TV called "Myth Busters" verified it.

I bought this herb at the GNC store called GINGER ROOT. Take two capsules 15 mins. prior to getting on any boat and you'll be fine. No other medications ever worked for me but this does.

IT REALLY WORKS - GIVE IT A TRY!
    a word of warning ! Some folks may experience a severe bout of stool softning similar to certain articial sweetners so becareful you may prevent the purge from one portal but may trigger a quick exit from another

I got a good chuckle out of the "word of warning"! Luckily, I didn't experience THAT and I've used the ginger root many times. Guess one could always take Immodium to correct THAT particular issue if it occurs...heehee...I take a few capsules of everything when I travel...I like to be prepared to try and correct any ailment that arises unexpectedly...

Mrs. dirtleg is much into herbs and natural supplements. She swears by ginger for motion sickness or a queasy stomach. She takes a capsule before the cat cruise as well as flying and for long trips in the car.
    The cat cruise is a gas. The crew is entertaining and fun to talk to.

Don't forget to drop a sawbuck in the tip jar! The cat cruise is one of the few places you are encouraged to leave a tip as they are contracted by Couples and not employees.

Have a great trip!

Hi guys - we will be at csa for 2 weeks at the start of December - is there a limit to the amount of times you can go on the cat cruise - once a week or once per stay or just unlimited subject to demand?? many thanks.

As long as you sign up and there is room, you will be welcome!! Have fun
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz n Mike View Post
    Hi guys - we will be at csa for 2 weeks at the start of December - is there a limit to the amount of times you can go on the cat cruise - once a week or once per stay or just unlimited subject to demand?? many thanks.
    It's unlimited, subject to demand. You have to sign-up ahead of time. If you have already done it once, but there are others on the list who haven't then they would get priority if the boat were to be full. Have fun!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz n Mike View Post
    If you are there for two weeks I think you should have about a half dozen opportunities to make the cruise. You will be welcome to go on all of them if you wish, all you have to do is sign up.

Kaz n Mike,

The Catamaran (rum run) cruise is first come - first fill. You sign up the day of the cruise and when they run out of room...no more people. You can go as many times as you'd like during your stay.

Have fun!!

Bart & Bug

I don't think there's a limit (other than ship capacity). DW says next time we go, we're doing it every time it goes out!

Since it seems that many people are referring to "take the medication" is it given out at CTI?

I've been a couple of times and I get sea sick each time.
    Jumping off and swimming works wonders!!
    Once you get back on the boat you will feel relieved!