Default Couples day exchange - opinions?

Will be staying at CN and have the option of a day exchange with another couples resort. For those of you who have done this, is it worth it? Sometimes I have a hard time giving up a day where I'm already SO very happy.
    Also, what does it entail? Do you take clothes for the day with you? Do they give you somewhere to change and keep your stuff?
    What do you think?

I would weigh the amount of time you are at CN and if you are repeating a visit there. If you are there less than 7 days, or if its you're first time, I would understand why you would hesitate to visit another resort.

Next, factor in what other activities you will be doing. If you are going on extra excursions, dives, etc, then you may not have the time to switch resorts.

If you decide to do a trading places day, then you will need to bring a bag. Keep in mind the hours you will be going are 10-4ish. So while you can bring an extra outfit, I wouldn't go overboard. You're not going to need to get dressed up for dinner, so bathing suit and dry pair of shorts, undies and tshirt suited me fine. You could probably get away with just a bathing suit and tshirt for a guy and a bathing suit and cover for a gal if your suits dry before eating and going back.

We didn't ask for a place to change (never got out of our suits) and kept our bag with us, but I can't imagine them turning down these requests.

Its an easy process and great to experience another Couples property to compare and plan your next visit.

From CN you get to go to Swept Away. We did it on our second trip and enjoyed it. You are only there about 6 hours so we took no change of clothes, only wore our swim stuff and cover ups. Did have a beach bag for essential items. Was a great experience, and other then the fact we had to find a new place on the beach to sit, we were just as happy. Of course we probably spent on hour or two experiencing the grounds and becoming familiar with the place. I, being a social drinker, really like the beach hut bars better at CSA. CN only has the one that doubles as the pool bar, which is fun, but I like the ones right on the beach at CSA. Your vacation, your call, but I personally think it was worth it. We will be at CN for the 4th time in 64 days, and will do the trade since we are going to CSA in 314 days for the first time.

If you are staying at CN, your trading places resort is CSA (CSS and CTI trade on the Ochi side). We did trading places from CSA to CN last year and enjoyed it. We had always wanted to see CN. You can sign up with the concierge anytime after you arrive at CN. The trading places days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The van will pick you up at 10:00 a.m. and take you on the quick 5 minute ride to CSA. The van picks you back up at 4:00 to take you back to CN.

You would bring a coverup and any essentials (sunglasses, suntan lotion) that you would need during the day. But there isn't a locker room, or a place to put your belongs per se. We just left our beach bag on the chairs while we went to walk around the property and have lunch.

We thought it was worthwhile, but it might depend on how long your vacation is. If you're staying for less than a week, you might not want to give up a day at CN.

We have done the trading places from CN to CSA and highly reccomend it. You will leave at 10 am and be back about 4 or 4:30. Basically you get to check out this resort, eat their food, drink their drinks, and lay on their beach for the day. One trip to Negril, two resorts. You should only your beachwear , sunscreen, water, etc.

If you are staying for two weeks then yes give it try I think you will enjoy see the other resort in town. If you are staying one week I agree I have a hard time giving were I'm happy. We went in our bathing suits and did not take a change of clothes.

My Husband and I hav been to CN 5 times. We LOVE CN!!!! We decided to do the trading places our last time at CN. Well, let me tell you. We were very impressed and because of the trading places program we decided to try CSA in Feburary!!! We loved the beach!!! I love walking down to Margaritaville and seeing all the lovely people along the way. I like the fact that the resort is bigger. I like that the resturants are on either end of the resort. Anyway, just try the trading places program, because you never know!!!
    One Love,
    Mya

The only other resort you can check out is Swept Away and I highly recommended that you do it. We just brought our beach bag with our towels and camera,sunscreen and all that stuff. Bring a cover up so you can eat in a restaurant. I believe it's on m-w-f from 10-4. It's limited yo 10 couples so sign up early. Bring some cab money in case you want to leave early before the 4pm bus. It's really a nice perk so go and enjoy!

now I'm regretting not checking out CSA when we were at CN a few years ago!

Thanks everyone. Lots of great information.

After 3 trips to CN (24 total nights), we always plan to go to CSA for a Trading Places, and have yet to do it. We were dead set on doing it last month, and even though we had 10 nights at CN this time, we just didn't have a day where we felt like going there. Of course, the scuba diving plays into this for us, because you can't dive as part of this program. You will know once you get there whether or not you feel like leaving for a day.

Can you do a snorkel trip while you're at CSA on a Trading Places day? We'll be at CN in April, and last time we were there the snorkeling, while fun, was underwhelming and I thought maybe the CSA trip would go to a different place.

We did the trading places on both sides of JA. The snorkeling trips at CSA will probably be full up because that is a very popular resort and they usually run at about 94 percent capacity except in the hurricane season. They also leave at 11am and 1pm and people sign their friends up when they get up in the morning. We went on two snorkeling trips while staying at CSA (it was gfull upon us arriving so I went to the GM and she took care of us) and did not see much because of the boats and such going back and forth. I saw a jellyfish bigger one with tendrils, moon jellies ( little jellyfish that don't sting) some parrot fish, some brain coral, some trumpet fish, and some elephant coral.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinana View Post
    Will be staying at CN and have the option of a day exchange with another couples resort. For those of you who have done this, is it worth it? Sometimes I have a hard time giving up a day where I'm already SO very happy.
    Also, what does it entail? Do you take clothes for the day with you? Do they give you somewhere to change and keep your stuff?
    What do you think?
    If you have a day to take a trip over, please do so. You will get to see one of the other Couple Resorts which are all beautifull and unique in there own way. Next time you may want to stay there to experience continued relaxation and romance.

Enjoy!

Paul and Debbie
    Couples Loyalists since 1980

Quote Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
    Can you do a snorkel trip while you're at CSA on a Trading Places day? We'll be at CN in April, and last time we were there the snorkeling, while fun, was underwhelming and I thought maybe the CSA trip would go to a different place.
    With Trading Places, you can't do anything that requires reservations. So you would not be able to do the snorkel trip. As both resorts are in Negril, they probably both go to the same location or locations. I know at CTI, the snorkel trips go to different to locations, so you might ask the next time you are at CN.
    Vicky

Each of the Couples has it's own personality and special features to offer. If your stay is long enough to spare a day it would be interesting to try the trading places. All you really need to take with you is sun screen, a cover up for the women to use at the restaurant for lunch, and maybe dry shorts, although by the time 4:00 rolls around your suit is usually dry and the ride back only takes a few minutes. It will all fit in a beach bag. You do not stay for dinner so nothing fancy. They will provide you with beach towels at the resort you visit. Just tell them you are trading places and where you are staying.