Default So disappointed...

I was going to book a vacation to CTI on Black Friday, but I talked to my brother on Thanksgiving and he was thinking about booking also. I told him I would wait until Monday. When I called the travel agent back on Monday, she tried to book but the flights had gone up $300.00!! per person. How crazy is that?! Oh, and the TA said they were listing it as a SALE! We might have to go to Mexico now. I am so disappointed because I have been reading the posts on this board and all of the fantastic comments on tripadvisor and was so excited about going to CTI. Hopefully the airlines will straighten out a bit. Wish me luck!

We booked for CTI 7/2012 in 4/2011. We still haven't booked our flights. Flights just jumped, but I think they will come back down after the holidays.
    Vicky

Tamiblonde,
    Just book the resort and work on the airfare later. We booked CSA back in June for April 2012 and did the airfare at the same time, what a mistake. We booked our airfare on AA and now that Airtran has published their schedules and rates we are paying over $300 more than necessary. Our TA more or less said "TOO BAD"

Mick

Just had my flight jump $80, now back down 30. We have decided tohold out. It's good to know we aren't the only ones!

There is a lesson to be learned here...NEVER WAIT! We book our flights as far in advance as possible. Have we seen fairs go down? Sometimes. But it is good to know that you are in.

We ALWAYS use Expedia, ALWAYS get better rates than a TA.

tamiblonde...a good TA ought to be willing to watch prices for you for a while and let you know if/when they change. Ask and see or watch them yourself and call when they meet your desired point...as others said, airfares are in constant flux.

The best thing to do is to decide what you are willing to pay for the trip, book when prices are at your "goal" and then don't look back. I generally keep checking them just out of curiousity but I won't allow myself to regret booking if they drop...no one can predict the future and it could have gone the other way so be happy you are going at all.

Seriously maddening! Next day up $60 more dollars! I don't get it. Just curious, why do you think they'll go down after the holidays? I'd love to hold out in hopes of a lower fare, but it's cutting it close. Any insight from those that travel around Jan feb? What should I do?

I've never flown airtran, but from the reviews I've heard from others is that they nickle and dime you for everything, even water. You're probably just as well off going with whatever airline you booked.
    Quote Originally Posted by mick7602 View Post
    Tamiblonde,
    Just book the resort and work on the airfare later. We booked CSA back in June for April 2012 and did the airfare at the same time, what a mistake. We booked our airfare on AA and now that Airtran has published their schedules and rates we are paying over $300 more than necessary. Our TA more or less said "TOO BAD"

Mick

Every all-inclusive we book, we do through funjet.com, spirit.com, or cheapcaribbean.com, and flights are part of the package so we don't have to worry about it. Total piece of mind
    ~01.24.07 the first day of the rest of our lives ~ 04.22.07 "i love you" ~ 04.29.09 move into our first place ~ 06.07.11 will you marry me? ~ 01.22.12 mr & mrs. <3 ~ 01.26.12-02.04.12 COUPLES NEGRIL!~
    http://alyssananglephotography.smugmug.com/

I have found and others also have said the best days to book are Tuesday or Wednesday. For some reason the airlines lower rates those days, but seem to raise them again. I was planning a trip with my sisters and we were going to book on the weekend, but then was doing a little more discussion on the time of the return flight, and ended up waiting until Wednesday. The flight dropped a hundred dollars for a flight that was originally 300. We booked them then, and by the weekend I checked again, and they were back up to the original price.

Who knows what the thought process of the airlines is.
    Linda

Check out cheap carribean. Just booked cti for hundreds less than any other site