Default Cigarette guy at Couples Negril

I just read a post that said that the guy on the beach that say " it's gonna be hot, hot,hot!" has passed away...Is that true? Is the cigarette guy from CN really gone? It's just not going to be same without him...he was part of the charm of the beach at CN.

No, No, No! He's just fine! He's also selling sunshades now as well as "cigarettes, cigaaaars"! Last week he was doing a song and dance bit with one of the beach singers, Donovan (who's is really quite good!). No worries, mon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela and Jason View Post
    I just read a post that said that the guy on the beach that say " it's gonna be hot, hot,hot!" has passed away...Is that true? Is the cigarette guy from CN really gone? It's just not going to be same without him...he was part of the charm of the beach at CN.
    I totally agree. If it is true, most of us will miss him. I watch him on youtube when I need a likkle taste of the beach.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

If the hot......hot......hot..... guy has passed, it was just in the last few days. He was there the first few days of Dec.

It is not True !! we are at Couples Negril now and He walked by at least a half a dozen times today !!!

OUCH... sad!

Quote Originally Posted by gozzy View Post
    It is not True !! we are at Couples Negril now and He walked by at least a half a dozen times today !!!
    Great news.....He's part of the atmosphere....he would be missed.....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Oh Thank God he's okay! I saw that in another post and I thought it can't be...we would have heard more about it on the message board!

Where are all these rumors coming from?

So good to hear he is alive and well!!!

His name is Andre - happen to know that because that's my name, too! When we were last there, he told me he was sweet on the clerk who works at the convenience store next to the airstrip. Great guy!

I read that too. Wasn't there another cigarette guy walkng the beach at CN? Maybe it was him. Not that the news is any less sad if it was.

But this is the guy I remember most....
    Name:  CN cigar man.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  47.5 KB

The Man who passed away was named Carlton, I believe. He didn't sell cigarettes he was the one with the megaphone who walked up and down the beach advertising Bourbon Beach.

This is a short clip of the HOT HOT HOT man who passed away this year. He will be missed by many!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoBME...eature=related

The gentlemen in the picture above and on the you tube video is Andre and he is most definitely alive and well, I was just communicating with him last evening

Sad to here about Carlton, we chuckled when ever he walked by us.

Thanks for the pic of Andre JJ, we met him and walked up the beach to the Office of Nature with him while we were staying at a neighboring resort. He seemed like a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lclinefla View Post
    So....on your first trip there are you not able to do a day pass to check out one of the other resorts?
    That's the only thing you CAN do on your first visit.