Default Is there music by the pool or beach at CN?

Just wondering if we will need our iPads for light music while sunbathing, or if there will be some provided? We definitely don't want crazy loud clubby music, but some soft, relaxing, tropical music would be nice
    ~01.24.07 the first day of the rest of our lives ~ 04.22.07 "i love you" ~ 04.29.09 move into our first place ~ 06.07.11 will you marry me? ~ 01.22.12 mr & mrs. <3 ~ 01.26.12-02.04.12 COUPLES NEGRIL!~
    http://alyssananglephotography.smugmug.com/

If you already have your iPads, you can probably just make that call when you get there. There are popular reggae tunes being played at various locations throughout the resort, primarily, near the Beach Grill Bar and Pool Bar. You do get a great wifi signal on most of the beach, and last month, there were a lot of people using their tablets to read. And, don't forget about the various musicians (and the ceeeggarrrettte guy) walking up and down the beach!

Bring your own. The only music you will hear on the beach is made by nature or the traveling beach musicians who will play for tips only if you ask. Actually they make up part of the beach environment for me and are pretty entertaining. Enjoy.

Take your ipod and use your earphones. One person's music is another person's nightmare!

No problem, there is music provided about every 5 minutes throughout the day. Just park yourself closer to the water and bring along a few buck. Much more entertaining than anything you could have on your iPad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obiwG...e_gdata_player

But seriously, there is music at the pool bar which can be heard within the immediate pool area.

Default music all day

Ya' Mon, all reggae all day. It's great!
    TonyS

Music is not supplied. Might want to use splitter and head phones

Typically they play soft, relaxing, tropical music through the coconut trees on the beach, it is amazing actually!

There was vintage reggae and mellower dancehall playing at the main pool - which we could also hear on the beach - when we were there in '08, but the same rotation gets played over and over and may get stale after a few days.

Sounds good, thanks all! (Don't worry, headphones were a given - I'm not going to be "that" person)
    ~01.24.07 the first day of the rest of our lives ~ 04.22.07 "i love you" ~ 04.29.09 move into our first place ~ 06.07.11 will you marry me? ~ 01.22.12 mr & mrs. <3 ~ 01.26.12-02.04.12 COUPLES NEGRIL!~
    http://alyssananglephotography.smugmug.com/

Music is played but whether you can hear it on the beach depends on where you are, the ambient noise (waves, wind, sea birds, strolling musicians and vendors, etc.) and, apparently your hearing.

If music is that important to you, you should probably bring your own player (side note - I agree with Dawn about bringing your headphones/earphones. Last year there was a gal sitting in the lifeguard stand playing her boombox loudly and singing even louder. Must've thought she was the grooviest in the world - she was not. Don't be her.)

For some reason some people report that they don't hear music while on the beach, though we always do, even if faintly. For the record there are speakers at the main bar and restaurant (Cassava), 4 speakers at the poolbar and 6 speakers at the beachgrill and bar.

When Ivelyn is working she puts music on at the pool bar. On her off days it is hit or miss.....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"