Default CSA - Too much focus on health?

So, me and my girlfriend have just booked our trip to CSA. We have previously stayed at CN. I am now reading (not told to us by our travel agent) that CSA is focused on health. Aside from the huge sports complex and the health bar, is there really a heavy stress on health?

We like to be healthy, but also on vacation not really think about it, especially when eating and drinking. Are the bars the same (featuring same alcohol) as the other couples? Will the restaurant menus be limited? We like the breakfast buffets including bacon, sausage, etc. and for lunch/dinner like to really eat whatever is good.

Any help would be great - thanks!

-Scott

We were in April and didn't notice anything. We laid on the beach pretty much the entire week and didn't feel any pressure to engage in activities. The food and drink offered was great, there was everything you would expect whether it is healthy or not.

Not to worry, there isn't a heavey stress on anything other than having a great time with your love. I gained 8lbs on our last vaction, a pound a day!!!!! How many calories are in a dirty banana anyway?

Nothing to worry about. Fat people go there too and have fun... LOL

The only answer I can make to your question, Scott, is to say that on our last trip, despite an exhaustive workout each morning, I STILL managed to gain 5 lbs.
    The food ROCKS -- and it's abundant. In fact, if you didn't cross the street to the sports complex, I doubt you'd even know that CSA is "health focused."

Enjoy!
    Vee
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Awesome - thanks! Can't wait!! Bring on the LBS!

The health focus is they have the best sports complex in Negril if not in Jamaica. It is there to use if you want but no one is going to push you to use it, matter of fact it may be pretty deserted if you do. It is across the road and you know the saying, out of sight out of mind. I laugh at the weight gains, not because they gained weight, but the fact that is the exact amount 8lbs, my wife and I each gain every trip and we swear we are eating less, drinking less and walking the beach more. I wonder if sunlight, white sand and clear waters makes you gain????

We went to CSA last year and I gained 6 pounds. Does that sound like a health resort to you?? You can definitely eat healthy while you're there, and make use of the sports complex if you want to, but by no means is it pushed on you. You purposefully have to seek out the sports complex, and while there is a veggie bar, they also make some great fish tacos complete with guacamole and sour cream. And the bars serve just about any kind of liquor you could want.

I think the "focus on health" goes back to the original days of the resort (before Couples owned it), and is reinforced by the various travel books.

That being said - I'm a large fellow, and didn't have any problems feeling like I was at a "health-and-fitness camp." The facilities were there, but they weren't the primary focus. We primarily enjoyed the beach and sea (and the bars!)

And, that being said, I usually lose weight, because I'm doing more walking, swimming, etc. while I'm there!

We just returned from CSA last week. Your vacation is what you make it in terms of healthy or not. You can utilize the gym facilities or choose to act they aren't even there. We didn't use them for the first 3 days and then decided to resume our usual evening workouts that we tend to do at home. It was wonderful!!! The classes they offer are fun and energetic and facilities are very well kept. Also, the bar on at the gym offers Vitamin water and healthy smoothies/shakes. I really missed those from home and was pleasantly surprised to find them. My hubby was pleasantly surprised to find a big screen with sports on!!!!! So it was a win/win; we'd workout, grab a healthy drink and then enjoy a game of pool or watch some sports for a few. We cannot wait to go back!!!!!!!!!

It better not be because I am going! HEHEHEHEHEHE HOHOHOHOHOH LOLOLOLOLOLOL

All of the Couples resorts have fitness rooms and healthy dining options. CSA, though, does have the most extensive fitness center. This does not mean that the focus at CSA is on health; rather, for us it means that CSA is the right option because we like to work out every morning. Then we eat and drink til we drop!! Couples is all about providing options. Want a huge lap pool and 10 tennis courts? Choose CSA! Want to chill on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world? Choose CSA! Want to have some of the best meat patties, jerk chicken, fish tacos, pumpkin soup, marlin dip, snapper sandwiches, Thai sampler platter (I could go on an on here), choose CSA!

Just don't go across the road to the fitness area. That's where all the health nuts are. hehehe.
    No, seriously, I think CSA attracts more fitness buffs just because it does have that great fitness area, but you won't feel out of place just laying on the beach having drinks. There will be many others joining you

The reason you may focus on health when there is the huge amount of food you will eat. We just came back and although we have now done all four Couples Resorts and CTI is still our favorite, CSA has some great food and restaurants. We ate far too much.

We prefer CN...but I sure wish we could use the fitness area at CSA (though Wayne in Negril is the greatest!!!).

i have never had and issue with workouts at Swept Away vs relaxing. i have been able to do many 12 oz curls in the room and many reps with lowers weights at various spots around the property.

go relax, enjoy Swept Away

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com