Thread: Fishing???

Default Fishing???

is fishing included at any of the resorts? What type?

No, it's not part of the inclusions. On the Negril side, there are smaller boats always lingering around the beaches that will take you out or you can get in a nicer boat with an outfit like Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing. Not sure what they have available through the Tour Desks, but you can call the 800#, ask for the Front Desk at any of the resorts, and they can get you over to the Tour Desk. They're very helpful.

We are curious about this also. We just went a couple weeks ago in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico but it was so rough we ended up extremely sick the whole time, and nothing was biting the entire day. We'd love to make up the disappointing trip on our honeymoon if possible. What kind of fish would we catch in Negril, and if we do catch anything, where/how would we get it cooked? And how is the ocean normally, calm or no?
    ~01.24.07 the first day of the rest of our lives ~ 04.22.07 "i love you" ~ 04.29.09 move into our first place ~ 06.07.11 will you marry me? ~ 01.22.12 mr & mrs. <3 ~ 01.26.12-02.04.12 COUPLES NEGRIL!~
    http://alyssananglephotography.smugmug.com/

I know the smaller boat at CN was $50 to go out and fish, we didn't but it would have been fun I think. I am sure you can get someone at CN to cook them or maybe even walk down to Office of Nature and they will fix it for you for a fee.

I know the smaller boat at CN was $50 to go out and fish, we didn't but it would have been fun I think. I am sure you can get someone at CN to cook them or maybe even walk down to Office of Nature and they will fix it for you for a fee.

So, is the boata Couples boat or owned by a local fisherman? does the resort provide equipment? Do you know if the other resorts aslo offer these small boats for taking out fishing?

Default OK, herers the scoop

Hi ,

We have been to couples Negril for 11 yrs now, will be back in 3 weeks for out 12th trip. We have fished every year.

The first two times we went out with Stanley, professional charter out of Negril. Arrainge trhough the tour desk, As I remember was about $450 for 6 hours, boat can take 6 comfortably, not many more.

Remember, its fishing, not catching, its all the luck of the draw. One trip we caught some tuna, about 10 lbs or so, the second trip we didnt catch anything but watched the dolphims around the boat .

The other years I skipped the large charter and go out with the local fisherman, There are many along the beach. They charge $50/hr, to go out in what I would calll a 30 ft canoe. Sometimes we caught fish, sometimes not, buit we always had a blast. These guys know the island, are locals, and make thier living this way. If you catch anything you can bring it back to the resort and they will cook it up, or you can just give it to the fisherman, he will take home to his familiy or sell it.

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by CouplesVirgin2012 View Post

So, is the boata Couples boat or owned by a local fisherman? does the resort provide equipment? Do you know if the other resorts aslo offer these small boats for taking out fishing?
    Steve & Cindy answered it for you. The guys are fun to talk to.

My husband went fishing in August in Negril. We were staying at CN and he hired a man who was driving up and down the beach. The boat's name was King Shango. He caught 2 blackfin tuna while trolling. He had a great time.