Default Air Traffic Controller status

I'm trying to find out if there has been any recent news about possible air traffic controller strikes coming up....we will be heading to CSS January 9-14.

My husband and I were unfortunate to get caught up in this as we were headed to CSS for our honeymoon in May. We were about a 1/2 hour-45 minutes from landing in Montego Bay when our captain radioed that we weren't going to be able to land, entered a holding pattern and then ulitmately had to return back to the Charlotte airport. We were fortunate enough to be able to rebook our trip, but unfortunate that we weren't able to proceed on our honeymoon and have had to wait until January.

My husband and I are both eager to make it to CSS to enjoy our honeymoon we missed out on! If anyone has heard any rumblings about a potential strike, please let me know! 8-)

I did a lot of checking around and haven't heard anything about this. Only information I found was the strike back in May 2011

Thanks so much traveler99! I hadn't been able to come up with anything either, but wanted to double check every possible outlet! 8-)

Omg Kewaters - that is awful! I'm so glad you are getting to go next month, but I can't imagine how upset you must've been in May!!
    ~01.24.07 the first day of the rest of our lives ~ 04.22.07 "i love you" ~ 04.29.09 move into our first place ~ 06.07.11 will you marry me? ~ 01.22.12 mr & mrs. <3 ~ 01.26.12-02.04.12 COUPLES NEGRIL!~
    http://alyssananglephotography.smugmug.com/

We are as well! It was very frustrating, to say the least. But, we took it in stride and worked with our agent to reschedule the trip. Then, instead of flying to another resort (the airline had offered to fly us anywhere in the Caribbean for free) we decided to return home and went on a Midwest, week-long road trip to St. Louis and Louisville. Not quite what we had pictured our honeymoon being, but we were able to spend it together and that's really what counted for us 8-)

However......we are so looking forward to the sun, sand and cold drinks in our hands very soon! 8-)